Redman vs Ryan

tone357

Anyone notice that Redman takes more shots deep than Ryan does? Ryan hardly ever attempts the deep balls, very frustrating.

Actually people were complaining about Redman not taking shots downfield until today but instead blamed Mularkey as if the WR's weren't actually downfield waiting on the ball. Knowing that the Saints can score really quick it was in the plans and probably on Redman's mind to take shots downfield as I am sure they prepared to be down by 3 scores.

Dude, I am definitely not a Ryan hater. Heck I want the guy to be the next Montna. With that being said, the Falcons would be a more dangerous team if we stretched defenses with deep balls on a regular basis.

In that case, yes we all realize it. That is the answer to the only question you asked. Have a good night.

Thats on Mularkey, not Ryan and Redman.

So you beleive that Mularky has more faith in Redman's deep throwing ablity than Ryan's. I don't think so. I've seen many oportunities for Ryan to go deep, he took the underneath instead. For you to be correct, Mularky would have to change the plays when Redman's playing. How likely is that?

So you beleive that Mularky has more faith in Redman's deep throwing ablity than Ryan's. I don't think so. I've seen many oportunities for Ryan to go deep, he took the underneath instead. For you to be correct, Mularky would have to change the plays when Redman's playing. How likely is that?

You are right. Ryan is scared to throw downfield. Now go to bed and sleep easy. You won an e-argument on the internet.

You are right. Ryan is scared to throw downfield. Now go to bed and sleep easy. You won an e-argument on the internet.

Well whatever in the world you do, don't actually think about what he's saying and see if it might be true.

To the OP;

On the surface it would seem that an OC MIGHT change the style of game he calls if the backup qb is forced to start. I would have thought the OC in question would try to give the backup guy shorter, quicker passes in order to get the ball out of his hands.

But if you really thik about it, the more risky throws ARE the shorter throws sometimes. I'm speaking about crossing routes, out patterns, and some quick slants. By letting the backup qb air it out down the field an OC would basically be putting the qb in a position to throw the ball into a situation where his receiver and a single db are the only ones with a legit play in the ball. Maybe that's a less risky strategy than asking the guy to make quick decisions and throw the ball on a dime to a receiver surrounded by multiple defensive players.

Well whatever in the world you do, don't actually think about what he's saying and see if it might be true.

To the OP;

On the surface it would seem that an OC MIGHT change the style of game he calls if the backup qb is forced to start. I would have thought the OC in question would try to give the backup guy shorter, quicker passes in order to get the ball out of his hands.

But if you really thik about it, the more risky throws ARE the shorter throws sometimes. I'm speaking about crossing routes, out patterns, and some quick slants. By letting the backup qb air it out down the field an OC would basically be putting the qb in a position to throw the ball into a situation where his receiver and a single db are the only ones with a legit play in the ball. Maybe that's a less risky strategy than asking the guy to make quick decisions and throw the ball on a dime to a receiver surrounded by multiple defensive players.

Actually, if you'll think back to when Redman was our starter, he often went deep. He has a nice deep ball. I think Ryan shys away from it. As previously stated, I'm not knocking the guy, it just seems to me that he should add the deep strike to his game. The difference is obvious.

Anyone notice that Redman takes more shots deep than Ryan does? Ryan hardly ever attempts the deep balls, very frustrating.

Redman took those shots because the receivers were wide open & N.O. was only rushing 4 guys, allowing the OL to give him time to look down field. He couldn't pull that off with Philly last week because they were bringing the pressure by blitzing. Also, our receivers were covered pretty good.