The Greatness Part 3 (Another Jaymadd Mock)

Jaymadd

I am creating this mock for the purpose of the CBA not being in place, which is going to make getting high quality FA extremely hard.

Free Agent Signings:

Benjamin Watson - TE

- I like Watson, and I think that next year might be Tony's last. We know that Mularkey likes to run Two TE sets and how awesome would it be to have Watson and Gonzalez in those formations. I can see this happening with a no-cap situation. New England has alot of FA to take care of this offseason. My cousin if friends with Watson wife(she went to UGA too) and he misses home a little bit so it could happen. I really want this to happen 4 real.

Key Team Resignings:

Tyson Clabo - WE resign Clabo to play guard while my draft pick learns the ropes. I think he will make a better Guard than Tackle because he has good size and strength

Jerious Norwood - I think he just had a bad year in regards to injuries. I think that he can bounce back and be a good contributer to our offense as a change of pace RB, but i dont think he should be the primary backup.

Matt Bryant - If he can finish out the year kicking pretty good then we should go ahead and resign the kid

Brent Grimes - I think we can find a spot in the secondary for Grimes, especially if we have to wait for our Draft pick to learn the system, I think he could take over the the RCB spot for a little while and we can move Chris Houston to backup FS behind Decoud

2010 NFL Draft

1st Round - We trade out of the 1st round because i think that Haden and Morgan will be gone when we pick and I dont want to reach for a pick out of desperation. There are two teams with multiple 2nd round picks and the trade out of the 1st is a very viable option.

2nd Round - Jason Fox Miami 6'6 314 5.16

I think that this Kid is very talented. He will be able to handle those speed rushers very well on the outside. He is a good Run Blocker, but he could get better, but still would be better than Clabo. I like Fox's upside and he could be a LT or RT at the NFL level. I think we need to solidify the Oline especially if our 1st round choices are gone. JBo was very high on him and i give him credit for hyping me up about Fox. We would have those bookend Tackles for Matty Ice. I am going to be realistic here with this pick. When I ask myself which part of our team would most benefit from one quality pick and it is the offense. A upgrade to our oline can help our Offense much more than a DE or CB can for our defense IMO based on what i have seen. This pick along could take our Offense from good to elite and keep it that way.

3rd Round(From Trade) - Chad Jones LSU 6'3 230 4.55

I heard that we were scouting Chad Jones and we have had scouts at the LSU games multiple times. I like Chad Jones as a OLB. He has great size 6'3 230 and he runs 4.5 speed. He is a big hitter and has good coverage skills. I really wouldnt even mind getting him in the 2nd round, but the only thing is the fact that he might not be ready to start immediately since he will be learning a new position, so if he is there in the 3rd we should snag him. I really think he might declare for the Draft.

3rd Round - Austin Lane Murray State DE 6'6 270 4.6

I am going to trust our Scouting Department and JBO. I have not seen what he can do but if he can play the Run and pass as well as JBo thinks he can then he would be a good option at LDE. We need to add additional talent at DE because we need to get pressure on the QB more consistently. JA98 is a lost cause at LDE. WE do need an Everydown DE. If Brandon Graham or Jason Pierre-Paul are still available i would prefer one of those two especially Graham because he is a solid LDE but doesnt have as much potential as Lane or Paul

3rd Round(Comp) - Devin McCourty Rutgers CB 5'11 190 4.47

I have to have my boi in the draft. I think this pick is going to be the steal of the draft 4 real. I love his style of play. I really think that he could come in and start after he learns the system. He is a very physical CB that is great at reading coverages. I think of him as a bigger Chris Owens. He can play special teams if necessary. He has good speed and good recovery speed, I have seen him track down many RB and Return Men from behind this year at Rutgers. He can be a very good RCB for us in the NFL, I think he will be better than his Brother Jason.

4th Round - Amari Spivey CB Iowa 6'0 190 4.5(best guess)

I like what Spivey brings to the table. I choose two CB because we need a RCB as well as a NB. I think that Spivey can play the NB position very well. He is also a physical CB and can come in and start at NB immediatley and probably play it better than Williams once he gets a good grasp of the system. I would really like the depth at the CB position if we can draft Spivey and McCourty

4th Round(Comp)- John Jerry G Ole Miss 6'5 350

He was just selected to some type of All-American team. He looked good in the Ole Miss games I saw. He has played some RT so he may be able to play in a pinch. YOu always look for Olineman that can be versitle if need be. I do think that Clabo can start and Jerry can back up his first year then compete with Clabo the following year to start. I do know that he is a very dominant run blocker, but to gain All-American honors you cant be a slouch.

5th Round - Taylor Price WR Ohio State 6'1 212 4.36

I have watched a few of the Ohio State games just to get a look at Taylor Price. I like what i saw and i think he could eventually become a good #2 WR because he has good size and even better speed. I see him as the #4 WR, especially after Weems Legal Woes and Finneran injury. We need depth at WR and some competition for Jenkins. I am glad that Douglas is coming back and he will be used as a #2 and a slot WR, like Welker is used in New England. Price will give us the additional speed that we need at WR which we are lacking as of now.

6th Round - Joique Bell RB Wayne State 5'11 220 4.52

I heard that the Falcons are scouting him. I read a small article about small school prospects and they talked breifly about him. He is doing everything at Wayne state, catching passes, KR/PR. He has good size and good speed and may develop into a nice RB. I think he would be the shifty, yet big back that we need. I like Snelling but he is too much like Turner, I just think we need a little more variety. I dont mind carrying 4 RB on the active roster, especially after this year.

6th Round (comp)- Jeff Owens DT UGA 6'1 306

I think that Jeff Owens had a down year at UGA, but the entire defense had a terrible year. I think that he has the right combination of quickness and strength that we need in our 2 gap system. I think that Trey Lewis is on his way out and I am not sold on JA98 playing DT unless he can gain some weight because OLine are starting to push him around a little more when he is playing DT. It doesnt hurt to build some good depth up the middle.

Ok folks this is my not get what we want out of Free Agency Mock. I still think we might have something in Adkins at OLB but I do like Chad Jones a little more. I do think we need to put Peterson at SLB and move nicholas to WLB regardless. Let me know what yall think.

I love the strategy, simply because it is depends on who falls and more so,

who does not. :unsure:

Your remarks on Clabo are On Point, and I keep saying to myself when will

the madness end..(my sole basis on Oher last year)

But lemme asks ya this.

Lets say that we wind up trading down, have you worked up a mock based on this and

if so,,,,,,Inquiring minds wanna know.

TIA

I love the strategy, simply because it is depends on who falls and more so,

who does not. :unsure:

Your remarks on Clabo are On Point, and I keep saying to myself when will

the madness end..(my sole basis on Oher last year)

But lemme asks ya this.

Lets say that we wind up trading down, have you worked up a mock based on this and

if so,,,,,,Inquiring minds wanna know.

TIA

Yeah this mock is based on us trading out of the 1st Round and picking up a 2nd and a 3rd, Kansas City would be a good trading partner because they have two 2nd round picks and could use more talent on offense and defense. I also think it is a chance that we trade back into the second whether we keep our 1st or trade back, so basically we will either have a 1st and a 2nd or two 2nd round pick IMO. I am not good with the trade value stuff so that is why i dont include teams we trade with.

Jaymadd, like the draft; realitic not overly optimistic and covers our needs.

Fox probable starts right out the gate and plenty of those picks will compete and recieve plenty of playing time. I like the idea of 2 cbs especially if we don't sign 1 in FA. We need the competition at that spot and could upgrade by 2 easy. I like two O-lineman as well; again for depth and competition even though I like Eric Cook from New Mexico a little better for his versatility. He is listed as C but has started in all 5 lineman positiions during his career. I really like the Taylor Price pick in 5th Rd. More than likely we will be replacing 2 recievers (Finn and Booker), depending on how Bergeron does, we may need another reciever.

As far as key resigning; they are not listed in your resigning but I hope we resign P- Koenen and Qb- Redman.

just my thoughts.

gb

Jaymadd, like the draft; realitic not overly optimistic and covers our needs.

Fox probable starts right out the gate and plenty of those picks will compete and recieve plenty of playing time. I like the idea of 2 cbs especially if we don't sign 1 in FA. We need the competition at that spot and could upgrade by 2 easy. I like two O-lineman as well; again for depth and competition even though I like Eric Cook from New Mexico a little better for his versatility. He is listed as C but has started in all 5 lineman positiions during his career. I really like the Taylor Price pick in 5th Rd. More than likely we will be replacing 2 recievers (Finn and Booker), depending on how Bergeron does, we may need another reciever.

As far as key resigning; they are not listed in your resigning but I hope we resign P- Koenen and Qb- Redman.

just my thoughts.

gb

I didnt list them because 1) i forgot and 2) it should not be any controvesty surrouding those two about whether we should keep them or not, I think it is a given that both will stay.

I thought about Cook, but i think that McClure can survive one more year and we still have Romberg backing up at Center. McClure is still savy at Center and I am not worried about him as long as we can improve our Guard play.

- I do agree that we will be replacing two WR and i think it will be Finn and Booker, but Douglas will be replacing one of them and Price will be replacing the other one. I think that Weems could get cut next year after his legal woes, he is not as valuable as Babs, and the Falcons still want to maintain that clean image.

Thanks for the Feedback.

We need to bring in Fernando Velasco from the Titans practice squad. He is versatile, big, quick and strong... and was a big leader on the o-line at Georgia that paved the way for Moreno knocking out back to back 1000+ yard seasons. He plays Guard and Center.

If we could add Brandon Graham (who I think will become a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick) or Austen Lane in this scenario, then an OT pick could work. I like Anthony Davis more than Fox, though. But in the 2nd round I would look at Sean Weatherspoon if he's still there.

I would also take Crezdon Butler in the 3rd round instead of risk on converting a good safety to OLB when we could have picked up Spoon in the 2nd.

I don't really have a problem with any of the other players, but obviously if we took Butler in the 3rd we'd probably only look at one of the two CBs you listed.

We need to bring in Fernando Velasco from the Titans practice squad. He is versatile, big, quick and strong... and was a big leader on the o-line at Georgia that paved the way for Moreno knocking out back to back 1000+ yard seasons. He plays Guard and Center.

If we could add Brandon Graham (who I think will become a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick) or Austen Lane in this scenario, then an OT pick could work. I like Anthony Davis more than Fox, though. But in the 2nd round I would look at Sean Weatherspoon if he's still there.

I would also take Crezdon Butler in the 3rd round instead of risk on converting a good safety to OLB when we could have picked up Spoon in the 2nd.

I don't really have a problem with any of the other players, but obviously if we took Butler in the 3rd we'd probably only look at one of the two CBs you listed.

Trust me Butler will be there if you wanted to swap him out with McCourty, but McCourty is much more ready to contribute than Butler. Chad Jones is going to be a player, trust me, the dude would make a great WLB, he already has the size at 6'3 230 and he was actually playing FS at LSU so you know he can cover. I keep seeing a few mocks that have Graham slipping for some reason, so i guess I was just holding out thinking he might really slip because of his size.

Thoughts on bringing in Velasco? He was activated for one game only, but the Titans have a really strong stable of o-linemen so Velasco gets the pleasure of being on the practice squad. I think he could contribute here.

I dont mind signing him off the practice squad and bringing him in during the offseason and he could save us a draft pick, but i think the Titans may not be willing to let him go so easily but the ties here in GA could really help us. I didnt watch that much of him last year, I really didnt watch for players in college in 08, i really starting watching more college games and actually trying to scout certain players until this year.

I said it a few times, but I just do not think TD will trade our 1st round pick for only a 2nd and 3rd.

We just would be selling ourselves short imo.

2nd. Fox is a good pick who should contribute immediately. I might prefer Ducasse, but Fox is definitely a guy I would be happy with getting.

3rd. I don't like the idea of changing Jones to a WLB. He has the tools, but it is very hard to judge how a player will react to a position change. It is a much different mentality that a player has to play with at LB as opposed to Safety.

3rd. Lane is a solid pick, but I don't think he is a 3rd rounder. He won't put up better numbers at the combine than Sidbury and he went in the 4th. I think Lane will go in about the same area.

3rd. I like McCourty and I think he can contribute early on, but I don't think he has a extremely high ceiling. He definitely has the potential to solidify a spot in our secondary, but I don't think he has that "shut down" skill set.

4th. You always talk about me getting two CBs. lol Spivey is probably not a guy who I would want. He just seems like a "good college guy, but below average pro guy". He definitely doesn't have much potential imo.

4th. I really like Jerry. good pick.

5th. solid pick. Loads of potential at the next level. Looks like a guy who could possibly have "Johnny Knox" type of impact.

6th. Solid pick.

6th. I don't know where he would fit in. It would be tough for him to make the team.

I said it a few times, but I just do not think TD will trade our 1st round pick for only a 2nd and 3rd.

We just would be selling ourselves short imo.

2nd. Fox is a good pick who should contribute immediately. I might prefer Ducasse, but Fox is definitely a guy I would be happy with getting.

3rd. I don't like the idea of changing Jones to a WLB. He has the tools, but it is very hard to judge how a player will react to a position change. It is a much different mentality that a player has to play with at LB as opposed to Safety.

3rd. Lane is a solid pick, but I don't think he is a 3rd rounder. He won't put up better numbers at the combine than Sidbury and he went in the 4th. I think Lane will go in about the same area.

3rd. I like McCourty and I think he can contribute early on, but I don't think he has a extremely high ceiling. He definitely has the potential to solidify a spot in our secondary, but I don't think he has that "shut down" skill set.

4th. You always talk about me getting two CBs. lol Spivey is probably not a guy who I would want. He just seems like a "good college guy, but below average pro guy". He definitely doesn't have much potential imo.

4th. I really like Jerry. good pick.

5th. solid pick. Loads of potential at the next level. Looks like a guy who could possibly have "Johnny Knox" type of impact.

6th. Solid pick.

6th. I don't know where he would fit in. It would be tough for him to make the team.

The thing about Chad Jones is that he does play in the box some at LSU and he is s tenacious hitter, I think he can transition very well and could end up being a better OLB than Weatherspoon. Jones will lay the wood to anyone and plays very aggressive, just think about that play he had at the Goaline where he stuffed, I forget who it was but it was a TD saving play that saved the game, the type of play that a LB would have made.

Hakim have you seen Spivey in a game LOL.

I think that Lane is moving up fast, he might not go in the 3rd but he may.

The thing about Chad Jones is that he does play in the box some at LSU and he is s tenacious hitter, I think he can transition very well and could end up being a better OLB than Weatherspoon. Jones will lay the wood to anyone and plays very aggressive, just think about that play he had at the Goaline where he stuffed, I forget who it was but it was a TD saving play that saved the game, the type of play that a LB would have made.

Hakim have you seen Spivey in a game LOL.

I think that Lane is moving up fast, he might not go in the 3rd but he may.

OLB is a much different position than S. A Safety usually doesn't have to take on OTs G's, and FB's blocks. They usually just can roam free and make plays.

Even when a safety is in the box, he usually is the guy who is not accounted for.

Jones may become a good player, but I wouldn't take that risk in the 3rd round.

Yes I have watched Spivey play and to me, he kind of looks like the second coming of Chevis Jackson...... good player in college, but doesn't have much upside in the NFL unless in the right system. I don't think our system fits him.

The same thing happened to Sidbury last year. A lot of people thought he was going to be a 2nd rounder. When push comes to shove, many teams are very afraid to take a risk on a small school DE.... especially when most DEs struggle early on.

2nd Round - Jason Fox Miami

3rd Round(From Trade) - Chad Jones LSU

3rd Round Syd Quan Thompson CB Cal

3rd Round Austin Lane DE

4th Round Crezdon Butler CB Clemson- falls to depth of CBs

4th round (Comp) John Jerry

5th round Taylor Price/Riley Cooper WR

6th Round Jaquizz Rodgers RB/WR

7th round- Jeff Owens

Jacquizz Rodgers is a sophomore and will be one of the top RB prospects when he comes out. Rodgers is one of the most consistent and productive backs in the country.

Did i read correctly?

Move Chris Houston to backup FS? And let Grimes start?

If Grimes is better than Houston then why have we not been rotating Houston out of the lineup? Grimes is the one who has been playing musical chairs with other CB's.

Grimes has at least improved and Houston is degressing. I saw a differnce in our secondary without Houston in the lineup and the same pass rush, In Science when you remove a variable out of the equation and the situation improves that means that the removed variable has more impact on the outcome than we may think, Just Sayin. I do think that HOuston can serve as quality backup at FS.

Grimes has at least improved and Houston is degressing. I saw a differnce in our secondary without Houston in the lineup and the same pass rush, In Science when you remove a variable out of the equation and the situation improves that means that the removed variable has more impact on the outcome than we may think, Just Sayin. I do think that HOuston can serve as quality backup at FS.

This aint science haha.

Well yeah in your opinion Grimes has been progressing, but one game does not change the fact that Houston is the better overall corner. I mean if he was not the better of the 2 then Coach Smith would have been rotating the RCB position out, instead of it being Grimes every time. As spectators we can only know so much about the players. And the fact that Smith never rotated him and always rotated Grimes makes me think that Grimes was the lesser of the 2. And me just watching him play makes me believe he is the lesser of the 2.

Grimes tries hard i will give him that. And he no doubt has the ability to make big plays (Brees Int), but also has the ability to give up huge plays as well. I would be fine as keeping him around, but i very strongly disagree with him starting at RCB or LCB and do not think Houston will be moved to backup FS.

so you ask what is takes? What i takes is being good enought to go up againest the best of the best pass rushers around. You think im wrong thats fine! I live in in miami, i have been a um fan for 20 years and i have watched this guy for years. He is the best Olinemen on that line yes but the line is vey average! So it kinda looks like he stands out. The fact of the matter is, is that fox is not talented enough to be a LT in the nfl. How can you be a LT in the nfl when you get beat at LT in college? NOt all the time but he is good not great! You need to be great to be LT in the nfl! Sorry for bursting your bubble, hes not a bad player and wouldnt mind having him on the team bt if you think he is your future LT for this team your wrong!

so you ask what is takes? What i takes is being good enought to go up againest the best of the best pass rushers around. You think im wrong thats fine! I live in in miami, i have been a um fan for 20 years and i have watched this guy for years. He is the best Olinemen on that line yes but the line is vey average! So it kinda looks like he stands out. The fact of the matter is, is that fox is not talented enough to be a LT in the nfl. How can you be a LT in the nfl when you get beat at LT in college? NOt all the time but he is good not great! You need to be great to be LT in the nfl! Sorry for bursting your bubble, hes not a bad player and wouldnt mind having him on the team bt if you think he is your future LT for this team your wrong!

My bubble is still in tact trust me LOL. I have watched alot of Miami games this year and Fox has some very quick feet which enables him to keep up with those speed rushers, which is what a LT will be facing every game. I think he can improve, but having quick feet is a major plus at LT. Fox has good size and he is a pretty good run blocker. Why do you think that Fox has shoot up the draft boards this year, it is because Scouts are noticing those special things that translate to being OT. Another plus with Fox is the fact that Miami runs a pro style offense so he may be able to adapt quicker than a player that plays in a spread or option offense. I put Fox in my Mock because i think he would be a great fit at RT, and could play LT in a pinch. I am perfectly fine with Baker at LT, I actually think Baker is a very good LT as long as he can stay healthy.

i think baker is fine at LT when healthy as well, and yes maybe fox could be a RT in the nfl. Hes not that great at the running game. I live in miami and hear everything that is said about the guy along with watching all the games. I just think that RT is not our primary need with our first pick in your senario!

i think baker is fine at LT when healthy as well, and yes maybe fox could be a RT in the nfl. Hes not that great at the running game. I live in miami and hear everything that is said about the guy along with watching all the games. I just think that RT is not our primary need with our first pick in your senario!

Well it is a 2nd round pick. I dont think most understand the importance of getting our Offense back on track. We are supposed to have a dominant offense, we have so many weapons on offense that we cant even use because our Quarterbacks arent getting enough time in the pocket and because our Running backs are not getting the same lanes that they had last year. Our offensive weakness this year is our Oline. We need our Offense our we are going to miss the playoffs again next year. I am sorry but i dont think that our defense is going to be top 10 regardless of who we sign in FA or draft, especially if BVG is still the Defensive Coordinator. The Colts have been able to sustain long term success because they have an elite offense and a QB that gets time in the pocket to make those wonderful throws he makes, but they dont have an elite defense, when the won the superbowl they had and average defense that got stops when they needed to. I just think that adding a Tackle in this draft is going to be more valuable to our team that adding a CB in this draft, but my decision to trade out and draft Fox is based on the premise that Morgan and Haden are not available in the 1st round.