Worth flying in from Ireland for?

Wise Owl

So as some of you will have read I flew in from Ireland to see the game yesterday and while we lost it was an absolutely incredible experience. I was so worried that we would be destroyed with the team we had out and all the talk on the radio was that we could be looking at a record defeat and that some of our starting line up were "not NFL players". I had a sneaky feeling that we'd put in a big performance and the team didn't let me down. From the minute me and my fiance took our seats in the dome with our hot dogs and nachos until the end we had a blast (apart from the fighting in the crowd which I've mentioned in a separate thread). I was a little surprised to see so many empty seats and I think that if we had filled the stadium we would have won it but even still it was a great game and an experience I'll never forget.

The vast majority of fans on both sides were incredible. Really friendly and great fun to be around. Not something we're used to in Europe where fans don't usually mix too well.

If it wasn't for a couple of ridiculous calls and maybe a lack of balls at the end from redman ( a little harsh but fair I think) we would have won it.

I hope this shuts up the people who had replied to my original post telling me to sell my tickets.

Maybe next time the team is on their knees you try BUYING some tickets and going to the game. That's how teams get back on their feet.

I'll hopefully be back again next year when the team is a bit further down the line.

I really believe this team can go to the superbowl with ryan and turner. Maybe not with coach Smyth as I'm not sure he manages games that well under pressure but I do think the have the heart to have a big season next year if they play their cards right in the draft and free agency.

Thanks again to the guys (and kid) in section 205 for chanting "FIRST AND TEN, DO IT AGAIN!!" throughout the game, that was great. And the guy impersonating the officials and predicting all the decisions. Hats off my man, you called every one of them.

Take it easy,

Michael

I'm thrilled that the team put in that type of performance for a fan who came all the way across the Atlantic to see them.

Also, just out of curiosity, where do you live in Ireland? I have some family there ...

oh your irish! that makes so much sense now, you see im italian and our "people" dont get along very well? :P

I gotta respect wise owl, thats dedication. :)

So as some of you will have read I flew in from Ireland to see the game yesterday and while we lost it was an absolutely incredible experience. I was so worried that we would be destroyed with the team we had out and all the talk on the radio was that we could be looking at a record defeat and that some of our starting line up were "not NFL players". I had a sneaky feeling that we'd put in a big performance and the team didn't let me down. From the minute me and my fiance took our seats in the dome with our hot dogs and nachos until the end we had a blast (apart from the fighting in the crowd which I've mentioned in a separate thread). I was a little surprised to see so many empty seats and I think that if we had filled the stadium we would have won it but even still it was a great game and an experience I'll never forget.

The vast majority of fans on both sides were incredible. Really friendly and great fun to be around. Not something we're used to in Europe where fans don't usually mix too well.

If it wasn't for a couple of ridiculous calls and maybe a lack of balls at the end from redman ( a little harsh but fair I think) we would have won it.

I hope this shuts up the people who had replied to my original post telling me to sell my tickets.

Maybe next time the team is on their knees you try BUYING some tickets and going to the game. That's how teams get back on their feet.

I'll hopefully be back again next year when the team is a bit further down the line.

I really believe this team can go to the superbowl with ryan and turner. Maybe not with coach Smyth as I'm not sure he manages games that well under pressure but I do think the have the heart to have a big season next year if they play their cards right in the draft and free agency.

Thanks again to the guys (and kid) in section 205 for chanting "FIRST AND TEN, DO IT AGAIN!!" throughout the game, that was great. And the guy impersonating the officials and predicting all the decisions. Hats off my man, you called every one of them.

Take it easy,

Michael

Did you try any of the local beer?

oh your irish! that makes so much sense now, you see im italian and our "people" dont get along very well? :P

LMFAO. Yep, we've solved the mystery!! :)

I'm a Dublin Boy...

Two of my cousins live there. I visited them (and the city) for a few days when I was studying abroad in England in college. Absolutely loved Dublin.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

You come close to hitting the jackpot on this game. Of course a win would be the ultimate but a Saints - Falcons game are normally the most compelling on our schedule.

I`ll never forget my first Saints game in Atlanta. 1978. The Saints were in the playoff hunt for the first time in their history and their battlecry all year was "we believe".

Me and my father were sitting smack in the middle of 200 Saints fans and with them winning most the game it was tough going. That all changed on the almost last play of the game when I believe it was Jim Miller catching a TD pass right in front of us. The Saints fans were devastated and all me and my dad could yell was "WE BELIEVE".

The Falcons-Saints rivalry also gave birth to the first "Big Ben" play in the NFL where all your receivers line up on one side of the ball and run to the endzone in a last ditch desperation play. Its commonly refered to as a "Hail Mary" but its really "Big Ben".

The next classic between the two is just around the corner.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Every year JStammer organises a message board get together (normally for the 1st home game of the season), incluinig siney's infamous beer tour and a barbecue/get togteher on the saturday evening. I went along this year, and it was awesome not only to watch a game but to meet some of the great people from these boards.

If you intend to return to Atlanta to watch a game next year, I would stongly recommend joining the Message Board Get Together.

Who knows, with 2 games in London next year, we may also get a chance to watch the Falcs in London next year...