Lito sheppard might be available

falconfan82

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=1421

Jets not expected to exercise CB Sheppard's $10 million option

12/6/2009 11:29:50 AM

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports via Twitter the Jets are not expected to exercise CB Lito Sheppard's $10 million roster bonus this offseason. For those expecting the Eagles to get a second pick back in the Lito Sheppard deal, doesn't look like it will happen, source said.

As someone who lives in New York and gets to watch Lito every Sunday, I'll end this right here -- no thank you.

The Jets acquired Lito for the very reason you made this thread -- they thought he could shore up a CB spot and lock down the other side of field across from Revis. That plan seemed fine until it exploded in their faces as Lito was exposed as a liability in coverage game in and game out. His poor play is a bigger reason for his eventual release than his increase in salary -- had he stepped up and played like a different CB Eagles' CB (Asante) then the Jets would definitely keep him around. He is no where near worth $10 mil and the Jets will cut him as soon as they can to save as much $$ as possible.

The last thing we need to do is spend money on a player who will not end up filling a need -- kind of like the Panthers giving Delhomme a huge contract only for him to play horribly for an entire season and now the Panthers will be looking for a QB in the very near future.

Just say no

to Lito. (rule of thumb -- if it rhymes, it's the truth)

With the way FA is going to shape up I wouldn't be surprised if we made moves for Haden in the first round. I would rather get a guy like Travis Lewis at OLB and a CB later, but without a 2nd round pick it may not be possible to get a CB that would be a legitimate upgrade over what we have at CB now (Cox will not be available in the 3rd).

As someone who lives in New York and gets to watch Lito every Sunday, I'll end this right here -- no thank you.

The Jets acquired Lito for the very reason you made this thread -- they thought he could shore up a CB spot and lock down the other side of field across from Revis. That plan seemed fine until it exploded in their faces as Lito was exposed as a liability in coverage game in and game out. His poor play is a bigger reason for his eventual release than his increase in salary -- had he stepped up and played like a different CB Eagles' CB (Asante) then the Jets would definitely keep him around. He is no where near worth $10 mil and the Jets will cut him as soon as they can to save as much $$ as possible.

The last thing we need to do is spend money on a player who will not end up filling a need -- kind of like the Panthers giving Delhomme a huge contract only for him to play horribly for an entire season and now the Panthers will be looking for a QB in the very near future.

Just say no

to Lito. (rule of thumb -- if it rhymes, it's the truth)

With the way FA is going to shape up I wouldn't be surprised if we made moves for Haden in the first round. I would rather get a guy like Travis Lewis at OLB and a CB later, but without a 2nd round pick it may not be possible to get a CB that would be a legitimate upgrade over what we have at CB now (Cox will not be available in the 3rd).

Dirty Bird,

Thanks for the intel. I say "Ditto to Lito"...hey that rhymes as well so it must be true......

Thats alot of money but i Like Leto, I also like Joe Haden and Crezdon Butler both and i Think we could draft them both with a lot of potential but Haden could start now

uhhhh..no we need to draft a DE in rd1. and stop being cheap and sign TWO vets or we'll have the 30th ranked pass defense again next year.