• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I initially posted the trailer here a long time ago and everyone except GB trashed it. Said it looked like a stupid video game, we will see.....we will see.

I saw it last night at the midnight showing. I was really pumped up about it and had high expectations for it, and believe me, it surpassed every single one of my expectations. This is the one movie that I've seen in 3D that I can honestly say I'm happy I shelled out the extra $4 for. It was amazing.

I saw it last night at the midnight showing. I was really pumped up about it and had high expectations for it, and believe me, it surpassed every single one of my expectations. This is the one movie that I've seen in 3D that I can honestly say I'm happy I shelled out the extra $4 for. It was amazing.

Great, I will be going to watch this in Imax 3D either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, but I think I was going to see this anyway....lol...even my mom wants to see it in 3D....:lol:

treated my dad to the 4:00 showing in 3D today. 3D is the ONLY way to see this flick. james cameron has set the bar with this one. graphics are insane. easily one of the best movies that i've seen in the past 10 years and probably the best from this year. i thought it had it all.......story, plot, action, adventure, some light comedy (very light, but i still chuckled in a few parts), a little bit of suspense in some parts leaving you wanting more and wondering what's going to happen next. overall, GREAT flick

Did watching the movie at that length in 3D hurt anyone's eyes or give you a headache? I know there was some talk before this movie came out that it could be a problem for some people. Glad some here liked it, the opinions found here are often pretty reliable.

the 3D didn't really bother me, but having to sit through an almost 3 hour movie can sometimes be a pain. regardless, i'd still recommend this flick.

the 3D didn't really bother me, but having to sit through an almost 3 hour movie can sometimes be a pain. regardless, i'd still recommend this flick.

Bladder busters for sure, I think 3D movies and TV are the way to go with Cameron, Lucas and Speilburg behind that medium it's only a matter of time before it takes off. Star Wars (the original) is supposed to be coming out in 3D sometime in the future, I can't wait for that one.

Its my favorite movie of all time.

I thought this might be an overstatement. But, its been since opening night and I still love the movie to death. It might not have the most original story, but my god. This movie had me in awe. Its one of the few movies or books that makes me think the world is real and I wish I could go there. I just love it.

I went in thinking it would be all hype. Its 2.5hrs long so be prepared.

The story is told well, but people can get turned off by the message. It isn't for everyone. I believe that the only reason people would vote this movie down is because they dont agree with the moral, and not because they actually feel its a badly made movie.

The visual effects are amazing. You have to see this movie in the theater, you will regret it later. This is one of those rare times when you know right away that you're seeing something that will define movies for a long time.

I went in thinking it would be all hype. Its 2.5hrs long so be prepared.

The story is told well, but people can get turned off by the message. It isn't for everyone. I believe that the only reason people would vote this movie down is because they dont agree with the moral, and not because they actually feel its a badly made movie.

The visual effects are amazing. You have to see this movie in the theater, you will regret it later. This is one of those rare times when you know right away that you're seeing something that will define movies for a long time.

You know what sucks about that? What kind of world do we live in where people would get turned off from a message that states: Don't be a greedy *** corporation that thinks it is ok to forcibly "relocate" the rightful owners of an area of land so you can help your stockholders bottom line by stripping said land of the resources?

The message is dead on, and I question the validity of a person's soul who thinks the message is somehow "liberal" in nature or politically driven. It's not about the rhetoric from political parties, etc, it's about what they should have taught us in kindergarten and it should have stuck:

Treat people how you would want to be treated, and don't take what is not yours.

Why is this friggin hard for us? I know I am ashamed when I read about the Trail of Tears...

I surprised my wife and told her that we are going to see it last night. She told my step son who is a art student at scad and he saw it for the 4th time. I tell you this movie was the BOMB. I loved every bit of it. If you are a fan of James Cameron you can see where he wrote the movie long ago. This is a knock off of Aliens, in every since without the slobbering acid alien. Marines, a greedy company. Man My step son kept talking about suttle nuances from the movie and it kept me thinking afterwards. You see he wants to do animation and this is his field. So he is studying it everytime he sees it. Me I am a fan and loved seeing Sigorney Weaver in it also.

I have to say that this tops pretty much every sci fi movie I have paid to see. I am a big star wars fan. Look for the sequels they are coming.