Do you want BVG back next year?

bossFALCON™

72 members have voted

1. 1. do you want bvg back?

tbh i want someone new running our D. i don't have a problem with running a C2 defense, but BVG's playcalling and predictability is HORRIBLE. i cut him some slack last year (it was his first year with a new team). i cut him some slack at the begging of this year (new players, + injuries) but i'm fed up with him now. i swear he has like 5 plays on his defensive play call sheet. we don't do anything exotic. we don't do a good job disguising what we're doing and he doesn't know when to blitz and when to back off.

we're seeing the same stupid **** from him week after week after week and our D has been bad back to back years.

i'm not saying i want to switch to a 3-4 or anything, i just want a new d coordinator.

This one is debatable. I would vote "No", but I really dont think this guy ever got a chance to prove what he's got because of how horrible the personnel (particularly the secondary) has been. You cannot expect any DC to do any better with Houston and Grimes as your starting CBs.

That said, he could have been much better in generating the pass-rush. I know not having DT Jerry inside hurt the availability of pressure on the outside. But, really... with John Abraham at your disposal you can't draw up any schemes to get him to the QB?

With as horrible as this defense has been all year there's a good chance a few players (who I won't mention) won't be on the team next season. But, usually there is also a major scapegoat who gets trashed in an attempt to rid the woes of the past with.

Does he deserve to come back? Yes and No. All in all, unless you see some big time defensive coaches freeing up (Fox, Kubiak...) I'd say it's safe to bet Dimitroff keeps BVG around another year.

Van Gorder isn't the problem. You try getting blood from a turnip and see how successful you are.

We simply need better talent on every level of the defense. We could use an upgrade at every single position, some moreso then others.

Considering the way the game was called yesterday by the officials and our extremely low talent level (in particular the secondary)...we still held the Saints to under their scoring average.

I think it's in his nature to be agressive, but he knows the game can get out of hand quickly with our young, non-talented secondary. He isn't pulling the trigger in Free Agency and the Draft...the blame should go elsewhere.

Suprisingly to some of you, I don't think he is doing a terrible job.

Van Gorder isn't the problem. You try getting blood from a turnip and see how successful you are.

We simply need better talent on every level of the defense. We could use an upgrade at every single position, some moreso then others.

Considering the way the game was called yesterday by the officials and our extremely low talent level (in particular the secondary)...we still held the Saints to under their scoring average.

I think it's in his nature to be agressive, but he knows the game can get out of hand quickly with our young, non-talented secondary. He isn't pulling the trigger in Free Agency and the Draft...the blame should go elsewhere.

Suprisingly to some of you, I don't think he is doing a terrible job.

PSHAW!!! I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that would lead me to believe that nonsense!

NO

BVG is mid PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of a total defensive rebuild, but at the same time

the secondary coaches have not instilled the nastiness that is required

from a DB.

That short coming is on the shoulders of BVG.

2010 is his last season with the Falcons.

If our D becomes a Top 5 then another team snaps him up.

If our D fails again he goes back to the NCAA

NO

BVG is mid PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of a total defensive rebuild, but at the same time

the secondary coaches have not instilled the nastiness that is required

from a DB.

That short coming is on the shoulders of BVG.

2010 is his last season with the Falcons.

If our D becomes a Top 5 then another team snaps him up.

If our D fails again he goes back to the NCAA

QFT and +1

I blame BVG for NOT GETTING THE MOST OUT OF WHAT HE HAS!

Injuries are something a good coach overcomes. Make adjustments to cover the weaknesses.

The BEND-DON'T-BREAK defense has us ranked last in the NFL!

Excuses will not win football games. Excuse him all you want, he is not as good a coach as your excuses make him out to be...

I said yes. His blitzes are pretty bad though. He needs to take some lessons on how to blitz(if only Jim Johnson was alive :(

This can't be all on BVG. The only guy on the DL that shows up week to week is Babs. The others are either doing nothing or very inconsistent. Pass rush is a must for us. Mike Peterson is a liability covering RBs and in coverage overall. If we keep him for next year, and are serious about him getting one of those OLB spots, then put the man at SLB, and get a fast, young WLB in FA or the draft. We will also get Jerry back next year and he did look promising for the time he played. He should help the pass rush, and hopefully that helps Abe too. I am not even gonna mention the CBs. <_< ...I also hope Moore comes on strong next year and wins the SS spot.

I said yes. His blitzes are pretty bad though. He needs to take some lessons on how to blitz(if only Jim Johnson was alive :(

This can't be all on BVG. The only guy on the DL that shows up week to week is Babs. The others are either doing nothing or very inconsistent. Pass rush is a must for us. Mike Peterson is a liability covering RBs and in coverage overall. If we keep him for next year, and are serious about him getting one of those OLB spots, then put the man at SLB, and get a fast, young WLB in FA or the draft. We will also get Jerry back next year and he did look promising for the time he played. He should help the pass rush, and hopefully that helps Abe too. I am not even gonna mention the CBs. <_< ...I also hope Moore comes on strong next year and wins the SS spot.

I do agree that getting Moore and Jerry will help and getting some FA and draft picks will help too, but if you dont know how to call a deceptive yet effective blitz then it we well need a Lawrence Taylor type of talent to get to the QB if teams know what we are doing from watching one game tape on our defense. Bottom line we need more talent on the field and on the sideline.

Don't like BVG, never liked BVG and don't ever see myself liking BVG. I see defenses with worse talent perform better than us. We have some talented guys on our defense, he just don't put those guys in situations where they would succeed.

I'm sick of watching him get outcoached, schemed and smarted every week. Our defense is embarrassing.

Don't like BVG, never liked BVG and don't ever see myself liking BVG. I see defenses with worse talent perform better than us. We have some talented guys on our defense, he just don't put those guys in situations where they would succeed.

I'm sick of watching him get outcoached, schemed and smarted every week. Our defense is embarrassing.

Here, here! :D

BVG coaches like he still thinks that he's at UGA. Evidently, he coaches as if he's still going against wet-behind-the-ears college kids.

People keep stating that he needs the "right people" for his scheme. That's not a good argument on his behalf. A good DC is supposed to make adjustments with what he has to work with and he's not good at that.

BVG coaches like he still thinks that he's at UGA. Evidently, he coaches as if he's still going against wet-behind-the-ears college kids.

People keep stating that he needs the "right people" for his scheme. That's not a good argument on his behalf. A good DC is supposed to make adjustments with what he has to work with and he's not good at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHksDFHTQI

Right, people kill me with the "wait until he gets more talent" stuff. Uhh we won't have all pros at every position so it's his job to put guys in the right position to succeed. I'd take Ed Donatell back in a heartbeat if I had to choose between him and BVG. :lol: