Here is the latest on the UGA DC Search..

SacFalcFan

CMR said the following:

Contrary to internet reports, CMR has not made a formal offer to any potential defensive coordinators. He has not extended any offers. CMR also said he expects the fill the dc position by the end of the first week in January and it should not go past that.

Also the whole bud foster thing was early last week. He was called about interest, but Bud wasn't interested enough to get an offer.

Also Vic Koenning's first choice is UGA because his family still lives in the South. He wants to come to UGA, but is not willing to wait around for CMR to finish up the search which is understandable. His family is willing to move to Illinois.

If Vic wants to come to UGA, he needs to go ahead and make the offer. I have a feeling its going to be BVG or some other NFL coach. He waiting till the end of the NFL regular season.

Well it could be BVG, but by the same timeframe, it could be Kirby Smart as well.

I'm just happy he said something about it. I have no problem waiting for him to announce it in January.

Trying to save face on not getting Bud Foster to come to UGA.

Nope.. cmr has not offered anyone, but he has a target and has to wait til after the bowl games before anything can be announced which is fine since recruiting doesn't really get going til january. the post was about cmr's comments at the gala.

Then what was this bs about him having his guy?

carter he may very well have his guy, but it could be a guy in the nfl or in a bowl game and it's a lateral move so the coach will want to wait til after the nfl season or bowl game.. cmr is very patient. he doesn't need to sign someone today. in recruiting we are going into a dead period. i believe he knows who he wants, but they won't do anything til after the seasons are up..