William Moore

RYNE

Does anyone think that he will be able to make an impact next year for us??

I try to be an optimist so I think yes.....

I think this kid is going to be our enforcer..

We don't really have anyone on this team who consistently makes people pay for coming across the middle.....(even though I think Owens has some of that in him....).

I think Moore could be that guy.

We don't really have anyone on this team who consistently makes people pay for coming across the middle.....(even though I think Owens has some of that in him....).

Not consistently but DeCoud has put in some big hits and did another yesterday, man i love DeCoud :wub:

When U think of how much Decoud played last year (dont even remember seeing him until the playoffs, Moore isn't in that much of a different spot. If he was healthy he probably would've been playing that much anyway. I think he's gonna be ok, a good alternative/replacement for Coleman, who has disappointed me somewhat this year

Not consistently but DeCoud has put in some big hits and did another yesterday, man i love DeCoud :wub:

I thought about Thomas after I typed that. He definitely has potential in that area too....

Wouldn't it be great to have 2 safeties who absolutely lay people out?

I try to be an optimist, also.

But something inside keeps screaming Jimmy Williams.

Loads of potential but can't do what's necessary to stay on the field.

I hope I'm wrong.

This kid looked better than Eric Berry in his Junior year at Missouri. Watch the tape. Moore punished people every single hit and was all over the place causing turnovers and making plays. He looked like Ed Reed playing against High School teams.

Everyone had him off the board in the Top 5 of the 2008 Draft (his junior year), but he chose to stay for his senior year. Got hurt, badly, and couldn't stay on the field.

He got hurt in training camp -- missed most of it. Got hurt in preseason -- missed most of that. Came back in week 7 or 8 -- got hurt. I think he saw some action on special teams a couple weeks after that and got hurt -- put on IR.

Can he be effective? If he can actually get on the field... sure, I don't see any reason why he couldn't be the same playmaker he was as a collegian. Will he? Even he doesn't know that answer, but I sure hope so.

He and BW will help us improve a lot. However, we still need to add some detph.

BW will not be back next year, he had a one year contract and was up in age already, he wont be back after that injury.

I think the time off for Moore is going to do wonders for him. The kid was continually banged up in college, yet he played through the injuries which means he is tough, but that didnt help him in his recovery. After college he was at the Senior Bowl and he was injured, he then did the combine and pre-draft activities and wasnt really 100%. Then he had mini-camp, and training camp, I just feel like he never had the opportunity for his body to heal and I think the decision to put him on IR was a decision that was made for the benefit of Moore in order to allow his body to heal. I think he wont be a injury problem because he played through injuries in college, and i think he will develop into a nice SS for us.

BW will not be back next year, he had a one year contract and was up in age already, he wont be back after that injury.

I think the time off for Moore is going to do wonders for him. The kid was continually banged up in college, yet he played through the injuries which means he is tough, but that didnt help him in his recovery. After college he was at the Senior Bowl and he was injured, he then did the combine and pre-draft activities and wasnt really 100%. Then he had mini-camp, and training camp, I just feel like he never had the opportunity for his body to heal and I think the decision to put him on IR was a decision that was made for the benefit of Moore in order to allow his body to heal. I think he wont be a injury problem because he played through injuries in college, and i think he will develop into a nice SS for us.

thanks for the williams info. Hopefully you are right about moore. All this time letting his body heal should be good for him. we'll just have to wait and see