atljbo

000_0414-1-2.jpg

link

Maryland's Campbell to enter draft

Comment Email Print Share

By Joe Schad

ESPN.com

Archive

Maryland junior offensive tackle Bruce Campbell said Friday he will enter the next NFL draft.

Campbell, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 310 pounds, said he has been told he could be drafted from the middle of the first round to the middle of the second.

"I feel I can be something special and this is best for me," Campbell said. "I have good size and I can protect the quarterbacks' blind side. I played defensive line in high school so I can also think like a defensive player, which is an advantage."

Scouts Inc. rates Campbell as the No. 24 prospect for the 2010 draft.

Maryland does not play in a bowl game, so Campbell can begin his training soon, likely in Miami.

Doesnt he have some hugh injury concerns, I wouldnt mind taking him. I dont understand Jake Lockers decision to stay in school, part of me feels like he is not 100% commmitted to playing football, which is why he didnt want to take the next step to the NFL, I would question that if I were a NFL GM even when he comes out next year, he could end up being a JarMarcus Russell.

ncf_e_campbell_600.jpg

Rotoworld

Maryland LT Bruce Campbell will forgo his final season as a Terrapin and enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

Campbell only started 1 1/2 seasons for the Terrapins, but possesses the stature (6'7/310) and athleticism to stay on the blind side in the pros. He has a good chance to be drafted midway through April's first round. It's interesting to note that Maryland produces so many NFL prospects, yet has just a 35-38 record over the last six years. They didn't even qualify for a Bowl in 2009.

link

Bruce Campbell, Maryland, OT: The Terps have been good for a few workout warriors, and the 6-6, 306-pound Campbell is a supersized version. Maryland strength coach Dwight Galt calls him "one of a kind." Campbell certainly has the bloodlines. His father, Bruce, starred for the Providence College hoops team in the '70s before he was drafted by the Nets.

Earlier this month, Campbell bench-pressed 490 pounds, which is impressive, especially considering the length of his arms. He also ran a 4.82 40. "Bruce looks like a Greek God," Galt says. "He almost looks like a bodybuilder. He's the offensive line version of Vernon Davis."

They call this guy the OT Vernon Davis.... He is a freak of nature...

Doesnt he have some hugh injury concerns, I wouldnt mind taking him. I dont understand Jake Lockers decision to stay in school, part of me feels like he is not 100% commmitted to playing football, which is why he didnt want to take the next step to the NFL, I would question that if I were a NFL GM even when he comes out next year, he could end up being a JarMarcus Russell.

Naw he does not have any major injury concerns....He had turf toe... I would be amped if we drafted Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis.... Ive seen the big impact Micheal Oher made for the ravens.... He plays RT for the ravens but when Jared Gaithers went down Michael Oher played LT..... Bruce Campbell and Athony Davis could be that OT for us...

I feel like Defense has to be addressed but if we signed some Defensive guys in FA.... I would not mind drafting a RT/LT.

Naw he does not have any major injury concerns....He had turf toe... I would be amped if we drafted Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis.... Ive seen the big impact Micheal Oher made for the ravens.... He plays RT for the ravens but when Jared Gaithers went down Michael Oher played LT..... Bruce Campbell and Athony Davis could be that OT for us...

I feel like Defense has to be addressed but if we signed some Defensive guys in FA.... I would not mind drafting a RT/LT.

Don't know much about this Campbell kid. He looks to be a physical beast.

Anthony Davis I absolutely love, though. He's about the only pick I'd be happy with in the 1st round that isn't CB, DE, or OLB. But we're at 13 now and if we don't get into the 20s, I'd have a hard time justifying taking Davis over some other guys we really really could use on defense.

This is another guy who can be available or push down some more defensive talent.

I wouldn't mind grabbing him, but like Carter said, I like Anthony Davis much more. Either way, we HAVE to get someone in FA on the defensive side of the ball.

I like Anthony Davis and Bruce Campbell..... I'm hearing this is what scouts think about Anthony Davis.

Rutgers offensive tackle Anthony Davis has changed his cell phone number and is not responding to text messages. In other words he’s entering the draft and has likely settled on representation. Scouts we’ve spoken with think that despite a disappointing junior campaign Davis is a first round prospect. That said his off the field antics have scouts and NFL decision makers a bit unsettled and could push Davis out of the top 32 selections of the draft. Those we’ve spoken with feel Davis has All Pro potential at the next level yet at the same time has a bust factor in his personality.