You guys can give me a NEGATIVE..I dont care

SWIFT HITTER

We were in the thick of a playoff run and your a QB ..I understand you use your toe to plant ..I played football and I played baseball on turf ..I understand there is pain and the injury could effect his game but you suit up and you give it a shot take some vicodins. ..If you cant go and its effecting your game..be pulled and least you can show your face in front of your teammates.. Hines Ward called out his 2 Time Super Bowl Champion QB who has no offensive line and gets pounded week in and out for missing a game when he has had numerous concussions.

hope Ryan didnt lose the locker room here

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were in the thick of a playoff run and your a QB ..I understand you use your toe to plant ..I played football and I played baseball on turf ..I understand there is pain and the injury could effect his game but you suit up and you give it a shot take some vicodins. ..If you cant go and its effecting your game..be pulled and least you can show your face in front of your teammates.. Hines Ward called out his 2 Time Super Bowl Champion QB who has no offensive line and gets pounded week in and out for missing a game when he has had numerous concussions.

Swift, I'm not going to neg you for it (it's an opinion and a discussion point and that's what the board is for), but it really confuses me how many fans on here keep writing that Ryan should be out there. Are YOU in the locker room, or more to the point, the training room? None of us have any idea what the doctors are telling him, but I will say this: I would bet almost all I have that they said "No. Absolutely not." That's all there is to it. A player who played on a broken foot for several games junior year would not ditch out during a play-off run unless restrained by someone other than himself.

Give it up man really. There is no justification in your post. I think during the week and even if he were to suit up in pre game warm ups he would be able to know if he can go or not. You don't just march out there to prove a point and chancing hurting your football team and their chances of winning. It's ignorant. Just stop.

Why do you start the most posts with the most whining every week?

Because whining post are sure to get alot of attention and responses

Give it up man really. There is no justification in your post. I think during the week and even if he were to suit up in pre game warm ups he would be able to know if he can go or not. You don't just march out there to prove a point and chancing hurting your football team and their chances of winning. It's ignorant. Just stop.

Why do you start the most posts with the most whining every week?

keep standing up for mediocrity

Everyone I've heard discuss the injury has called turf toe one of the most painful and debilitating injuries in football. It ended careers early and severely impacted other careers, limiting production. Your criticism, though noted, is a bit off base IMO.

And furthermore, what Hines Ward said, didnt say, or denied saying has zero to do with our situation. Its not the same injury, its not the same approach, its really a completely different situation.

Why are you disappointed in Ryan? He was STRONGLY advised by doctors to not play. Aggravating that injury can seriously f*ck up your foot. If you are disappointed by his performance this season, remember that he is a 2nd year player. Most 2nd year quarterbacks are usually benched halfway through the season based on AWFUL performances. Ryan is going to be a rockstar, but it's unfair to demand super bowl appearances and division titles from a team this young and for a schedule this impossible.

Either way, what would you rather have? A team POSSIBLY make the playoffs where Ryan damages his toe and ends his career? Or have our future qb rest and heal, suck it up to the fact that we won't make the playoffs this year and be healthy and ready to go for the next several years?

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Everyone I've heard discuss the injury has called turf toe one of the most painful and debilitating injuries in football. It ended careers early and severely impacted other careers, limiting production. Your criticism, though noted, is a bit off base IMO.

And furthermore, what Hines Ward said, didnt say, or denied saying has zero to do with our situation. Its not the same injury, its not the same approach, its really a completely different situation.

agree 100%

I'm generally for the man up approach. However, a QB can't deliver the ball with force without the use of his plant foot. This isn't debilitating (performance wise) for someone with very good arm strength (who can deliver with force off of unsure footing) but Ryan needs to use good mechanics to get the ball there, and a turf toe injury makes that not possible.

I wish he could play, but ligament damage is hard to gauge. I've had a sprained ankle and come back the next week. I've also had a sprained ankle (severe ligament damage) that took months just to get back to walking normally and I still have big problems with. The severity is what controls these things...there's no way I could have come back from the second injury, even though sounds like the same thing as the first.

Wow, Swift has finally come undone and has posted a generally whiny post. I can't believe the turn around that has occurred, as Swift never complains about everything, all the time, starting new threads to do as such.

just the same i felt when Vick took his sweet time to get back in 03' i was disappointed with him

Wow, Swift has finally come undone and has posted a generally whiny post. I can't believe the turn around that has occurred, as Swift never complains about everything, all the time, starting new threads to do as such.

This is actually not that bad, if this is the same guy who had the name "Swiftkick" on the old board (or something similar to that) then this is the guy who got bashed EVERYDAY for "hating" on Vick.

I've seen him take worse beatings on this board.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

So you rather Ryan go on an injured toe and throw a group of interceptions because of the injured toe? Not to mention end his career at the same time.

He lost the lockeroom when he wet his pants against the Cowboys, this is just icing on the cake.

So you rather Ryan go on an injured toe and throw a group of interceptions because of the injured toe? Not to mention end his career at the same time.

nah i at first said sit him for rest of the year but i would have liked too see him in uniform giving it a try not on sidelines in jogging pants ..

it is what it is

nah i at first said sit him for rest of the year but i would have liked too see him in uniform giving it a try not on sidelines in jogging pants ..

it is what it is

This is a valid argument, but your original post basically stated that your disappointed that he isn't playing and that he should be popping pain killers and playing on an injured toe...

He lost the lockeroom when he wet his pants against the Cowboys, this is just icing on the cake.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So, let's see, I can listen to you, one of the top 5 moronic posters of the AFMB. Or, I can listen to the best tight end in NFL history, who said after Ryan's injury, "It's big. He's our leader. He's our ace." (Yep, sure sounds there like Ryan lost the locker room all the way back w/ the Boys, eh?) Gimme a d*** break. wacko.gif