Kudos to Curtis Lofton for being a baller!

Nono

TACKLES

--PLAYER----------------TEAM--SOLO--AST-TOTAL

1-Patrick Willis,-LB-----SFO----97-----35---132

2-London Fletcher,-LB-WAS---76-----42---118

--Jon Beason,-LB-------CAR----93-----25---118

--Curtis Lofton,-LB------ATL-----95-----23---118

5-Barrett Ruud,-LB-----TAM-----83-----30---113

Curtis has led the league or at least been top 5 in tackles pretty much all year. On

the surface this sounds good when any Falcon is at the top of a stat. Unfortunately

this only means that the opposing running backs are consistently moving past our weak

D line and the linebakers are left to stop the run after the damage is done----

reminds me of Micheal Boley's days here.

Way to go Bab & Company, you want me to continue spending money to watch you give it

up Sunday? Maybe you should take your game a little more seriously.

FYI---the week 16 combined team records of the teams the top 5 tacklers 23 W's 43 L's

Edited by Nono

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, and Zach Thomas have been MLBs that consistenly lead the league in tackles.Lot's of tackles isn't simply a sign of a bad defensive line or defense, you have to look at the situation.

Thank you.. some people are stupid.

So our LBs should have less tackles? No. They should have as many tackles as they can get but more tackles for loss and for short gains which that stat you posted tells you nothing about.

Wow you really showed how little you know about schemes and the job of most d-lines. The main job of a DT is to take up a blocker and clog a lane for the RB not to be able to get through allowing the LB's to crash down on the line and make a stop on the RB for little to no gain. It's really nice if your DT can also make a tackle or stop wile doing so as well. Which little did you know Babs is the #1 player in the NFL with stop which means the play went for little or no gain once he got his hands on the offensive player with the ball. He has 34 of them and this is the top 6 in the league.

1. Babs - 34

2. Pat Williams - 29

3. Aubrayo Franklin - 28

4. Vince Wilfork - 27

5. Clifton Ryan - 26

6. Shaun Rogers - 25

Then if you want to go with sacks Babs also leads that for DT's

1. Babs - 6

2. Kevin Williams - 5

3. Jay Ratlif - 4

4. Thomas Brown - 4

5. Mike Wright - 4

6. Jason Jones - 4

But lets not stop there for DT's lets go to tackles for a DT which you think is the end all stats for a DT.

1. Pat Williams - 34

2. Tommy Kelly - 34

3. Daniel Miur - 34

4. Vince Wilfork - 34

5. Babs - 30

6. Marcus Stroud - 30

Then we can go QB Pressures for those who don't get a sack but causes a rushed pass anyways which usually ends up incomplete.

1. Tony Brown - 32

2. Shaun Rogers - 23

3. Babs - 20

4. Kevin Williams - 17

5. Damione Lewis - 16

6. Amobi Okoye - 14

Then you can add in that the he is better within playing the rules this year than all of those other top guys on most of the lists as he only has 1 penalty compared to the majority of them having atleast 2 or more.

So please tell me with babs being in the top 5 of pretty much every key statistical priority of a DT how he has not been doing his job this year? He has quite possibly been the best DT in the entire league this year and is a lock for the top 3 and thats not even including that he drops into some coverage every now and then which DT's rarely do and has been quite descent in coverage over the middle for a man his size.

Whoooaaa...I knew Babs has been awesome this year, but not this much.

Link, please?

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DT&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

Quite possibly the best site their is for stats they watch every game tape of every player each week and update the stats and they do alot more stats than most sites.

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, and Zach Thomas have been MLBs that consistenly lead the league in tackles. As of the past chunk of games, our run defense hasn't been that bad. Lot's of tackles isn't simply a sign of a bad defensive line or defense, you have to look at the situation.

I agree... tackles are one of those subjective stats that don't tell the whole story. I prefer that our MLB is leading our team in tackles though and not the safeties as this would obviously mean runners are getting into the secondary...

I agree... tackles are one of those subjective stats that don't tell the whole story. I prefer that our MLB is leading our team in tackles though and not the safeties as this would obviously mean runners are getting into the secondary...

I am relatively certain that all teams have their MLBs leading their team in tackles, except occasionally an OLB. There isn't a team in the NFL that has it's defensive line leading in tackles.

Wow you really showed how little you know about schemes and the job of most d-lines. The main job of a DT is to take up a blocker and clog a lane for the RB not to be able to get through allowing the LB's to crash down on the line and make a stop on the RB for little to no gain. It's really nice if your DT can also make a tackle or stop wile doing so as well. Which little did you know Babs is the #1 player in the NFL with stop which means the play went for little or no gain once he got his hands on the offensive player with the ball. He has 34 of them and this is the top 6 in the league.

1. Babs - 34

2. Pat Williams - 29

3. Aubrayo Franklin - 28

4. Vince Wilfork - 27

5. Clifton Ryan - 26

6. Shaun Rogers - 25

Then if you want to go with sacks Babs also leads that for DT's

1. Babs - 6

2. Kevin Williams - 5

3. Jay Ratlif - 4

4. Thomas Brown - 4

5. Mike Wright - 4

6. Jason Jones - 4

But lets not stop there for DT's lets go to tackles for a DT which you think is the end all stats for a DT.

1. Pat Williams - 34

2. Tommy Kelly - 34

3. Daniel Miur - 34

4. Vince Wilfork - 34

5. Babs - 30

6. Marcus Stroud - 30

Then we can go QB Pressures for those who don't get a sack but causes a rushed pass anyways which usually ends up incomplete.

1. Tony Brown - 32

2. Shaun Rogers - 23

3. Babs - 20

4. Kevin Williams - 17

5. Damione Lewis - 16

6. Amobi Okoye - 14

Then you can add in that the he is better within playing the rules this year than all of those other top guys on most of the lists as he only has 1 penalty compared to the majority of them having atleast 2 or more.

So please tell me with babs being in the top 5 of pretty much every key statistical priority of a DT how he has not been doing his job this year? He has quite possibly been the best DT in the entire league this year and is a lock for the top 3 and thats not even including that he drops into some coverage every now and then which DT's rarely do and has been quite descent in coverage over the middle for a man his size.

Very nice post.

LOL @ you the fools that want to trade this young man.

Thank you.. some people are stupid.

So our LBs should have less tackles? No. They should have as many tackles as they can get but more tackles for loss and for short gains which that stat you posted tells you nothing about.

And thank you...you are so right. Now I'll be the first to say that we can still improve our LB play on the whole, but for the past few years we haven't seen LB's making plays at all around here. Where you run into problems is when your DB's are leading in tackles. That means everything is getting past the LB's and into the secondary. Great points...

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, and Zach Thomas have been MLBs that consistenly lead the league in tackles. As of the past chunk of games, our run defense hasn't been that bad. Lot's of tackles isn't simply a sign of a bad defensive line or defense, you have to look at the situation.

exactly.