Clear evidence of correct call on Grimes

Youngin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Meachem holding the back of Grimes' jersey and using his right hand to prevent Grimes from getting his left hand around to make a play on the ball with it. Is that the offensive PI you're talking about?

so you didn't see Grimes extend his arm and force Meachem toward the sideline? Figures, you guys are total homers.

It was a horrible call which was the theme of the day. Saints even had a few bad ones against them but the Falcons bore the brunt of them. The Grimes call was horrendous and goes to show that there are overzealous officials in the league who call penalties to "justify" their being on the field.

Ask Coach Smith was saying on the sidelines....."Let the F-ers play!"

It was a horrible call which was the theme of the day. Saints even had a few bad ones against them but the Falcons bore the brunt of them. The Grimes call was horrendous and goes to show that there are overzealous officials in the league who call penalties to "justify" their being on the field.

Ask Coach Smith was saying on the sidelines....."Let the F-ers play!"

Did you watch the video? Did you not see the obvious pass interference on that play? I guess you can't take a loss so you need to blame someone for it.

so you didn't see Grimes extend his arm and force Meachem toward the sideline? Figures, you guys are total homers.

And of course you aren't. :rolleyes:

Looks no different than what any defender does downfield that doesn't get called.

What you want called happened at the 20 yardline. The interception wasn't made until the 8 yardline. The flag didn't come out until after the ref realized that Grimes made the interception.

Did you watch the video? Did you not see the obvious pass interference on that play? I guess you can't take a loss so you need to blame someone for it.

Ive seen the replay about 40 times as I have it recorded and its still a BS call no matter how you want to spin it.

Not blaming the loss on anyone or anything other than the Falcons and its was still a horrible call.

Thanks for trying though.

Looks no different than what any defender does downfield that doesn't get called.

What you want called happened at the 20 yardline. The interception wasn't made until the 8 yardline. The flag didn't come out until after the ref realized that Grimes made the interception.

so is it now legal to bump the receiver past five yards? If you guys don't think that was pass interference I don't know what is.

to be fair, he was pulling the flag out as Grimes broke off from him...it looked like jostling for position to me, Meachem fought back but was outmatched by a 5'7" 160 lb guy...his arm didn't reach out in a pushing motion and, like I said, it's simply jostling for position. it could've been called, and I wouldn't care if it was called on a Saints player, but it could've easily been a no call, and I think the ref was a lil' flag happy on that one, from MY perspective. there have been plenty of people who have co-signed that mind state, who aren't affiliated with the team. this is silly

to be fair, he was pulling the flag out as Grimes broke off from him...it looked like jostling for position to me, Meachem fought back but was outmatched by a 5'7" 160 lb guy...his arm didn't reach out in a pushing motion and, like I said, it's simply jostling for position. it could've been called, and I wouldn't care if it was called on a Saints player, but it could've easily been a no call, and I think the ref was a lil' flag happy on that one, from MY perspective. there have been plenty of people who have co-signed that mind state, who aren't affiliated with the team. this is silly

that wasn't jostling for position. He forced Meachem to the sideline. When did it become legal to totally force receivers off their route

Grimes has every right to that spot on the field where the ball is falling. Pass interference is supposed to be waived in this case because PI means your playing the receiver and not the ball. Grimes turns his head and is clearly going for the pick and so he is allowed to establish position because he has equal right to space and the ball as the receiver as per NFL rules. Nice try thinking your smart though. Meachem was trying to cut him off and he ran to his spot pushing Meachem because he was in front of him. Meachem is supposed to alot the CB space to make a play as well but was holding his line not allowing Grimes any position so he not only can be pushed but Grimes isn't doing his job if he doesn't, because Grimes as a DB has to fight to keep his spot on the field because refs won't just give it to him the way they do receivers.

that wasn't jostling for position. He forced Meachem to the sideline. When did it become legal to totally force receivers off their route

NFL RULES:

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

(B) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

you're saying this because you're slowing down the tape and reaching. jostling for position IS getting pushed out of position, that's why it's *gasp* JOSTLING FOR POSITION. I gave you your side, the ref is fair for calling it. it's just a common mindset that, something as SMALL as that, shouldn't be called. if that's the case all deep balls should be flagged on either side, because SOMEONE is going to get muscled out of position.

NFL RULES:

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

(B) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

good post

NFL RULES:

Do you call obvious pushing incidental? Really? LOL

I have a feeling Saints fans will be hearing this ******** for years to come.

NFL RULES:

Grimes didn't turn his had until after he had already bumped Meachem off his route. I'm not even going to argue anymore. You guys obviously need an excuse for losing.

Grimes didn't turn his had until after he had already bumped Meachem off his route. I'm not even going to argue anymore. You guys obviously need an excuse for losing.

Of course youre not going to argue....you have been proven WRONG by the official rules and now you have to run and hide. Its OK, youre not the first troll to be chased off this board.

As far as an excuse. I have not read all the other threads about this subject but personally, Im not making any excuses and what is even more ridiculous is that your team won! The Saints won and you have to make time to come and argue a single play?

You won. Be gracious and enjoy your win.