Next Years Dream Defense

xfistfulofhatex

bored figured i would share what i'm looking for in the defense next year to make us a top defense

RE Sidbury (Sid Vicious)

DT Babs

DT Jerry

LE Bierman (also would like to see us draft a DE like Dunlapp or Morgan to play in this spot at times)

OLB Peterson

MLB Lofton

OLB Nicholas with Adkins getting more playing time

CB Chris Owens

CB Veteran FA who ever is the best available till whomever we draft this year is ready to play

FS Decoud (face it this dude is a beast and is the best player on our defense other then Lofton

SS William Moore (injury prone maybe but i have a strong filling this kid is going to be a playmaker)

Id like us to replace peterson. That D in my opinion would be worse than what we have now. Id like to see us take an OLB in the first round.

I don't have much of a problem with our LBs i think we are pretty much set at the moment with LBs other then Nicholas who could be upgraded. Maybe we could get a coverage linebacker to rotate in because its not a strong suit of peterson.

Id like us to replace peterson. That D in my opinion would be worse than what we have now. Id like to see us take an OLB in the first round.

I don't know about replacing Peterson, but draft someone to play the strongside LB position so we can move Nicholas back to his natural position weakside LB.

Linebackers:

Strongside LB: Draft pick

Middle LB: Lofton

Weakside LB: Nicholas

I don't know about replacing Peterson, but draft someone to play the strongside LB position so we can move Nicholas back to his natural position weakside LB.

Linebackers:

Strongside LB: Draft pick

Middle LB: Lofton

Weakside LB: Nicholas

Thhis makes sense but i would have a really hard time taking Peterson off the field. He is strong in the run and our Veteran leadership

Thhis makes sense but i would have a really hard time taking Peterson off the field. He is strong in the run and our Veteran leadership

I think it's gonna be a tough decision on what to do to with Peterson once this season is over. He is not staying long term for sure. He makes his plays vs. the run at this point in his career, but is a liability vs. the pass b/c he isn't as fast as he used to be. I don't know how much he makes next year for sure, but he did sign for 2 years/6.5 mil. Do we cut him and save that 3-4 million? Or do we let him play full time? Do we let him play on run downs? Tough decision......BTW, a couple people mentioned Nicholas at WLB and I think that is a good idea since Nicholas seems to better in the open field, and he is our fastest LB. Drafting Brandon Spikes would awesome since I think he can play SLB.

I think it's gonna be a tough decision on what to do to with Peterson once this season is over. He is not staying long term for sure. He makes his plays vs. the run at this point in his career, but is a liability vs. the pass b/c he isn't as fast as he used to be. I don't know how much he makes next year for sure, but he did sign for 2 years/6.5 mil. Do we cut him and save that 3-4 million? Or do we let him play full time? Do we let him play on run downs? Tough decision......BTW, a couple people mentioned Nicholas at WLB and I think that is a good idea since Nicholas seems to better in the open field, and he is our fastest LB. Drafting Brandon Spikes would awesome since I think he can play SLB.

what about just flipping Nicholas and Peterson.

what about just flipping Nicholas and Peterson.

Well, I was corrected yesterday on the SLB duties. The SLB generally does this....
Since the strong side of the offensive team is the side on which the tight end lines up, or whichever side contains the most personnel, the strongside linebacker usually lines up across from the tight end. Often the strongside linebacker will be called upon to tackle the running back on a play, because the back will be following the tight end's block. He is most often the strongest linebacker, at the least he possess the ability to withstand, shed, and fight off blocks from a TE or a FB blocking the backside of a pass play. The linebacker should also have strong safety abilities in pass situation to cover the tight end in man on man situations. He should also have considerable quickness to read and get into coverage in zone situations. also called Nickel linebacker.
I don't think Pete can cover TEs effectively like he once did.

Well, I was corrected yesterday on the SLB duties. The SLB generally does this....

I don't think Pete can cover TEs effectively like he once did.

At this point I don't know that anyone on our defense can cover the great TEs around the league. William Moore might potentially be the only one, but we haven't seen him play a down yet.

Are there any good FA LDE's out there this offseason? Maybe we can sign one instead of drafting one and we can spend the first on a CB or OLB and our 3rd on whatever we didnt draft in the first. From what I saw, the FA CB market isnt that great so if the DE one is better, this might be a more viable option

thoughts?

Are there any good FA LDE's out there this offseason? Maybe we can sign one instead of drafting one and we can spend the first on a CB or OLB and our 3rd on whatever we didnt draft in the first. From what I saw, the FA CB market isnt that great so if the DE one is better, this might be a more viable option

thoughts?

Ray Edwards might be one. No one talks about him..

Mine would be: (trying to be realistic somehwat)

RE: John Abraham (2008 form)

DT: Peria Jerry

DT: Jonathan Babineaux

LE: Lawrence Sidbury or Kroy Beirmann

WLB: Thomas Howard (UFA, OAK)

MLB: Curtis Lofton

SLB: Stephen Nicholas (a very good blitzing LB)

CB: Carlos Rogers (UFA, WAS)

CB: Joe Haden (first round pick)

NB: Chris Owens

FS: Thomas DeCoud

SS: William Moore (if he can live to hype and beat out Coleman)

bored figured i would share what i'm looking for in the defense next year to make us a top defense

RE Sidbury (Sid Vicious)

DT Babs

DT Jerry

LE Bierman (also would like to see us draft a DE like Dunlapp or Morgan to play in this spot at times)

OLB Peterson

MLB Lofton

CB Chris Owens

CB Veteran FA who ever is the best available till whomever we draft this year is ready to play

FS Decoud (face it this dude is a beast and is the best player on our defense other then Lofton

SS William Moore (injury prone maybe but i have a strong filling this kid is going to be a playmaker)

RDE/ABE

DT BABS

NT JERRY

LDE SEYMOUR

OLB Petersen

MLB LOFTON

WLB Nicolas

LCB OWENS

RCB HADEN

FS DECOUD

SS MOORE

I'd love to see that line up up front I like the fact Seymour with his versitility can play inside on passing downs and DE on the running downs.I believe with that front 4 Abe won't see any double teams and will roam free in thopponents backfield.Also we can give teams multiple looks with our pass rush by bringing in Biermann and Sidbury.

Our LB's will benefit aswell I think this season they are the strength of our defense.

Yes it is a young secondary but with Haden I think we have a ball hawk and a real playmaker Decoud and Owens are Solid but the key for me is Moore he is the ??????? for me.

RE Sidbury (Sid Vicious)

DT Babs

DT Jerry

OLB Peterson

MLB Lofton

CB Chris Owens

my man, you need to set your bar higher...

you can dream better than that? :)

Seymour would be a DT in this defense, just like he is in OAK.

Maybe so but with the fact he can play all 4 d-line positions we can move him around give our opponents multiple looks and create match-up problems.I like Richard Seymour alot for that fact.

I am not sold on keeping Babs in the middle. I would have Babs play behind Jerry if anything. Babs has had a decent year with 5 sacks and 2 FF, but his presence in the middle still doesn't draw enough attention for the ends to make an impact. Abraham loved Grady so much is because Grady demanded double teams even triple teams at times. You put that smaller DT in the middle and each o line man is going to man up and take each guy one on one leaving someone able to chip at Abraham. Why do you think Demarcus Ware is as great of a player as he is? He has Jay Ratliff pretty much destroying the middle of the line, giving Demarcus freedom to do what ever he wants.

F it, just get Vince Wilfork. Abraham, Wilfork, Jerry and Sidbury to start. That's an ol fashion *** kicking d line right there.

Line backers - Lofton stays and I think we could use two new line backers. Adkins may be a guy who steps up or someone in the mold of a Coy Wire. Someone who can blast out of their stance and run down anyone. Remember how good Coy Wire played in front of Boley last year. We may go smaller at the linebacker spot, but if we can get guys up front who can hold those lineman, the linebackers can fly at crazy all out speed.

Corners - I like Owens, we will probably need to get 2 FA corners and 1 Rookie Corner. I am done with Houston. 2 solid vet corners and a rook from rounds 1 - 3 would work.

Safeties - I think we can get by with what we have so far. Decoud can play SS, Coleman to FS. William Moore may take over the SS spot over Decoud, or if Coleman doesn't stay, it will be Decoud and Moore at the safety positions. Thats a pretty deadly combo.

Main point is, get stronger and bigger up front. We need to get two or three meat pluggers that will demand the center of the o line's attention. I don't mind the idea of getting speed all over the field as long as we have two big killers at the UT and NT positions to demand double teams.

Getting Seymore is not a good move

he is to old and goes against the general philosophy of our team which is use veterans as place holders for young talent.

Abraham is a place holder

Peterson is a place holder

Abraham probably won't be here next year and Peterson probably won't be here the year after. Time to let the young talent start making plays at DE

I am not sold on keeping Babs in the middle. I would have Babs play behind Jerry if anything. Babs has had a decent year with 5 sacks and 2 FF, but his presence in the middle still doesn't draw enough attention for the ends to make an impact. Abraham loved Grady so much is because Grady demanded double teams even triple teams at times. You put that smaller DT in the middle and each o line man is going to man up and take each guy one on one leaving someone able to chip at Abraham. Why do you think Demarcus Ware is as great of a player as he is? He has Jay Ratliff pretty much destroying the middle of the line, giving Demarcus freedom to do what ever he wants.

F it, just get Vince Wilfork. Abraham, Wilfork, Jerry and Sidbury to start. That's an ol fashion *** kicking d line right there.

Line backers - Lofton stays and I think we could use two new line backers. Adkins may be a guy who steps up or someone in the mold of a Coy Wire. Someone who can blast out of their stance and run down anyone. Remember how good Coy Wire played in front of Boley last year. We may go smaller at the linebacker spot, but if we can get guys up front who can hold those lineman, the linebackers can fly at crazy all out speed.

Corners - I like Owens, we will probably need to get 2 FA corners and 1 Rookie Corner. I am done with Houston. 2 solid vet corners and a rook from rounds 1 - 3 would work.

Safeties - I think we can get by with what we have so far. Decoud can play SS, Coleman to FS. William Moore may take over the SS spot over Decoud, or if Coleman doesn't stay, it will be Decoud and Moore at the safety positions. Thats a pretty deadly combo.

Main point is, get stronger and bigger up front. We need to get two or three meat pluggers that will demand the center of the o line's attention. I don't mind the idea of getting speed all over the field as long as we have two big killers at the UT and NT positions to demand double teams.

Why would Moore take over the SS spot for Decoud i think Decoud is the only player in the Secondary to earn his spot.

Also wouldn't be opposed to shopping Babs but you are really underestimating him. He is easily a top 5 DT in the NFC

very good point on Grady...makes a lot of sense