Top 3 schools without a Heisman winner: #1 Vols #2 WVU #3 GT

SacFalcFan

• 2 weeks later...

Peyton Manning should have won one.

It made me want to throw up when he didn't. Notice how Champ Bailey had better overall numbers and also played WR at times, like Charles Woodson, but wasn't even mentioned for the Heisman the year after Woodson won it. Personally, I don't think that the voters wanted for SEC Quarterbacks to win it in back to back seasons. The media also called Manning a sore loser, even though he was the first one to congratulate Woodson. It's been 12 years and I still get irritated about that. That award is overrated anyways. For what it's worth, Woodson has had a good career in the NFL, but nowhere near as great as Peyton Manning has.

It made me want to throw up when he didn't. Notice how Champ Bailey had better overall numbers and also played WR at times, like Charles Woodson, but wasn't even mentioned for the Heisman the year after Woodson won it. Personally, I don't think that the voters wanted for SEC Quarterbacks to win it in back to back seasons. The media also called Manning a sore loser, even though he was the first one to congratulate Woodson. It's been 12 years and I still get irritated about that. That award is overrated anyways. For what it's worth, Woodson has had a good career in the NFL, but nowhere near as great as Peyton Manning has.

Woodson has had a great NFL career. His numbers are Hall of Fame worthy. And didn't Michigan win the title that year? I believed they shared with NEB.

The 97 team wasn't all that now. They might have beat Michigan. But they wasn't an all time great team.

Tennessee lost to them 42-17 in the Orange Bowl. They might have not been as good as the 95 team that steamrolled Florida, but the 97 Nebraska team was awesome. Much better than Michigan, in my opinion. The Second half of the UT/Nebraska Orange Bowl game was terrible. UT couldn't stop Ahman Green or Scott Frost and could barely move the ball on Offense.

I agree about Woodson's NFL Career. Despite one major injury, he's been had a pretty long career, especially for a DB. I think he should make the Hall of Fame. I never had anything against him personally, but I still to this day think that it's garbage that he won the Heisman over Peyton Manning.