3/4 defense see how effective it is...

SWIFT HITTER

It would be nice considering we have the talent to do so. The line would be nice with Kroy, Abe, Babs, Jerry, Davis, Anderson in a rotation. The LB core with Peterson, Lofton, Nicholas, Wire, Adkins and maybe we can sign or draft a top LB. Our CB's all suck besides Owens(He has a good future, IMO) I would revamp out entire DB core besides Owens and DeCoud. A 3-4 defense would be nice, sucks we didn't sign Dom Capers as our DC....Just look how he turned the Packers defense around.

It would be nice considering we have the talent to do so. The line would be nice with Kroy, Abe, Babs, Jerry, Davis, Anderson in a rotation. The LB core with Peterson, Lofton, Nicholas, Wire, Adkins and maybe we can sign or draft a top LB. Our CB's all suck besides Owens(He has a good future, IMO) I would revamp out entire DB core besides Owens and DeCoud. A 3-4 defense would be nice, sucks we didn't sign Dom Capers as our DC....Just look how he turned the Packers defense around.

The main question I have personnel-wise is who plays NT? It's nice to say that we have all of those players to rotate, but without a player who can command a double team (and depth) at that position teams will just run up the middle on us all day. Anderson, Babs and Jerry might be a decent rotation as DE's in the 3-4, and a LB lineup of Abe, Lofton, Peterson and Nicholas would be OK in the run game but not very good at all against the pass.

I dont know if you realized it but on passing downs the Cowboys lined up more in a 4-3 alignment with Spencer and Ware on the outside. I just think that the Cowboys have a much more talented defense and a better Defensive play caller in Wade Phillips. The Cowboys were able to beat the Saints because they got pressure on Brees, but most of the pressure and sacks came when they were lined up in more of a 4-3 alignment. YOu make want to look at that next time before you start clamoring for a 3-4 defense. It is all about pressure with your front 4 or by blitzing whether you are in a 4-3 or a 3-4. We fail to get pressure so therefore our defense sucks.

Newman and Jenkins = Houston and Grimes?

Giants, Vikings, Saints, Bengals, and the Eagles.

All have been top tier defenses either for a while or thisar, and they all play 4-3.

Switching to a 3-4 isn't just going to miraculously make us a top notch defense.

Exactly, Wade Phillips tried it here but we never committed seasons to it, he went to the Chargers, they committed, Dallas they committed. You have to commit a couple years drafts to it, to get the right personel. We would have to get LBs, and New DTs and DEs, some of ours could be converted, but What happened in Green Bay is rare. Also they had Dom capers, and Kevin Greene as the LB coach. ;)

Well first off we don't have the personnel to run any defense. The problem was this year, is that we didn't spend ANY money on defense. Freaking Mike Peterson? Brian Williams? Those guys are don't even show up. Williams I know is injured but I think that's part of his history report. Arthur Blank better get that Home Depot business going because he is going to have to spend a lot of money on some free agents next year. I am sure as **** not going to watch another game of Grimes and Houston. Thats for **** sure. Build through the draft and sprinkle some free agents, Thomas Dimitroff says. Well how can you build through the draft, when your whole draft class can't stay healthy? We are in such **** right now, this team better find a way to get players who can produce and not be just another quick defensive player who is too small to play his position to begin with.

imho it's the personnel that makes the difference more so then the scheme. Dallas used alot of four man fronts last night. the only difference between a 3-4 and the 4-3 is sometimes Ware would stand up before the snap and sometimes he would put his hand down.

our personnel on defense is atrocious. we will have to wait a year to see if this draft class works out though. who know? maybe jerry, moore, owens, and sidbury end up being players. throw atkins in that mix as well. either way i hope TD goes all defense this offseason, with some vets.