Clear evidence of correct call on Grimes

Youngin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimes didn't turn his had until after he had already bumped Meachem off his route. I'm not even going to argue anymore. You guys obviously need an excuse for losing.

You're the one who is still trying to prove you're right when EVERYONE has said this was a BS call. It's obviously bothering you Aint fans.... No worries, 1 and done in the playoffs.

are you blind? His head was obviously not turned. Did you see the extension of his arm and his pushing Meachem? You guys are a bunch of sore losers.

It's always amusing when some fan of an opposing team either comes back to gloat or legitimize disputable calls for the sanctity of their team. There was contact between both players but, Grimes clearly turned his head, located the ball, and made a play on it. It was ruled in your teams favor so have some milk and cookies and be on your way.

Of course youre not going to argue....you have been proven WRONG by the official rules and now you have to run and hide. Its OK, youre not the first troll to be chased off this board.

As far as an excuse. I have not read all the other threads about this subject but personally, Im not making any excuses and what is even more ridiculous is that your team won! The Saints won and you have to make time to come and argue a single play?

You won. Be gracious and enjoy your win.

i just refuted your claim by stating the FACT that Grimes didn't turn his head until bumping Meachem four yards off his route.

I was at the dome for the game and i just had the chance to watch the whole game on NFL replay. I have to say that the dropped pass by Jenkins and the interception plus the failure of Redman to see the wide open Gonzo on our last possesion is why we lost the game. That being said though the Saints were really lucky with the officiating in this game. I watched this game the first time from the stands and it is easy to get caught up in the emotion of the crowd but the replay i watched already knowing the outcome. The pi on Grimes aside (which was total bs) we were railroaded by the officials. I did not come to this conclusion on my own. I just let the guys on Fox point out the bad calls and the missed calls. Even according to them and the way they saw the game, it was called in the Aints favor. If anyone is too blinded by the hatred of the Falcons (or the glory of an unimpressive winning team) they would have saw it the same way. The Falcon players should know by now that it is up to them to win and there is no possible way to get the win by favorable officiating. I say go find some friends (that is if you have any) that are not Aints biased and let them watch the game with you. I think you will find out that you are not as correct as you try to make us believe you are.

Edited by jhow34

so is it now legal to bump the receiver past five yards? If you guys don't think that was pass interference I don't know what is.

So when Vilma knocked Roddy on his arse last game as he was coming towards the ball, that was incidental? Vilma's back was to the QB. And that pass was intercepted for a TD and the game was won by like 8 points. Guess it isn't as clear for you when it is against the Saints.

NFL RULES:

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

(B) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

Enough said.

I don't understand this. The Falcons have had more 1 and dones than the Saints :blink:

That's because we've been to the playoffs more and know how to act like we've been there before. And we have been to one SB and were recently in an NFC championship game.

Who dat? That was us.

i just refuted your claim by stating the FACT that Grimes didn't turn his head until bumping Meachem four yards off his route.

So you know what Meachem's route was? I admit that Brees is a hellof a good qb. But if he had thrown the ball a little high to the side line like he usually does, then this would all be pointless.

Here

he clearly pushed Meachem and forced him out of his route

Then can you explain explain when there was clearly a face mask on Redman and the refs didnt call it? That would have made it 1st and goal and we would have scored a TD but you know if we manage to get in the Playoffs the Falcons are coming to New Orleans and trust me refs want help you win. A Back up QB and 2 backup Rbs. along with a backup guard.

The Saints D is SOFT.

I trust Superbowl winning and former Saints head coach Mike Ditka over anonymous internet Saints fan posting on the Falcon message board. Ditka on this ref's PI call per Monday Night Countdown segment: "C'mon man!"

Congratulations, your team beat our team. You are also a tool for coming here to argue/gloat about a questionable at best call.

Edited by Falcohol

Ive seen the replay about 40 times as I have it recorded and its still a BS call no matter how you want to spin it.

Not blaming the loss on anyone or anything other than the Falcons and its was still a horrible call.

Thanks for trying though.

The only BS here is by you sissy , crying, whiney azzed loser turd fans. ;)

NFL Commissioner: We have directed the Referees Association that Operation "Milk Katrina" is in effect. ALL CALLS shall be ruled in favor of New Orleans as the NFL wants to ride the Katrina Train they call the City of New Orleans. New Orleans gains national sympathy for being built in a Flood Plain and therefore this season is going to be thrown their way. So here's to you City in a Bowl as we pave your way for the Super Bowl. (Please do not leak this internal Memo to the Press).

so is it now legal to bump the receiver past five yards? If you guys don't think that was pass interference I don't know what is.

If that's the case, they should have called illegal contact then...but since he didn't impede his progress they couldn't. The call was bad and was only called after it was apparent Grimes had intercepted the ball. The ref who was standing there didn't even signal ATL ball. He threw the flag and waved it off.

NFL RULES:

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

(cool.gif Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

How on earth do you say that's incidental contact? Meach had his head around and Grimes completely ran him off his route while not playing the ball AND had forearm action. I don't know what else you Falcon fans need, now yall are just trying to find excuses for another loss. That's the definition of PI.

hey OP, where is that ball thrown? way inside, even if Meachem had stayed on his course, he would have had to either jump over Grimes or reach thru him, if the ball is thrown where its supposed to be, its a Meachem catch all the way and if it was Champ Bailey covering....no call INT

I am still amazed a 5'7 170lb CB can PUSH, with his non dominant hand, a 6'2 210lb WR, at full speed, so totally off his route, that Meachem couldnt even make a play on the ball,

Grimes must be the Hulk,

again, look where the ball is thrown

with Grimes turning his head, this makes the ball 50-50, Grimes has just as much right to fight for it as Meachem, Grimes got his 50 in