Let's get a couple of things straight saints fans

Falc_Fan_Since_Six

I don't mean this to be confrontational but I've seen some responses to my post here and responses to other post in TATF that seem to suggest Falcons fans are "proud of a loss".

Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm extremely disappointed, we had you guys on the ropes and let you get away. What I am extremely proud of about my team is the amount of heart and character and just all out grit they showed when the odds were so hugely stacked against them. After the Vick debacle of last week they could have easily laid down and mailed this one in especially as under manned as they were.

Frankly, I wouldn't have blamed them if they had after seeing our own so called fans cheering last week when Vick scored, but that's another matter.

The point is that there is a huge difference between being proud of your team for showing heart and character in a losing effort and being proud of the loss.

Another thing I'd like to get off my chest before I leave this game behind and move on to the Jets is this contention of saints fans that "We had just as may injuries as you did. That's why it was so close"

Maybe you had just as many injuries as we did in number, I don't know I didn't count, but the significance of the injuries is what's different. We were missing the heart and soul of our offense in Matt Ryan and Michael Turner and the mean and nasty part of it in Harvey Dahl. Add to it our defense which is just as decimated by injury as yours is and I think the scale greatly tips to our side as to who was more undermanned.

I mean it's not like you guys were playing without Brees or something.

Anyway, just wanted to get those points out there. I'm sure there will be some disagreement as their always is between bitter rivals but I needed to have my say. A final congrats on the win yesterday and on clinching the division and the bye. I now return you to your celebration as I move on to the Jets and continue to hope that a winning season is not out of reach just yet. Have fun.

Edited by FalcFanSinceSix!!

I don't mean this to be confrontational but I've seen some responses to my post here and responses to other post in TATF that seem to suggest Falcons fans are "proud of a loss".

Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm extremely disappointed, we had you guys on the ropes and let you get away. What I am extremely proud of about my team is the amount of heart and character and just all out grit they showed when the odds were so hugely stacked against them. After the Vick debacle of last week they could have easily laid down and mailed this one in especially as under manned as they were.

Frankly, I wouldn't have blamed them if they had after seeing our own so called fans cheering last week when Vick scored, but that's another matter.

The point is that there is a huge difference between being proud of your team for showing heart and character in a losing effort and being proud of the loss.

Another thing I'd like to get off my chest before I leave this game behind and move on to the Jets is this contention of saints fans that "We had just as may injuries as you did. That's why it was so close"

Maybe you had just as many injuries as we did in number, I don't know I didn't count, but the significance of the injuries is what's different. We were missing the heart and soul of our offense in Matt Ryan and Michael Turner and the mean and nasty part of it in Harvey Dahl. Add to it our defense which is just as decimated by injury as yours is and I think the scale greatly tips to our side as to who was more undermanned.

I mean it's not like you guys were playing without Brees or something.

Anyway, just wanted to get those points out there. I'm sure there will be some disagreement as their always is between bitter rivals but I needed to have my say. A final congrats on the win yesterday and on clinching the division and the bye. I now return you to your celebration as I move on to the Jets and continue to hope that a winning season is not out of reach just yet. Have fun.

My thought is, first of all, you should have never started the thread you did. That was the most idiotic thing you could have done, because a win is a win. Secondly, there isn't no such thing as a loss that your proud of, I don't care how hard a team plays. You are never proud of a loss.

Some of us were admittedly stupid to think this game wouldn't be close, that's nothing on the Saints or Falcons. It's a divisional game, and the Falcons aren't the Bucs. Look at the Panthers game, even that was close.

I very much disagree on the injuries. You were missing your QB, we were missing our corners. You were missing your guard, we were missing our LB. You were missing your RB, we were missing our RB. It goes hand and hand, and balances out. If you think it doesn't, look at how close the Monday nighter was when both teams were more healthy.

Edited by nolafan33

My thought is, first of all, you should have never started the thread you did. That was the most idiotic thing you could have done, because a win is a win. Secondly, there isn't no such thing as a loss that your proud of, I don't care how hard a team plays. You are never proud of a loss.

Some of us were admittedly stupid to think this game wouldn't be close, that's nothing on the Saints or Falcons. It's a divisional game, and the Falcons aren't the Bucs. Look at the Panthers game, even that was close.

I very much disagree on the injuries. You were missing your QB, we were missing our corners. You were missing your guard, we were missing our LB. You were missing your RB, we were missing our RB. It goes hand and hand, and balances out. If you think it doesn't, look at how close the Monday nighter was when both teams were more healthy.

Again, I'm not proud of the loss. I am darn proud of my teams effort and heart in the losing effort though. There is a difference and I'm drawing a line between the two. That's all I'm saying.

We will have to agree to disagree on the injury thing. You cannot equate missing our starting QB to missing a couple of DB's. The only valid trade off there would have been if you were missing Brees. Ryan is just as important to our offense as Brees is to yours. As far as the RB thing, the drop off between Turner and Snelling is much greater than any drop off I saw on your side and Norwood is no more of an every down back than Bush is.

It's nobody's fault but the Falcons that we don't have more capable backups than we do but I think any objective observer as in a non Saints or Falcons fan , would come to the conclusion that we were more hurt by injuries than you were. Anyway my more important point was to stress the difference in being proud of my teams effort and being proud of a loss. What I saw yesterday shows me that no matter how the rest of this season plays out that our organization is still headed in the right direction and has great leadership in place.

I'm not one of those delusional Falcon fans that expected a Superbowl berth this year. I did think we would make the playoffs but still believed a Super bowl was at least two to three seasons in the future for us. I still believe that.

Again, I'm not proud of the loss. I am darn proud of my teams effort and heart in the losing effort though. There is a difference and I'm drawing a line between the two. That's all I'm saying.

We will have to agree to disagree on the injury thing. You cannot equate missing our starting QB to missing a couple of DB's. The only valid trade off there would have been if you were missing Brees. Ryan is just as important to our offense as Brees is to yours. As far as the RB thing, the drop off between Turner and Snelling is much greater than any drop off I saw on your side and Norwood is no more of an every down back than Bush is.

It's nobody's fault but the Falcons that we don't have more capable backups than we do but I think any objective observer as in a non Saints or Falcons fan , would come to the conclusion that we were more hurt by injuries than you were. Anyway my more important point was to stress the difference in being proud of my teams effort and being proud of a loss. What I saw yesterday shows me that no matter how the rest of this season plays out that our organization is still headed in the right direction and has great leadership in place.

I'm not one of those delusional Falcon fans that expected a Superbowl berth this year. I did think we would make the playoffs but still believed a Super bowl was at least two to three seasons in the future for us. I still believe that.

I get what your saying, no problem!

Yes we will. You can say if we had our QB it would have been different, I could say if we had Jabari and Tracy it would have been different, that is what makes them equal. I agree with what you said about Turner and Snelling, but not having Bell took away a physical aspect of our offense. Dare I say, with Bell we never give up the lead we had?

Yall were definetly more injured than we were, what I'm trying to say is it wasn't as big of a margin in injuries as what most Falcon fans are trying to say. Yall were injured and missing key guys, so were we. Like I said, you were missing your QB we were missing our DB's. I mentioned the last game, and look at what our healthy secondary did against a healthy Matt Ryan.