Season Perspective (Early)

Karst41

As some of you will recall, I was absolutely LIVID about our Corner Backs

starting back at the dress rehearsal (PS-G3).

I will leave my 0-9 Mock Draft out of the subject (for now)

Heading into the 09 season, our boys were faced with the 4th toughest schedule in the NFL.

Some contend that it is the 3rd toughest, but lets not squabble over that.

All being said and done thus far, we can all agree that our CB's and especially

Chris "Apollo 23 Houston "we have a problem" gave up far to many plays that

just hurt us.

However:

What none of us saw coming was the "Goat Fest 09" of one said Jason Elam.

To Goat Boy I contend that he cost us 2 count em 2 Games. (being fair)

As seemingly minor as a 3 point field goal represents, the truth and reality of a

Field Goal is that it changes the complexion of the Game.

Yesterday we saw the value of those field goals and they gave us an excellent chance

to win the game and We Let Them Off The Hook".

But for now lets take a look around the league and you will see that we are not quite as bad

as would seem, being that if we added back 2 Wins would would be right in the thick of it all.

Only 4 teams in the NFL are Dominating

AFC

Indy and San Diego

NFC

Nawlins and ViQueens

All other teams with the exception of the Bottom Dwellers

are all pretty much at 8 wins for the season to date.

But as the Crow Flys, we are what our W-L dictates.

Here is a link to a NFL Standings (yahoo)

http://sports.yahoo....nU8B2mYNOBDubYF

The point to all of this is that with a few savvy FA Signings and a few no miss draft

pick we should be in a much better position for 2010.

Ryan is a seperate discussion.

Cheers All

We could give all the excuses we want, terrible schedule (and I mean terrible beyond belief, you say we had the 4th toughest schedule I'll disagree with you and say we have THE toughest considering who we played coming off bye weeks and our home and road schedule) , injuries, poor officiating ... whatever.

The bottom line is we were competitive in every game we played except for 1 or 2 (Eagles and or Cowboys), and the execution of some key plays (missed field goals, bad play calling, dropped balls, bad throws, certain people not being able to play the ball in the air...) is the reason we're 6-7 and 2-6 in our last 8 games.

As for Ryan being a separate discussion, I think there is NO discussion about Matt Ryan. He has shown some great poise, decision making and accuracy at times but has also made some poor decisions and a couple bad throws which led to a few to many INTs. Still he is still 24 years old in his second year, all this is part of a learning curve. Every great quarterback in the history of this league has been through a slump.

Matt Ryan will be great.

We could give all the excuses we want, terrible schedule (and I mean terrible beyond belief, you say we had the 4th toughest schedule I'll disagree with you and say we have THE toughest considering who we played coming off bye weeks and our home and road schedule) , injuries, poor officiating ... whatever.

The bottom line is we were competitive in every game we played except for 1 or 2 (Eagles and or Cowboys), and the execution of some key plays (missed field goals, bad play calling, dropped balls, bad throws, certain people not being able to play the ball in the air...) is the reason we're 6-7 and 2-6 in our last 8 games.

As for Ryan being a separate discussion, I think there is NO discussion about Matt Ryan. He has shown some great poise, decision making and accuracy at times but has also made some poor decisions and a couple bad throws which led to a few to many INTs. Still he is still 24 years old in his second year, all this is part of a learning curve. Every great quarterback in the history of this league has been through a slump.

Matt Ryan will be great.

Great is Manning and Brady, Brees is on the way. It is far tooo soon to even think about mentioning Ryan.

Great is Manning and Brady, Brees is on the way. It is far tooo soon to even think about mentioning Ryan.

Wow,

That is a very provocative comment..

Brees showed Tons of potential in SD, and the OC and HC kept him

on the short leash due to their inability.

Now the guy has an HC/OC that has unleashed Brees ..

We know that Mike Smith is not going to get in the way of our Offense.