Some key FA pickups this offseason

I really really hope we get this guy he is a beast.

Thomas Howard, Oakland Raiders (27)

Howard’s ability to cover ground has helped him become the coverage backer he is today. Yet year after year, the Raiders finish near the bottom of the pack in run defense. Not to put the blame solely on Howard, but his play definitely reflects his inadequacies in playing through blockers. Howard is a nice blitzer and does a nice job of knifing through blocks to make plays in the backfield, but when he misses, he leaves a big void wide open behind him. Howard doesn’t have the bulk to go head on and stand up guards and that could be a big reason why Oakland pushes him down on their list of priorities.

or we could end up with Shawne Merriman, San Diego Chargers (26)

This guy with Williams coming back would be nice

Carlos Rogers, Washington Redskins (29)

Though he’s had a couple poor games, Rogers has strung together a very nice season this year. He’s been targeted only 47 times this year and has had several shutdown games. Rogers is a good cover corner and in the league’s top 10. He does a nice job of contesting passes and is rarely caught completely out of position. With Brian Orakpo and the pass rush heating up in recent weeks, Rogers has the ability to make some gambles and collect his first pick of the season. Rogers doesn’t force turnovers or come up strong in run support, but he will be the best corner to become a free agent this year if Washington doesn’t throw some top-end coin in his direction.

Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots (28)

The Patriots acknowledged being unable to keep both of their elite defensive linemen by trading away Richard Seymour, freeing up enough money to retain Vince Wilfork. Wilfork is one of the league’s premier nose tackles and one of the cornerstones for the Patriots’ defense. Once the season ends, the Patriots should start immediately trying to get him under contract so not to give him an option to walk. If he hits free agency, there are a number of teams that will heavily court Wilfork at a premium position.

This coming season is a no cap season I think everybody will be unloading and it wil be a bumper crop year for FA and for those teams that can entice these good players too.

One of the interesting enticements for the Falcon is TG. Another would be RW or MJ two adequte WR with suspect hands. Another would be Harvey Dahl or even Turner himself, although, that is a longshot. Perhaps the only player who is up for discussion is Ryan, but, after this year, Ryan if he continues to tank it an throw more INT's would be another for the 2011 season.

I don't see that happening with Ryan because of his work ethic; he won't let it happen ever again. But, he needs to be rested. I do see Turner as such an option though unless the team entics a good RB or drafts one which is slim becasue of the defense needs for next yr. Maybe swap for Jonathan Stewart or Beanie Wells, prhaps even AD out of Minn. Farve maybe gone after thi season especially if Minn. gos nto the big show and Favre wins another ring. With a good yer it still might be all that he wanted. Anything is possible nxt yr.

I think these kinds of enticements will produce the kind of inducements for the Falcon High Command to really "run some broken field." We'll have to wait to see what unfolds.

i dont see why all these players wont be re-signed by their teams?

Same reason TO wasnt resigned in Dallas, or Asante Samuel wasnt resigned in NE, or I can keep going...sometimes people just leave. If we can make a better offer here is where they will be. But i can give a better reason if you want. With the signing of D. Hall and him not playing so bad Rogers will prob be leaving considering he is older and they are set at CB. Wilfork has been in talk all season about trades and where he may be next year.

Merriman has really been in trade talks all year since he came back from the injury. SD are very deep at LB and losing Merriman would clear up more cap space for them without hurting so bad. With Howard **** ITS AL DAVIS!!!!!!!!! he also said his whole team is open for trade talks. I think the only untouchable guy there is Nnadi Aso.

Same reason TO wasnt resigned in Dallas, or Asante Samuel wasnt resigned in NE, or I can keep going...sometimes people just leave. If we can make a better offer here is where they will be. But i can give a better reason if you want. With the signing of D. Hall and him not playing so bad Rogers will prob be leaving considering he is older and they are set at CB. Wilfork has been in talk all season about trades and where he may be next year.

Merriman has really been in trade talks all year since he came back from the injury. SD are very deep at LB and losing Merriman would clear up more cap space for them without hurting so bad. With Howard **** ITS AL DAVIS!!!!!!!!! he also said his whole team is open for trade talks. I think the only untouchable guy there is Nnadi Aso.

Here I go again. I wonder if Al would take Anderson and Davis for Howard? We can even throw in Houston and/or Grimes.

im not a big fan of carlos rogers, think he is very overrated. Could be just coincidence but whenever i see a skins game, carlos always struggles.

Id like to see us pick up Hobbs, he shouldnt be very expensive and could be a great number 2 CB for us, hes very experienced playing w patriots and phili with asante. I think he could be what foxworth was for us.

I dont think we're going for wilfork, hes probably a better fit in a 3-4 and prefer it himself.

If we can replace nicolas with howard or morrison, that would be awesome.

And maybe like a bo scaif, someone to replace tony when hes gone and to upgrade over peele for now.

im not a big fan of carlos rogers, think he is very overrated. Could be just coincidence but whenever i see a skins game, carlos always struggles.

Id like to see us pick up Hobbs, he shouldnt be very expensive and could be a great number 2 CB for us, hes very experienced playing w patriots and phili with asante. I think he could be what foxworth was for us.

I dont think we're going for wilfork, hes probably a better fit in a 3-4 and prefer it himself.

If we can replace nicolas with howard or morrison, that would be awesome.

And maybe like a bo scaif, someone to replace tony when hes gone and to upgrade over peele for now.

yes. i also would like to see us pick up ellis hobbs. i was so sick when the eagles got him. What was it they gave up a 5th. WTF y are we not trying for that

The addition on Richard Seymour,Ellis Hobbs and Carlos Rogers would instantly upgrade our defense.

Seymour would be our probowl LDE with the abillity to kick inside in ceartain situations. Carlos Rogers instantly becomes the best CB on our team. Then Owens,Hobbs, and Houston compete for #2. Whoever loses competes for nickel duties

We should attempt to move Abraham. We might be able to get a 2nd, but i would take a 3rd and 5th

Jerry coming back healthy causing problems alongside Babs, Moore ballhawking in the secondary, and the draft focusing on OL,LB depth,RB,QB

Would love Carlos Rogers, but I wouldn't mind Dunta Robinson, Marlin Jackson or Ellis Hobbs either to help at corner.

At linebacker, Thomas Howard or Thomas Davis. I even like Rocky McIntosh.

For help on D-Line, give me Aaron Kampman. GB probably won't resign and he may be cheaper coming off a disappointing year with his move to LB and latest injury.

The addition on Richard Seymour,Ellis Hobbs and Carlos Rogers would instantly upgrade our defense.

Seymour would be our probowl LDE with the abillity to kick inside in ceartain situations. Carlos Rogers instantly becomes the best CB on our team. Then Owens,Hobbs, and Houston compete for #2. Whoever loses competes for nickel duties

We should attempt to move Abraham. We might be able to get a 2nd, but i would take a 3rd and 5th

Jerry coming back healthy causing problems alongside Babs, Moore ballhawking in the secondary, and the draft focusing on OL,LB depth,RB,QB

This just made me wet

2 positions i want adressed in FA.

OLB - Dansby or T. Davis in FA if available. If Dansby then we draft a WLB in 1st if DAvis we draft a SLB in 1st.

CB - Bodden, Marshall, Jackson, Winfield, or Hobbs in FA which ever becomes available. This must be addressed in FA no other way around it no CB's in the draft im tired of rookies not getting coached up right and failing with talent.

Wouldn't be against a legit #2 WR in FA either. Move Jenkins to #4.

Rogers is the only one I see hitting the market. He will demand big money from WAS to stay, and the wrapped it into D Hall.

Wilfork DEF wont get free and I doubt OAK lets Howard go. They will keep Howard and Morrison. Over pay for one, and franchise the other.

Richard Marshall from Carolina Panthers would be a better corner that than Rogers and his a free agent.I do like bringing Richard Seymore in.In the draft I would get Eric Berry if availiable or Cj Spiller,may Best from Cal.