For everyone that thinks we had an off year.

Faithful Falcon

Check out the stats. Matt Ryan was on track to have better numbers than last season. Michael Turner had over 800 yards half way into the 8th game of the season. Has been hurt since then. Was only trailing two other rushers in the NFL at that point. People have been down on Roddy White, but he is still on pace for another 1000 yards plus season. Abraham is not having his season from last season, but the other guys like Beirmann, Davis, and Babs have stepped up.

Now, factor in all of the injuries, and we have just had some misfortune. We are far from being bad. With all of the hate for the franchise. We are headed into the right direction.

Check out the stats. Matt Ryan was on track to have better numbers than last season. Michael Turner had over 800 yards half way into the 8th game of the season. Has been hurt since then. Was only trailing two other rushers in the NFL at that point. People have been down on Roddy White, but he is still on pace for another 1000 yards plus season. Abraham is not having his season from last season, but the other guys like Beirmann, Davis, and Babs have stepped up.

Now, factor in all of the injuries, and we have just had some misfortune. We are far from being bad. With all of the hate for the franchise. We are headed into the right direction.

Did you seriously just say Davis has stepped up? Have we been watching the same Chauncey Davis? :huh:

Did you seriously just say Davis has stepped up? Have we been watching the same Chauncey Davis? :huh:

He has had limited playing opportunities with Jamaal Anderson, Kroy Beirmann, and Lawrence Sidbury playing. The only one beside Anderson on that line that is not having a nice year is Abraham. Let's stick to the subject. It only takes a minute for someone to turn a positive into a negative.

i agree that injuries have been the theme for this year, seems like everyone we really depend on went down at horrible times. It started with Douglas(there goes our playmaker) then Moore & Jerry(there goes our breakout rookies) then Williams(there goes our only decent corner)then Turner (there goes our 1000 yard back & bruiser,plus a TD machine)then Ryan (there goes our franchise QB)add that up with Norwood,Finn,Gilbert,& a host of weekly dings & dangs & i start to say 500. may not be that bad.Few teams could sustain losses like that & still make a playoff run.So here's to a healthy 2010

i agree that injuries have been the theme for this year, seems like everyone we really depend on went down at horrible times. It started with Douglas(there goes our playmaker) then Moore & Jerry(there goes our breakout rookies) then Williams(there goes our only decent corner)then Turner (there goes our 1000 yard back & bruiser,plus a TD machine)then Ryan (there goes our franchise QB)add that up with Norwood,Finn,Gilbert,& a host of weekly dings & dangs & i start to say 500. may not be that bad.Few teams could sustain losses like that & still make a playoff run.So here's to a healthy 2010

Exactly! You take away; Starting QB, Tailback, two O-linemen, #2 and 3 WRs, #1 Corner (Williams), oh and your #1 and #2 Draft Picks, ANY team wouuld be hard-pressed to be 500. So while I'm truly bumbed as we could have had at least 2 or 3 Ws before it all went to ****...we went toe-to-toe with the #1 Team in the league and had a chance to tie or go ahead late, I'm ok with where we are. I think we can win out and finish 9-7 if we play like we did last week for just three more games, we should.

Good post. Imagine our record if we had everyone healthy....Scary thought.

That's the beauty of message boards, a team can start 4-1 then go 2-6 and someone can say that the team is headed in the right direction, as long as hypothetical projections can be made and injuries blamed, who cares what the W-L record says. Just think, we could be 0-13 at this point and still come up with something to show how we aren't having an off year and how we're headed in the right direction.

Until the W-L record stays above .500 after October and hopefully throughout the season, we aren't headed in the right direction no matter what anyone says.

That's the beauty of message boards, a team can start 4-1 then go 2-6 and someone can say that the team is headed in the right direction, as long as hypothetical projections can be made and injuries blamed, who cares what the W-L record says. Just think, we could be 0-13 at this point and still come up with something to show how we aren't having an off year and how we're headed in the right direction.

Until the W-L record stays above .500 after October and hopefully throughout the season, we aren't headed in the right direction no matter what anyone says.

You are blinded by what is going on in the NFL. These picture perfect seasons or what not. The fact still remains the same. When you can pinpoint, and minimize the mistakes you have made during a loss, then you are doing the right thing. If you are hanging in there with the teams that actually have ample pro bowler, you are doing the right thing. Take it how you wanna. A message board has a lot different people, some are idiots, and others have real insight. If some paid more attention to what actually happening, rather than what's on their corny little minds. Then they would understand the logic.

You are blinded by what is going on in the NFL. These picture perfect seasons or what not. The fact still remains the same. When you can pinpoint, and minimize the mistakes you have made during a loss, then you are doing the right thing. If you are hanging in there with the teams that actually have ample pro bowler, you are doing the right thing. Take it how you wanna. A message board has a lot different people, some are idiots, and others have real insight. If some paid more attention to what actually happening, rather than what's on their corny little minds. Then they would understand the logic.

Blinded? WTF are you talking about? Did I miss the part where we actually won more games than we lost so far? I'm talking about W-L results, that's the ultimate measure of whether you are doing the right thing especially during the regular season, which is now. At this point my football team is 6-7, that's not 6-7* with the footnote that we would be tied with Indy with an undefeated record if it weren't for injuries and 7 losses. That's just plain ole 6-7 PERIOD, a losing record very late in the season. Footnotes and excuses are about denial.

The season isn't over, but trying to convince anyone that a losing record (to this point) is anything other than what it is - that's insanity, but as I said that's what a forum like this allows, so knock yourself out I'm just not buying that crap.

Blinded? WTF are you talking about? Did I miss the part where we actually won more games than we lost so far? I'm talking about W-L results, that's the ultimate measure of whether you are doing the right thing especially during the regular season, which is now. At this point my football team is 6-7, that's not 6-7* with the footnote that we would be tied with Indy with an undefeated record if it weren't for injuries and 7 losses. That's just plain ole 6-7 PERIOD, a losing record very late in the season. Footnotes and excuses are about denial.

The season isn't over, but trying to convince anyone that a losing record (to this point) is anything other than what it is - that's insanity, but as I said that's what a forum like this allows, so knock yourself out I'm just not buying that crap.

And I will. We don't need someone like yourself claiming it's the end of the world. No one said anything about Indy's undefeated record. It's not about that. It's the quality of play. We have 7 losses, and were in all but two of those games. If you don't like what I am writing, then don't respond. You don't have to read it. Then again, you are just like everyday life. Some tries to make a situation positive, and there is always some trying to take us back.

And I will. We don't need someone like yourself claiming it's the end of the world. No one said anything about Indy's undefeated record. It's not about that. It's the quality of play. We have 7 losses, and were in all but two of those games. If you don't like what I am writing, then don't respond. You don't have to read it. Then again, you are just like everyday life. Some tries to make a situation positive, and there is always some trying to take us back.

Nothing anyone says here will move things forward or hold anything back. What I don't like is the results and where we are, especially after last season. That's what I don't like, and what I'm commenting on. In case you missed it, look at this part of my last post "The season isn't over" I haven't declared the end of the world or the end of the season, they could still improve things from where they are, but as someone who is in the broad category to whom you addressed this topic - "For everyone that thinks we had an off year." I say we have, had the off year (to this point) and I don't like it. If that's anyone's idea of the end of the world, then life is going to be brutally harsh. As you said, you don't have to like or respond to me either.

I just replied to say that I'm not buying that, I look at results not footnotes and excuses - they diminish real accomplishment and do nothing to enhance less than desirable results.

In a future positive outlook, we have had a good year. We have only really not been hanging in on two games. We have had countless number of injuries, like everyone has stated.

On the negative side, The good teams always find ways to win. No matter if there are injuries or not, and we are not cutting it in the aspect. If we want to be an elite team, we need to win, with our backups also.

In a future positive outlook, we have had a good year. We have only really not been hanging in on two games. We have had countless number of injuries, like everyone has stated.

On the negative side, The good teams always find ways to win. No matter if there are injuries or not, and we are not cutting it in the aspect. If we want to be an elite team, we need to win, with our backups also.

Tell me thats not Harry Potter in your avatar? :huh:

I'll positive to that.B)

The Colts and Saints are among the most injured teams in the league...

Just sayin.

We didn't have an "off year"... we just lost very key guys to injury and lack the depth or system to succeed without them. That will come with time though... we were never supposed to be as good as we were last year, so expectations for this year became lofty for a team thin at most positions.

Every team has injuries. That's why quality depth is so important. We're definitely going in the right direction.

Faithful Falcon with the rose colored glasses on as per...

Good teams overcome injuries... At present we are a run of the mill average NFL team. We havnt even got decent starters on defense, so i wont even bring up the back ups lol...

The OC and DC are both trash, but yeah, i see your point. Misfortune lol

When TD doesnt utilize free agency again in the off season and we finish middle of the road again, i guess that will be misfortune as well...

Please--I respect your faith but we are the weakest in the league at CB and because of injury or inept play, sorry at pass rush. It has been a disappointment all around.

Nothing anyone says here will move things forward or hold anything back. What I don't like is the results and where we are, especially after last season. That's what I don't like, and what I'm commenting on. In case you missed it, look at this part of my last post "The season isn't over" I haven't declared the end of the world or the end of the season, they could still improve things from where they are, but as someone who is in the broad category to whom you addressed this topic - "For everyone that thinks we had an off year." I say we have, had the off year (to this point) and I don't like it. If that's anyone's idea of the end of the world, then life is going to be brutally harsh. As you said, you don't have to like or respond to me either.

I just replied to say that I'm not buying that, I look at results not footnotes and excuses - they diminish real accomplishment and do nothing to enhance less than desirable results.

It's sad, but I think I'm with ya Sport. I ain't settlin'....

I think there is a bit of miscomunication going on here. No one is happy or satisfied about our record. But the OP has made the point that we have reason for optimism. The record is all that counts in the standings. But it is not the only factor in judging the quality of a team.

If that were so, then teams with bad records would never beat teams with good records. The Pats would've won the Superbowl after their prefect reg season. These games aren't played in a vacuum, a lot of factors besides the quality of the teams affect the final score.

I agree that we have had an off year. And it is better to be 6-7 in the midst of an off year than it is to be 6-7 and over achieving. One implies that we have the ability to be better but have had misfortune. The other implies that we have been fortunate and otherwise would be worse.

This is a typical falcon season after a winning season.

I think there is a bit of miscomunication going on here. No one is happy or satisfied about our record. But the OP has made the point that we have reason for optimism. The record is all that counts in the standings. But it is not the only factor in judging the quality of a team.

If that were so, then teams with bad records would never beat teams with good records. The Pats would've won the Superbowl after their prefect reg season. These games aren't played in a vacuum, a lot of factors besides the quality of the teams affect the final score.

I agree that we have had an off year. And it is better to be 6-7 in the midst of an off year than it is to be 6-7 and over achieving. One implies that we have the ability to be better but have had misfortune. The other implies that we have been fortunate and otherwise would be worse.

Thanks,

To everyone else. If we can play this well without so called elite players, we are doing pretty. I keep reading the comment about good teams overcome injuries. This may be true, but look at the player on those teams. The guy starting may not be the best option, but is still a good player. When he gets injured, the original starter plays. We lack depth, and this has been the main factor. I agree that our coordinators have not done a good job, as well as our secondary. However, they have done better than our 6-7 record indicates. How many games have been lost on someone in the secondary getting burned?

This means we have ZERO depth. Absolutly nothing to be glad about.