I am not a Jets fan

maxatlanta

How is it that the team with the number one overall defense- total def & scoring def, AND the Number 1 rushing offense, in the entire league, has lost 6 games? What is the deal? They are 3-3 at home so it isn't a home/road thing. Is it just an anomally? They've lost to some bad teams this year and I am just looking for some insight if anyone here (NYJ trolls included) can shed some light.

How is it that the team with the number one overall defense- total def & scoring def, AND the Number 1 rushing offense, in the entire league, has lost 6 games? What is the deal? They are 3-3 at home so it isn't a home/road thing. Is it just an anomally? They've lost to some bad teams this year and I am just looking for some insight if anyone here (NYJ trolls included) can shed some light.

Mark Sanchez.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch them that much this year. No NFL ticket or the like. I think part of it is Sanchez is still a rookie and has had up & down games. I'm not surprised at their defense, considering their HC and some of the personnel. Sometimes it just takes talented teams a while to gel into teams that consistently find ways to win games. (i.e..... the Taints)

They've lost to New Orleans, New England, Jacksonville, swept by Miami and a loss to Buffalo.

Besides the N.O. and Jacksonville games all of thier losses have come in-division, and we all know how those divisional games go. I'd say they havnt really lost to any 'bad' teams except maybe the Buffalo game, and there again, it's a divisional opponent.

Not bad for a team with a rookie QB.

And thier schedule has been really tough as well.

They are not far off from being a really good team.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

being a jets fan heres what happened

Mark Sanchez has lost us 3 games:

We kept new Orleans to 10 points on offense, i think drew brees had his worst qb rating of the year against us. butttt sanchez threw a 98 int for a touchdown to darren sharper, and then he fumbled in the endzone, the saints recovered for a touchdown, final score: Saints 24 Jets 10.

Then the buffalo game, thomas jones ran for 218 yards, but everytime we got in the endzone sanchez threw an interception, 5 count em 5 interceptions, the game still went into overtime, we botched a field goal and the bill made their attempt.

then the second pats game, sanchez threw 4 interceptions, the pats jumped out to a 24-0 lead we came back with 14 points, but the defecit was too big coupled with sanchez's errors.

those were 3 games sanchez handed to the other team.

our other 3 losses are just as frustrating

the first miami game, our offense finally came alive and our defense ended up giving up a touchdown with only seconds left in the game to give miami the lead.

in the second miami game we dominated them, they only had 9 offensive points, on 107 yards, butttt 2 ted ginn kick off return TD's and a shonn greene fumble returned for a TD ruined us, we lost on a 4th and goal incomplete pass with seconds to play.

and the jags game, we battled back and forth, gained the lead with a few min left, jags came down the field and kicked the game winning field goal as time expired.

so theres are 6 losses, 4 out of the 6 losses occured on the final posession of the game. its really been an emotional coaster watching this team lol.

They've lost to New Orleans, New England, Jacksonville, swept by Miami and a loss to Buffalo.

Besides the N.O. and Jacksonville games all of thier losses have come in-division, and we all know how those divisional games go. I'd say they havnt really lost to any 'bad' teams except maybe the Buffalo game, and there again, it's a divisional opponent.

Not bad for a team with a rookie QB.

And thier schedule has been really tough as well.

They are not far off from being a really good team.

All those losses and yet they still have the #1 Defense and #1 running game.

I get your points. If we are going to say tough schedule and tough division games though, then you would think that would also show up on the stat sheet. There is something more to this and even though I haven't been following them, I think the posters who said Sanchez are right.

Also, I just looked at their schedule and here is another reason why their record doesn't seem to match their stats: They won their 7 games by an avg margin of 16 points per game.

Aside from the three games mentioned (they account for 12 of his 17 interceptions), Sanchez has played well, especially for a rookie. The failure of the defense to make key stops, some lousy playcalling by the Jets OC and special team blunders share in the blame for the team's record.

Still haven't seen Sanchez play well in poor weather conditions, though.

We kept new Orleans to 10 points on offense, i think drew brees had his worst qb rating of the year against us. butttt sanchez threw a 98 int for a touchdown to darren sharper, and then he fumbled in the endzone, the saints recovered for a touchdown, final score: Saints 24 Jets 10.

Then the buffalo game, thomas jones ran for 218 yards, but everytime we got in the endzone sanchez threw an interception, 5 count em 5 interceptions, the game still went into overtime, we botched a field goal and the bill made their attempt.

then the second pats game, sanchez threw 4 interceptions, the pats jumped out to a 24-0 lead we came back with 14 points, but the defecit was too big coupled with sanchez's errors.

the first miami game, our offense finally came alive and our defense ended up giving up a touchdown with only seconds left in the game to give miami the lead.

in the second miami game we dominated them, they only had 9 offensive points, on 107 yards, butttt 2 ted ginn kick off return TD's and a shonn greene fumble returned for a TD ruined us, we lost on a 4th and goal incomplete pass with seconds to play.

and the jags game, we battled back and forth, gained the lead with a few min left, jags came down the field and kicked the game winning field goal as time expired.

so theres are 6 losses, 4 out of the 6 losses occured on the final posession of the game. its really been an emotional coaster watching this team lol.

Thanks. Sounds like the stats are more representative of your team's talent than your record.

Thanks. Sounds like the stats are more representative of your team's talent than your record.

well if anything for us jets fans is brings to mind the phrase "same old jets" lol, we outplay, and out physical teams and still lose. I hope we can make it to the playoffs this year, but if we dont ill be more excited for next year than i have for any other proceeding season.

To jetzfan4life-- What is the best defensive approach to take against your team?

Before you ask, you guys should bracket Gonzo, let Reevis shadow White, and blitz a lot (obvious). If you have to leave a hole in the coverage to do this then let it be deep- our QBs do not have great arm strength so they won't punish you if you leave the open area downfield as opposed to in the flats. Occasionally you could see Jenkins open deep but he drops long passes on the rare occasions when they do get the ball out there. Our only answer for this will be a strong rushing game and that will be dependent on the health of Turner and our banged up Oline. We have struggled to run vs the 3-4 even when healthy so odds are in your favor.

My hope is that neither team can move the ball but both keep it on the ground to avoid having their QB lose the game. Then our special teams out performs and we win 12-6 or something like that. We do have a great punter and our new place kicker has a good track record outdoors and on long kicks.

To jetzfan4life-- What is the best defensive approach to take against your team?

Before you ask, you guys should bracket Gonzo, let Reevis shadow White, and blitz a lot (obvious). If you have to leave a hole in the coverage to do this then let it be deep- our QBs do not have great arm strength so they won't punish you if you leave the open area downfield as opposed to in the flats. Occasionally you could see Jenkins open deep but he drops long passes on the rare occasions when they do get the ball out there. Our only answer for this will be a strong rushing game and that will be dependent on the health of Turner and our banged up Oline. We have struggled to run vs the 3-4 even when healthy so odds are in your favor.

My hope is that neither team can move the ball but both keep it on the ground to avoid having their QB lose the game. Then our special teams out performs and we win 12-6 or something like that. We do have a great punter and our new place kicker has a good track record outdoors and on long kicks.

Well from what i've seen, our defense isnt really built to defend the short dink and dunk passes, those were really the only ones freeman was able to complete last week. We defend the deep pass and mid range pass attacks better than anyone, but ive noticed if you live by the blitz you die by the blitz, and the screen pass is definately a vulnerability for our defense. If i was game planning the jets defense i would go no huddle, our defense requires so many substitutions for all the different packages and looks we give offenses, if you can catch our defense off guard and prevent certain substitutions then you have a chance to move the ball down field. we really only seem to struggle when teams go into the 2 min drill on offense. short passes, screens, and draw plays tend to give us the most trouble.

and stopping us on offense basically comes down to who wins the battle at the line of scrimmage, if we cant run the ball we dont score. its as simple as that. we run the ball close to 70% of the time. and we are really a field goal offense regrettably. this game may come down to field position, if either teams gets a short field, and can capitalize with a score, that will go a long way. and conversely the team that gets the short end of the stick and is forced to go 85-90 yards will likely have a bad day on offense.

Emotional Rollercoster!!! We can most certaintly identify with that feeling.

Well from what i've seen, our defense isnt really built to defend the short dink and dunk passes, those were really the only ones freeman was able to complete last week. We defend the deep pass and mid range pass attacks better than anyone, but ive noticed if you live by the blitz you die by the blitz, and the screen pass is definately a vulnerability for our defense. If i was game planning the jets defense i would go no huddle, our defense requires so many substitutions for all the different packages and looks we give offenses, if you can catch our defense off guard and prevent certain substitutions then you have a chance to move the ball down field. we really only seem to struggle when teams go into the 2 min drill on offense. short passes, screens, and draw plays tend to give us the most trouble.

and stopping us on offense basically comes down to who wins the battle at the line of scrimmage, if we cant run the ball we dont score. its as simple as that. we run the ball close to 70% of the time. and we are really a field goal offense regrettably. this game may come down to field position, if either teams gets a short field, and can capitalize with a score, that will go a long way. and conversely the team that gets the short end of the stick and is forced to go 85-90 yards will likely have a bad day on offense.

:lol:

You probably won't have to worry about that!! :D

:(