Season Ticket Prices

Capitalist

Another STH called the ticket office and complained about a massive increase. They were told that their section was raised due to demand... The "demand" response is exactly what I would have suspected...

The Falcons are(have been)gathering ticket demand info from Stubhub last year and Ticket Exchange this year... Couple that with the knowledge of which season tickets sell more slowly. And you have the current pricing...

If your prices went down and you never sell any extra tickets... Be happy

If your prices went up... Be sad times two... You pay more to go, and if you sell, you make less....

If your price stayed the same... Demand is mixed in your area...

Expect that future prices will be data/demand driven and will have almost nothing to do with performance... Performance will be "spun" by the PR/Ticket office to try and keep STH's encouraged... (like the video STH's got of a 6-7 team "moving forward")

FYI... I am keeping my tickets... I love the whole atmosphere too much to let a mediocre season and some Vick lovers hold me back...

If your prices went up... Be sad times two... You pay more to go, and if you sell, you make less....

If it is true the Falcons are indeed gathering information from Ticketmaster then why would the price go up if the demand is down? At least your buddy got some kind of an answer. My tickets went up 33% last year and the person just quoted McKay's average ticket price speech. I replied back that my seats cost more than the exact same ones at Gilette stadium. I sit on the Upper Prime dead center on the 50. I don't think demand is down since there are rarely empty seats. If they soley look at the resell then obviously it ignores good seats that people are not willing to give up.

If it is true the Falcons are indeed gathering information from Ticketmaster then why would the price go up if the demand is down? At least your buddy got some kind of an answer. My tickets went up 33% last year and the person just quoted McKay's average ticket price speech. I replied back that my seats cost more than the exact same ones at Gilette stadium. I sit on the Upper Prime dead center on the 50. I don't think demand is down since there are rarely empty seats. If they soley look at the resell then obviously it ignores good seats that people are not willing to give up.

How many of those seats are owned by Ticketmaster/Stubhub? Do you know how many times a year Season Ticket holders sell those seats? Cap. is on to something, my one problem with this theory is that my tickets are back to the 2008 price, to the dollar, those of us that got a price break in 2009 are seeing the prices brought back to the penny of what we paid before.

I'm sure they also factor renewal rates of STH's... The STH's I know in Upper Prime LOVE the view and section...

The league average and McKay BS is another example of "spin"... I expect that data/demand will be the driving factor...

Prices in Foxboro or Pittsburgh are almost not relevant when the ticket office is pricing based on data/demand...

What it actually shows us, is that the Pats or Steelers could raise prices 25-50% and still sell-out... Falcons can't do that... Not enough demand...

IMHO

My tickets stayed the same. I'm dropping 3 of my tickets though and just keeping the ones for me and hubby.

I'm tired of my kids, grandkids waiting til the last minute to tell me whether they are going or not - so now they can just get their own tickets.

Since I'm dropping some and they barely let us down by the tunnel anymore, I'm going to try to relocate the 2 remaining tickets to sideline if they are available.

I'm hoping someone drops theirs or scales back so I can grab some prime seats.

I'm sure they also factor renewal rates of STH's... The STH's I know in Upper Prime LOVE the view and section...

The league average and McKay BS is another example of "spin"... I expect that data/demand will be the driving factor...

Prices in Foxboro or Pittsburgh are almost not relevant when the ticket office is pricing based on data/demand...

What it actually shows us, is that the Pats or Steelers could raise prices 25-50% and still sell-out... Falcons can't do that... Not enough demand...

IMHO

You can't do that in most cities, let's see if the Pats can get away with that practice in 10-15 years. I know teams like the Steelers/Skins/Cowboys/Packers will always be able to get away crazy season ticket prices due to their fan base, most teams cannot. For as much grief as the Redskins get their tickets are actually reasonable for the most part, a lower level endzone seat, season ticket is right around $100 a game. Considering the area and the fanbase that's not bad.

Just wait until the Falcons build a new stadium and they control parking.. if you want to see a real pricing issue parking is #1 in most NFL cities.

My tickets stayed the same. I'm dropping 3 of my tickets though and just keeping the ones for me and hubby.

I'm tired of my kids, grandkids waiting til the last minute to tell me whether they are going or not - so now they can just get their own tickets.

Since I'm dropping some and they barely let us down by the tunnel anymore, I'm going to try to relocate the 2 remaining tickets to sideline if they are available.

I'm hoping someone drops theirs or scales back so I can grab some prime seats.

I have a feeling those that didn't see a price increase were "over paying" for their seats to begin with. You all should be more upset than the people that are seeing increases.

I have a feeling those that didn't see a price increase were "over paying" for their seats to begin with. You all should be more upset than the people that are seeing increases.

Not really. My tickets haven't gone up in 3 years. The single ticket price has gone up in that section for the past 3 years - but on the early renewal - I've managed to keep the STH price on my tickets.

I'm in 123 by the tunnel and I'm paying $79 per seat per game. I don't mind that - but I'm gonna like only having 2 to pay for (lol)

Not really. My tickets haven't gone up in 3 years. The single ticket price has gone up in that section for the past 3 years - but on the early renewal - I've managed to keep the STH price on my tickets.

I'm in 123 by the tunnel and I'm paying $79 per seat per game. I don't mind that - but I'm gonna like only having 2 to pay for (lol)

I understand all of that, however, to think a COMPANY like the Falcons are being generous is a bit of a stretch, those tickets were probably over priced 3 years ago compared to others around the stadium. I've always lived by the sentiment that "nothing is free". I paid early last year and got the "discount", however I know the Falcons think those seats are probably over priced and they're making interest money off of what I paid early. I'd be very suspicious if the tickets stayed the same price for 3 seasons, something wasn't right that first season when it came to pricing.

I understand all of that, however, to think a COMPANY like the Falcons are being generous is a bit of a stretch, those tickets were probably over priced 3 years ago compared to others around the stadium. I've always lived by the sentiment that "nothing is free". I paid early last year and got the "discount", however I know the Falcons think those seats are probably over priced and they're making interest money off of what I paid early. I'd be very suspicious if the tickets stayed the same price for 3 seasons, something wasn't right that first season when it came to pricing.

The lower corner sections farthest from the sideline (123 - 103, ect.) always have problems selling in the high rows.... Endzone view but corner prices... Low demand is keeping renewal prices static... The point is valid, that they may be overpriced 10-20%...

Further evidence of data/demand theory... Look at all the sections with different prices in the same section, based on row... A few years ago, there was no pricing by row...

The lower corner sections farthest from the sideline (123 - 103, ect.) always have problems selling in the high rows.... Endzone view but corner prices... Low demand is keeping renewal prices static... The point is valid, that they may be overpriced 10-20%...

Further evidence of data/demand theory... Look at all the sections with different prices in the same section, based on row... A few years ago, there was no pricing by row...

Upper Endzone went up 17%... You would think they could wait until we win a game... Get beat by 3 points then send a bill for tickets...

I suppose after seeing the ticket prices in Miami & Tampa - I just have never felt the need to complain.

I have better seats than the company ST we have in Tampa - and they are $256 per seat per game!

I have never felt my seats were overpriced - if I did - I just wouldn't pay for them. I still believe we are on the low end around the league.

Further, I thank goodness we don't have to pay license fees just to have tickets - those are outrageous!

I have a friend who has seats in Club section for the Bucs...

Earlier this year, when he bitched about their low payroll and poor commitment to winning...

They dropped the price... Doubt that would work here... Might work with high-end club seats and suites... But not for us regular STH slugs...

my seats went up from $250 to $350. Thats a 40% increase. Even the cheapest seats are $290, and I dont think I can justify paying that much. Looks like I may be watching the falcons from homes next year until I get my student loans, truck, credit card, and engagement ring paid off

i sit in upper prime right on the 45 and love the tix - but, they went up 30 plus % last year and then dropped this year - there are very few season tix holders in my section - always peopel in the seats, but rarely the same people

i think they overpriced them last year and are now trying to get the season ticket holders back

I hate the pricing by row that started in my section last year. I have been an STH for 15 years and every year the people in my group hope to move down. After a while we were unable to move down but I noticed multiple rows in front of us year in and year out would have different people every week. Obviously scalpers or corporate seats.

I was in row 8 up until last year and my tickets shot up from $650 to $950 per seat. So we moved back to the nose bleeds where visiting fans sit now and of course those tickets jumped up again by $100 a seat for next year. What ticks me off about the different price levels in the same section it is no longer about how long you have been a faithful season ticket holder but more about businesses giving these away as a marketing expense. We all know people who take the company tickets because they are free and don't really care that much about the team.

It's a shame for as much money as most of us lay down every year to attend these games and support our team year in and year out the Falcons organization really does not give **** about their fans. Perhaps that may seem harsh but that's how I feel about it.

Yeah, the pre-season games hurt, but the first-chance at playoff tickets almost outweighs it... IF the team gets home playoff games. :P

Next year could be a high-demand year for selling your tickets, though, if you were going to do that. Not to mention an entertaining schedule in general. The Cards, Rams, Bengals, Ravens, and Packers are all likely going to be coming to the Dome. I hate to advocate selling your seats, but next year seems like a schedule where it will be easier to do so.