I seriously think we need to look at this guy

Osiruz

who? I refuse to click without knowing.

Mike Martz (born May 13, 1951 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota) is a former NFL head coach and offensive coordinator most recently the offensive coordinator for the National Football League's San Francisco 49ers.

Martz is known for creating complicated offensive schemes, particularly in the passing game. He is best known as the offensive coordinator behind the St. Louis Rams high-powered 1999 team that won the Super Bowl. As a head coach in the NFL Martz was 56-36 in 5 1/3 seasons as the St. Louis Rams head coach

No way. Martz doesn't believe in protecting the QB at all. He lucked into a perfect situation in St Louis. He had Faulk, a solid OL, and 2 excellent WRs. He also had a miracle when Warner turned out to be a player instead of a grocery bagger. It was more of a harmonic convergence than genius. I'll take our current OC...

No way. Martz doesn't believe in protecting the QB at all. He lucked into a perfect situation in St Louis. He had Faulk, a solid OL, and 2 excellent WRs. He also had a miracle when Warner turned out to be a player instead of a grocery bagger. It was more of a harmonic convergence than genius. I'll take our current OC...

Great points. What has Martz done since then?

he also has all the peices to work w/ here except for an LT.

Ryan and turner would be sick in his offense.

Been there done that...Detroit thought the same thing, and SF thought the same thing...didn't work. It's like any new scheme the teams have figured out how to defend that system. That's why Martz isn't coaching anywhere.

Marshall Faulk was a great at catching the ball out of the backfield, Turner is not so that dimension of the offense will be gone. We can bring in Norwood but won't have the same effect because the team will look for a passing play with Norwood in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XmiA1n_v2I

99-05

He posted up a 55-36 record and his franchise was the dominant one in the league. His offensive records speak for themselves. I think matt ryan has the same qualities that kurt has, and the weapons, and with a good LT we can be a dominant offense.

my 2 cents.

For head coach no question about it. Martz knows how to effectively run a team unlike our current hot head.

Would ya could ya take our Current OC don't really care where you take him just take him, because he is an idiot. Not sure Martz is the answer but anything wolud be better the the idiot we now have.

No way do I want Martz, if we pick him uo we might as well trade Turner this guy is the opposite of Mularkey we need to find a OC who is balanced not one who will throw the ball every play.

This is an untrue generalization that has been circuling around:

http://www.nfl.com/players/marshallfaulk/profile?id=FAU138264

Marshall faulks Yards and YPC went up under martz, and he would definately utilize an under used turner in the passing game. You also do know that his offense holds the alltime record for points from 99-01, right???

something the saints are OBLITERATING us at right now.

Been there done that...Detroit thought the same thing

He had freaking chumps in Detroit: Kitna/tatum bell/and the worst Oline in football, and took them to 7-9 and near the playoffs...not to mention they lost games because of their defense. Kitna was a 4000 yd passer under him, and lets not forgot the lions records w/ the SAME team after him:

08: 0-16

09: 2-11

and SF thought the same thing...didn't work

The niners didn't allow him to install his type of offense, and again with the level of talent the niners have on offense they were destined to stuggle (and they are atm) regardless.

Not true sir.

Sometimes the best way to protect the QB is to spread it out rather than bunch up the middle (which really was effective against dallas, wasn't it). The pats, colts, and saints do it, and get rid of the ball quickly to beat the blitz. Not to mention his other QBs weren't doing too bad either: Bulger/ Trent Green.

also how about this for a stat:

14-47

Thats the rams record in 4 seasons after his departure. A very solid drop from the winning percentage posted under him.

Edited by osiruz

Which is why he's been fired from every head coaching job he's held and every offense he ran that didn't have 5 Pro Bowl future HOFers was garbage.

actually the 07 lions/08 Niners have similar offensive rankings to us this season, the only difference is we have VASTLY superior talent on offense than they do.

Ryan >>>> Kitna

Roddy white >> Williams

Junkins < Calvin Johnson

Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tatum bell

Gonzo >>>>>>>>>>>> their TEs

Our Oline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> their Oline