Anyone know what happens if the game is snowed out?

falconidae

Would they reschedule at the end of the year, or reschedule only if it made a difference in the playoff race?

Snowed out???? I think Lombardi would come back and haunt the NFL decision makers who made that call for the rest of their lives.

If we can't land or get to the stadium, it will be interesting to see what happens. Will it be rescheduled or will it be a forfeit. Given the way the NFL seems to want us to keep the no winning seasons back-to-back streak going, I think they would declare it a forfeit if the team couldn't make it.

the rules clearly stated below:

rule 113:a

If a game is cancelled due to extreme weather it will be re-scheduled at a convenience to both teams. Unless however, one team is the Atlanta Falcons. In such instances the NFL will automatically issue a loss to the Atlanta franchise to save the officials from having to throw multiple "ghost' penalties to ensure an Atlanta loss. We in the NFL are serious about preventing injuries and do not want to risk a torn rotator cuff on an official due to over use.

I find it funny how you guys in the US panic over afew CMs of snow, where in Canada, at least in most places, we dont even cancel public schools unless theres at least 15 inchs usually.

I am just above Maine, and we've gotten acouple feet over the past week, and its just like a normal week =/

Edited by SkySorrOW

I find it funny how you guys in the US panic over afew CMs of snow, where in Canada, at least in most places, we dont even cancel public schools unless theres at least 15 inchs usually.

I am just above Maine, and we've gotten acouple feet over the past week, and its just like a normal week =/

Most places in South Canada (New England states, Michigan, Minnesota, N. Dakota, ect) don't care about a little snow, but further south, where 2 inches a year is a lot of snow, it causes all sorts of havoc. There is nothing in place to protect roads, cars, people. Nobody knows how to act in it, much less drive, so everything just shuts down.

The only times I can recall a game being called is for lightning, when the President was assassinated and right after 9/11. They have played a lot of games in heavy snow (the 'tuck rule' game) and in fog so thick you couldn't see the field (on TV), much less the players. They also played when it was so cold that Tom Coughlin had a frost bitten face. He kinda looked like this -----> :wub: except he wasn't lovin' it.

I think they play on as long as there is no imminent physical danger to the players on the field.

Of course, there is always rule 113:a, which always seems to bite us in the butt..................

Edited by rightsaidfred

So it barely snows in the south and we cancel schools and work. And you guys regularly go to work and school in a couple of feet of snow. So who are the idiots? lol

Would they reschedule at the end of the year, or reschedule only if it made a difference in the playoff race?

There is no such thing as a snow out. The game goes on or have you forgotten the Ice Bowl back in Green Bay back in the 60s. The game will go on snow or not. It could be a blizzard and the game would still go on.

If a game is cancelled due to extreme weather it will be re-scheduled at a convenience to both teams. Unless however, one team is the Atlanta Falcons. In such instances the NFL will automatically issue a loss to the Atlanta franchise to save the officials from having to throw multiple "ghost' penalties to ensure an Atlanta loss. We in the NFL are serious about preventing injuries and do not want to risk a torn rotator cuff on an official due to over use.

Now that is FUNNY! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only times I can recall a game being called is for lightning, when the President was assassinated and right after 9/11. They have played a lot of games in heavy snow (the 'tuck rule' game) and in fog so thick you couldn't see the field (on TV), much less the players. They also played when it was so cold that Tom Coughlin had a frost bitten face. He kinda looked like this -----> :wub: except he wasn't lovin' it.

I think they play on as long as there is no imminent physical danger to the players on the field.

Of course, there is always rule 113:a, which always seems to bite us in the butt..................

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JeHIBA3moT4

OMG that was too da*n funny!!!! You had me fooled at the start of that post. I figured you had went and dug it up somewhere. As funny as it is its probably an unwritten rule. :unsure:

There is no such thing as a snow out. The game goes on or have you forgotten the Ice Bowl back in Green Bay back in the 60s. The game will go on snow or not. It could be a blizzard and the game would still go on.

The Saints lost a home game to weather- if the weather is so bad the teams can't get to the stadium, they'll reschedule.

At least we're not playing in Buffalo next weekend...

sad thing is.. it's true.

LOLOL :lol: !!!