Inside scoop on draft picks

hawkeye

I just got word that we are targeting CB and LB. But don't be surprised if we go DE first. The 2 specific names

right now are Haden and Spoon. I keep saying that I believe we will take Haden if he is there. I'm not high on

Spoon though. Haden is good but IMO he is not as good as they make him out to be. But honestly considering CB

is our weakest link, if he is there you can't pass him up b/c he is the #1 CB in the draft according to the

experts.

I got a friend in the business.

Hawkeye, come on. I like your posts but is this for real? Is your source reliable? Is he close enough to the organization to know this? If so, why would he tell anyone outside of the scouting department?

Assuming this info is true, what do they like about Haden? What is it about Haden that separates him from the rest?

So he gave you the names too or are you just saying some possibilities?

I'm just saying because if they are targeting both Joe Haden and Sean Weatherspoon, that probably means they are trying to get that 2nd round pick back.

Naw i'm serious Hakim. I wouldn't lie about it.

Hawkeye, come on. I like your posts but is this for real? Is your source reliable? Is he close enough to the organization to know this? If so, why would he tell anyone outside of the scouting department?

Assuming this info is true, what do they like about Haden? What is it about Haden that separates him from the rest?

He's not in the Falcons organization.

I just got word that we are targeting CB and LB. But don't be surprised if we go DE first. The 2 specific names

right now are Haden and Spoon. I keep saying that I believe we will take Haden if he is there. I'm not high on

Spoon though. Haden is good but IMO he is not as good as they make him out to be. But honestly considering CB

is our weakest link, if he is there you can't pass him up b/c he is the #1 CB in the draft according to the

experts.

Hawk, all seems reasonable but if we are targeting CB and LB what led you too believe we are going for DE in 1st Rd? Was this mentioned or is it your belief? I would tend to agree with assumption that we are going for DE in first. Also, hard to believe that the Falcons would be satisfied with O-Line and Wr core. Was there any mention of this....

Hawk, all seems reasonable but if we are targeting CB and LB what led you too believe we are going for DE in 1st Rd? Was this mentioned or is it your belief? I would tend to agree with assumption that we are going for DE in first. Also, hard to believe that the Falcons would be satisfied with O-Line and Wr core. Was there any mention of this....

No he told me about DE too. He said that everything now is defensively. My belief is that we will get an OL too.

But those are the 2 names he gave me.

I appreciate the info and i can see the draft going like

1st - Haden

2nd - Weatherspoon

3rd(comp)- Austin Lane DE

4th - Chris Scott

4th (comp) - Taylor Price

5th - John Jerry - Gaurd

6th - dont know

6th - dont know

Jaymadd, yes I imagine that will be close assuming we get 2nd Rd pick as mentioned in original post.

Jaymadd would you like this draft?

I'm indifferent I guess, wouldn't be upset but I would be concerned: Hayden seems to be a reach due to position of need...reminds me of JA98; Weatherspoon in 2nd seems to be a guy with 1st Rd talent but slid down the board his Snr year...reminds me of Moore; Lane in 3rd is a known talent from small school...reminds me of Biermann and Sid. Guess the only pick that has me really concerned is 1st Rd, the rest are good and positions of need.

Jaymadd, yes I imagine that will be close assuming we get 2nd Rd pick as mentioned in original post.

Jaymadd would you like this draft?

I'm indifferent I guess, wouldn't be upset but I would be concerned: Hayden seems to be a reach due to position of need...reminds me of JA98; Weatherspoon in 2nd seems to be a guy with 1st Rd talent but slid down the board his Snr year...reminds me of Moore; Lane in 3rd is a known talent from small school...reminds me of Biermann and Sid. Guess the only pick that has me really concerned is 1st Rd, the rest are good and positions of need.

I honestly would not be upset if we got Haden, I think he will be a Very Good Cb in the league. He is fast, physical and has good ball skills. If we got him that would be cool with me. I dont think he reminds me of JA98 at all, I see how talented Haden is and he still is developing.

My Favorite 1st round prospect is Derrick Morgan