The Worst Fantasy League Ever

Ok, I usually post in TAFT, but I needed to get this off my chest.

I just finished in the worst fantasy league ever. Let me start on draft day.

The commish puts 10 numbers in a hat. The problem? There are 12 teams. I pulled number 6 out only to have to throw it back in and redraw (not as bad as my wife who had number three). Second attempt at drawing, I get number 8. My wife gets one. One of the numbers is lost somehow. Redraw again. I get 12 and I am pissed. My wife gets 7. Fancy this, the commish gets FREAKING NUMBER ONE!

I get crappy picks, but I am able to compete thanks to some good advice and luck.

To make things worse, the guy who has the number 2 pick is only in the league because he is dating a friend of ours. I tried to pull of three trades with him (two for Matt Ryan) to which he responds three times "these are our franchise players, no way dude. We don't do trades." Week ten of the season, they break up. He stops fielding a roster (He has Matt Ryan starting through injuries). His reason is "I am too depressed over the breakup to really do this." This SCREWS UP THE WHOLE LEAGUE!

Two teams that failed to be really competitive beat up this guy bad because every week he has two or three guys who do not play.

Last week of the season, I win, I am in, I lose, I can still get in if this depressed fellow would field a team. I have to face the number one team in the league (yea, the team with Chris Johnson and Drew Efing Breese). The team right behind me is playing the heart broken fellow.

I lose by 7. The other game (with heart broken boy) is a cakewalk for the team that needs me to lose. They win 67 to 55. Yea. Im out of the playoffs.

To make things worse, the yahoo forgets to add a consolation bracket in our league.

:angry:

I think drafting last is probably one of the best places to draft, especially when you have people who don't know football very well in your league.

My team after picking 12th in a standard league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST and 5 bench spots?

QB - Aaron Rodgers and Donovan McNabb

RB - Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, and Knowshon Moreno

WR - Roddy White, Derrick Mason, Chad Ochocinco, and Braylon Edwards

TE - Tony Gonzalez

K - David Akers

D/ST - Packers and Cowboys

Scored the most points in my league, with the worst coach rating, and tied for the best record.

I think drafting last is probably one of the best places to draft, especially when you have people who don't know football very well in your league.

My team after picking 12th in a standard league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST and 5 bench spots?

TE - Tony Gonzalez

K - David Akers

Scored the most points in my league, with the worst coach rating, and tied for the best record.

I had a pretty decent draft, however, the main issue was the guy who quit playing had some great players. I had Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs (who knew he would suck)Roddy White, Eli Manning (oops) Vince Young (pleasant surprise for the final pick in the draft)Mike Sims-Walker, and others. I actually finished 8-5 (lost the last two weeks...)

Oh well. Now I dont have to play anymore.

TE - Tony Gonzalez

K - David Akers

same here.. i drafted last and got MJD and Chris Johnson.. :D . i always want to draft either first or last.. i prefer last though. its when you get in that middle no mans land that things can go badly.

well its not nearly as bad as me scoring the most points in the regular season and than losing first game of the fricking playoffs because Randy Moss decided to freakin get -.5 points. GRRRRRR What a waste of time!!!!!!!!! Sad thing is my team was really good too, i think overall it was the best team in the league (hance the most points scored in the season) but it was just bad luck that Randy moss decided to go negative on one game that really counted. Oh well, what can u do.

well its not nearly as bad as me scoring the most points in the regular season and than losing first game of the fricking playoffs because Randy Moss decided to freakin get -.5 points. GRRRRRR What a waste of time!!!!!!!!! Sad thing is my team was really good too, i think overall it was the best team in the league (hance the most points scored in the season) but it was just bad luck that Randy moss decided to go negative on one game that really counted. Oh well, what can u do.

I got lucky last year and won the playoffs. This being despite my first two picks being Brady and Moss. I feel ya man.

• 2 weeks later...

If you win your games the rest will take care of itself :lol:

Had a coworker whining about how someone "screwed" him out of the playoffs with the same sort of thing.

If you need help from another team it's because you didn't do your job. If they don't help you out, whether intentional, for lack of effort, or whatever the only person you can blame is yourself.

i've made it to the championship game this week as the #1 seed. i was just looking at the draft results and realized that out of my round 2 through round 8 selections, only 1 is still on my team. i drafted HORRIBLY the first half, and that trend continued. out of a 21 round draft (b/c we use defensive players instead of teams), 7 drafted players stayed on my team from start to finish. so i ended up dropping 2/3 of my team at some point during the season. started off 0-2 and all but ran the table to finish the regular season at 11-3 and going for back to back championships.

Original team:......................Current Team

QB

Eli Manning.........................Eli Manning

Jay Cutler..........................Jay Cutler

RB

Marshawn Lynch......................Justin Forsett

Portis..............................Jamaal Charles

Lendale White.......................Ray Rice

Ray Rice

WR

Fitzgerald..........................Fitzgerald

Roy Williams........................Steve Smith (NYG)

Braylon Edwards.....................Mike Sims-Walker

Devery Henderson....................Mike Wallace

TE

Anthony Fasano......................Vernon Davis

....................................Brent Celek

K

Nate Kaeding........................Nate Kaeding

Defense

Bradie James........................Brian Cushing

Charles Woodson.....................Charles Woodson

Ray Lewis...........................Ray Lewis

Robert Mathis.......................Darnell Dockett

Lance Briggs........................Elvis Dummervil

Leon Hall...........................Jonathan Joseph

Gaines Adams........................DeMarcus Ware (someone actually dropped him mid way through the season)

Quintin Mikell......................LaMarr Woodley

Alex Brown..........................D.J. Williams