OFFSEASON!

bigjmw84

FA:

Ellis Hobbs-He is consistently solid year in and year out.

Richard Marshall-He is an aggressive corner who can tackle and make plays on the ball

D'Qwell Jackson-Would be a great SLB for us. We could put Nicholas in his natural position at WLB

Jason Avant-Would be a nice option with Finneran and Booker most likely gone and jenkins up and down

[/b]

Compensatory: 4th,5th,and 7th

We trade Babs to SEA for a 2nd round pick - We reunite him with Coach Mora and his brother Jordan

We trade our 1st and 5th to KC for both 2nd round picks

2nd:Dan Williams-DT/NT TEN

2nd:Gabe Carimi-RT WISC

2nd:Austen Lane-DE Murry ST.

3rd:Kam Chancellor-WLB VT.

4th:Sergio Render-OG VT

4th:Andre Anderson-RB Tulane

5th:Erik Cook-OC NEW MEXICO

6th:Bill Stull-QB PITT

7th:Mickey Shuler-TE Penn St.

UDFA's:

Aaron Pettrey-K OSU

Joique Bell-RB Wayne St.

Brian Anderson-WR Ct.Mich

Clint Gresham-LS TCU

DE:Abe/Sid/Murray

DT:Jerry/Anderson/Walker

DT:Williams/T.Johnson

DE:Biermann/Murray/Davis

WLB:Nicholas/Chancellor

MLB:Lofton/Peterson/Gilbert

SLB:D.Jackson/Adkins/Wire

CB:R.Marshall/Owens

FS:Decould/Coleman

SS:Moore/Coleman

CB:Hobbs/Houston/Jackson

LT:Baker/Svitek

LG:Blalock/Render

OC:McClure/Cook

RG:Render/Clabo

RT:Carimi/Reynolds

QB:Ryan/Wilson/Stull

FB:Mughelli/Snelling

RB:Turner/Snelling/Andre Anderson

WR:White/Avant/Weems

WR:Douglas/Jenkins/Booker

TE:Gonzalez/Peele/Shuler

FA:

Ellis Hobbs-He is consistently solid year in and year out.

Richard Marshall-He is an aggressive corner who can tackle and make plays on the ball

D'Qwell Jackson-Would be a great SLB for us. We could put Nicholas in his natural position at WLB

Jason Avant-Would be a nice option with Finneran and Booker most likely gone and jenkins up and down

[/b]

Compensatory: 4th,5th,and 7th

We trade Babs to SEA for a 2nd round pick - We reunite him with Coach Mora and his brother Jordan

We trade our 1st and 5th to KC for both 2nd round picks

2nd:Dan Williams-DT/NT TEN

2nd:Gabe Carimi-RT WISC

2nd:Austen Lane-DE Murry ST.

3rd:Kam Chancellor-WLB VT.

4th:Sergio Render-OG VT

4th:Andre Anderson-RB Tulane

5th:Erik Cook-OC NEW MEXICO

6th:Bill Stull-QB PITT

7th:Mickey Shuler-TE Penn St.

UDFA's:

Aaron Pettrey-K OSU

Joique Bell-RB Wayne St.

Brian Anderson-WR Ct.Mich

Clint Gresham-LS TCU

DE:Abe/Sid/Murray

DT:Jerry/Anderson/Walker

DT:Williams/T.Johnson

DE:Biermann/Murray/Davis

WLB:Nicholas/Chancellor

MLB:Lofton/Peterson/Gilbert

SLB:D.Jackson/Adkins/Wire

CB:R.Marshall/Owens

FS:Decould/Coleman

SS:Moore/Coleman

CB:Hobbs/Houston/Jackson

LT:Baker/Svitek

LG:Blalock/Render

OC:McClure/Cook

RG:Render/Clabo

RT:Carimi/Reynolds

QB:Ryan/Wilson/Stull

FB:Mughelli/Snelling

RB:Turner/Snelling/Andre Anderson

WR:White/Avant/Weems

WR:Douglas/Jenkins/Booker

TE:Gonzalez/Peele/Shuler

I think all that trading may be a bit of a stretch, but i would love to have 3 2nd rd picks though. Not sure why we would draft a QB either. Redman is a solid backup as we will get anywhere. He knows the system and is reliable. I am pretty sure that the coaches are high on Wilson as well.

Like the draft. Not big on drafting another young CB, but i would want to address WR fairly early. I think that having another WR threat opposite Roddy White could be absolutely HUGE for our team both offensively and defensively. Let me explain....

Having a homerun hitter opposite Roddy White would be big for our offense in that he can actually beat 1v1's and take the ball to the house if Roddy and or Tony are double coveraged. Jenkins may have a decent game getting 8-10 targets, but he RARELY takes it to the house and makes a game changing play. That will just add another dimension on our offense.

It helps our defense out because as we have seen this year when our offense is playing bad our defense is playing bad. We did not put teams in situations where we can pin our ears back and get after the QB. The league is becoming more pass oriented and thats how teams are winning now. They score early and put pressure on you. If we had a good No.2 we would have a solid trio. Roddy, Douglas (slot), Rookie. That would give us a dangerous 3 WR set which we will desperately need against a Saints team that puts up points.

I think all that trading may be a bit of a stretch, but i would love to have 3 2nd rd picks though. Not sure why we would draft a QB either. Redman is a solid backup as we will get anywhere. He knows the system and is reliable. I am pretty sure that the coaches are high on Wilson as well.

Like the draft. Not big on drafting another young CB, but i would want to address WR fairly early. I think that having another WR threat opposite Roddy White could be absolutely HUGE for our team both offensively and defensively. Let me explain....

Having a homerun hitter opposite Roddy White would be big for our offense in that he can actually beat 1v1's and take the ball to the house if Roddy and or Tony are double coveraged. Jenkins may have a decent game getting 8-10 targets, but he RARELY takes it to the house and makes a game changing play. That will just add another dimension on our offense.

It helps our defense out because as we have seen this year when our offense is playing bad our defense is playing bad. We did not put teams in situations where we can pin our ears back and get after the QB. The league is becoming more pass oriented and thats how teams are winning now. They score early and put pressure on you. If we had a good No.2 we would have a solid trio. Roddy, Douglas (slot), Rookie. That would give us a dangerous 3 WR set which we will desperately need against a Saints team that puts up points.

Im not big on drafting CB either. Hobbs and Marshall would shore up our secondary with owens,houston and chevis

Arthur Blank has been very consistent as far as dealing with character issues, so that leads me to believe its possible. Jerry is in the same mold as Babs, but much stronger, JA98 is truly progressing at DT(draws double teams at times), and Vance Walker will be a big suprise. With the addition of Dan williams he has the strength and girth to take up 2 blockers, but athletic enough to collapse the pocket(4-3 or 3-4 DT). As far as another WR is concerned, I believe Avant would be a nice piece as #3. All the coaches were saying Douglas looked like the best WR before his injury.(I think he can be a poormans Dwsean Jackson) Making jenks compete for the 3rd spot will make him play at a higher level. Fixing the right side of the o-line will sharpen the whole offense.We werent able to go more vertical much because Ryan/Redman havent had the time to let the routes develop.(alot of 3 step drops and intermediate routes this year) We need to keep a 60/40 pass to rush ratio and we can be really good

Im not big on drafting CB either. Hobbs and Marshall would shore up our secondary with owens,houston and chevis

Arthur Blank has been very consistent as far as dealing with character issues, so that leads me to believe its possible. Jerry is in the same mold as Babs, but much stronger, JA98 is truly progressing at DT(draws double teams at times), and Vance Walker will be a big suprise. With the addition of Dan williams he has the strength and girth to take up 2 blockers, but athletic enough to collapse the pocket(4-3 or 3-4 DT). As far as another WR is concerned, I believe Avant would be a nice piece as #3. All the coaches were saying Douglas looked like the best WR before his injury.(I think he can be a poormans Dwsean Jackson) Making jenks compete for the 3rd spot will make him play at a higher level. Fixing the right side of the o-line will sharpen the whole offense.We werent able to go more vertical much because Ryan/Redman havent had the time to let the routes develop.(alot of 3 step drops and intermediate routes this year) We need to keep a 60/40 pass to rush ratio and we can be really good

Do me a favor. I dont mean this as sarcasm or anything. Put some paragraphs in between stuff its hard for alot of people to read stuff when it so close together, but back to the issue.

Yeah we already have our young developing corner in Owens and IMO Houston is our starter at RCB. Then we have other guys like Williams. He could be coming back who knows. Tye Hill.... unlikely to come back, but if he starts playing well these last 3 games who knows. I don't care too much for Grimes. So i think juts 1 FA CB would be sufficient.

Yeah Avant would probably be an upgrade rather than Jenkins, but i would like to have a guy like Meachem or Hakeem Nicks who is a good deep threat as well. When i look at Avant i just think he is a solid WR. I have doubts about HD playing the No.2 WR role. I think he will do most of his damage in the slot to other teams. I don't have the ht and wt of him v DJax, but i think DJax is a little taller and i am not sure if their speeds are similar either. DJax speed is on another level. HD seems like he is quicker than fast.