Imagine next year when the coaches open up the playbook for Ryan

thank you optimism and logic all in one post!!! and i was thinking the same thing but this board is so pitiful i can't stand everybody jumping ship and giving up on 9-7. nobody said it was going to be easy but neither did they say this wasn't the year so just chill

Whoa. If the coaches open up the playbook for Redman and not Ryan, what does that tell us? One of two things:

1. They trust that Redman can handle what Ryan can't, or

2. refer to #1.

If there's a #3, please let's discuss.

Of course they trust Redman more don't forget football is 90% mental and Ryan is only a second year player, and it usually takes a player 3 years to really learn the game.

Of course they trust Redman more don't forget football is 90% mental and Ryan is only a second year player, and it usually takes a player 3 years to really learn the game.

So if Redman's the smarter QB with, from what I seen today, similar or equal physical skills...why is he not the starter over Ryan, especially if the coaches trust him more?

Apparently redman is a decent back up, though you could have fooled me when redman played against the Eaglets. Obviously they are conditioning matt ryan for the future, exposing him now to all sorts of defenses and what not so they can condition him to be the elite franchise QB that we all know he could be. Obviously chris redman's has his chances in the NFL and he is decent, he could probably be a starter for some other team, the falcons should perhaps consider to see what they can get for him from a lesser team that might have a few bright spots on defense. Until ryan screws up horribly and pulls a jake delhomme when he comes back to play (if he comes back to play, if hes not 100% ready, they need to keep him out), ryans gonna be our guy and i will 100% support that. Chris Redman did decently, but Ryans our guy. I dont want it any other way. I dont want a Brees, Manning, or Brady, I want a Ryan.

is that the problem? The coaching staff hasn't "opened up the playbook" for Ryan yet? I would seriously be concerned if that were the case. 2 year starter and they are still babying him? haha awesome.

2002 - 60.8% / 3,284 Yards / 6.2 YPA / 17 TDs / 16 INTs / 76.9 QB Rating (16 Games / 8-8 Record)

2003 - 57.6% / 2,108 Yards / 5.9 YPA / 11 TDs / 15 INTs / 67.5 QB Rating (In 11 Games...Before getting BENCHED / 2-9 Record)

Total - 59.5% / 5,392 Yards / 6.1 YPA / 28 TDs / 31 INTs / 73.09 QB Rating (27 Games / 10-17 Record)

Now Guess Whos Stats those are for his 1st Two Years Starting in the NFL? Yep...Thats YOUR QB. Shall we compare his numbers to Ryan's 1st Two Years? How about their Record in their 1st Two Seasons? And Brees even had a whole season to ride the bench and Learn...Yet STILL Ryan did better...by FAR. Ryan at this point in his career is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY farther ahead of the ball than Brees (or most QBs for that matter) at the same point. So you are right...it IS awesome.

Don't you have anything better to do than troll another teams message board anyway? Will you be back when the Saints lose in the Playoffs and keep their pathetic total of Playoff Wins at 2?

Edited by Birdz 0f Prey

Whoa. If the coaches open up the playbook for Redman and not Ryan, what does that tell us? One of two things:

2. refer to #1.

Mularkey is an idiot is #3, and the most likely option after the ******** wildcat call and the extensively dumb notion of calling snelling's number 4 times at the goal line last week.

I did notice that Ryan was being put into really crappy situations earlier in the year. (no check downs, no screens, dumb max protect calls where only 2 receivers were out running routes) I figured that it might have something to do with, "THE PROCESS." But after seeing the stupid play calls for the past couple of weeks, I firmly believe that Mularkey has simply lost it... if he ever had it to begin with.

2. refer to #1.

If they trust Redman more why in the 3 games he has played, we have not allowed him to

call his own plays in the no-huddle?.. discuss

Edited by R13jd

So if Redman's the smarter QB with, from what I seen today, similar or equal physical skills...why is he not the starter over Ryan, especially if the coaches trust him more?

Because aruther had to give fans hope after the 07 season. We needed a new face for falcon football. Smith wanted Redman to start but Arthur pushed for Ryan. Redman won't start over Ryan just for that reason alone.

That's right. It seems Ryan is still stuck on "I don't want to mess up" mode. Mularkey or Coach Smitty needs to ensure to him that its okay to throw it down the field more.

To be fair Redman doesn't really have much to lose. He knows he'll probably never get a chance to start in this league and nobody is expecting him to win. He can basically let it all hang out.

If they trust Redman more why in the 3 games he has played, we have not allowed him to

call his own plays in the no-huddle?.. discuss

My conclusion that the coaches trust Redman more was based on the OP's statement that they have opened up the playbook for Redman and not Ryan yet. It's really the only logical conclusion and no-huddle playcalling really doesn't come into play. If you have another logical conclusion as to why the coaches have opened up the playbook more for Redman (as the OP suggests), please discuss.

its called mike mularky sux and hes trying to save his job.

Redman isn't near as good as ryan..we had nothing to lose this game and we threw it more. We need to lobby as fans for Mularky's resignation after this season, its our duty if we want to win anything next season.

He's the sinking hole in the ship, I swear.

My conclusion that the coaches trust Redman more was based on the OP's statement that they have opened up the playbook for Redman and not Ryan yet. It's really the only logical conclusion and no-huddle playcalling really doesn't come into play. If you have another logical conclusion as to why the coaches have opened up the playbook more for Redman (as the OP suggests), please discuss.

Your conclusion means exactly nothing because the OP has no clue what he is talking about. Basing an argument on idiocy is never the right way to go. ;)

Our coaches have mentioned this "opening up the playbook" myth quite a few times since they arrived in Atlanta. The people who still insist that there is some imaginary leash they have around Ryan's neck needs to watch our offensive formations and plays a bit more closely.

I understand people feel the need to point fingers. I understand people love to lay blame more than anything else in the world. However, in most cases, especially on this board, the blame is conjured out of their *** and the fingers are pointed in the wrong direction.