Dawg fans CMR has his man and some info regarding recruiting.

SacFalcFan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sac, if its after the bowl games, what does that tell you?

Here are the facts: brandon burrows said cmr told him it wouldn't be announced (dc) til the beginning of january. jakar hamilton said it wouldn't be announced til after bowl games. What it could mean is the coach they want to hire is in an impt bowl game and wants to wait til after the bowl game before it's announced. it could also mean the coach is currently in the nfl and wants to wait til the season is completed before coming to athens. CMR is patient. There is 1 more day of recruiting and then the dead period. CMR doesn't need to announce anything right now even if UGA fans want to know who it will be. I have faith in CMR that he will get it right.

Well I'm now content to just wait.

If Richt is waiting until January to announce our new DC, then logically that could only mean our guy is currently committed to an important bowl game or he's currently in the NFL.

I can't see any other logical explanations if recruits are saying they've been told it will be announced in January. Of course that leads to more rumors, but that's the nature of the beast. If we're waiting until then, we're more than likely waiting on a more than qualified individual. So I'm content to wait at this point.

I think BVG is on his way out of Atlanta... he'll be the scapegoat for the Falcons troubles on D. I know his name has been thrown around in the discussion, not that it has been based on any credible rumors... but he was more than solid the first go around. I'd be happy if he returned. I think he's worked out his "I don't know if I wanna do this" itis.

Well I'm now content to just wait.

If Richt is waiting until January to announce our new DC, then logically that could only mean our guy is currently committed to an important bowl game or he's currently in the NFL.

I can't see any other logical explanations if recruits are saying they've been told it will be announced in January. Of course that leads to more rumors, but that's the nature of the beast. If we're waiting until then, we're more than likely waiting on a more than qualified individual. So I'm content to wait at this point.

I think BVG is on his way out of Atlanta... he'll be the scapegoat for the Falcons troubles on D. I know his name has been thrown around in the discussion, not that it has been based on any credible rumors... but he was more than solid the first go around. I'd be happy if he returned. I think he's worked out his "I don't know if I wanna do this" itis.

I have a feeling BVG is coming back to UGA. I would not mind this for 2 reasons.

1. BVG was awesome when he was last at UGA. I believe he was Richts "heavy", the guy that put a foot up players buts when they got soft. I would bet he has learned a few new tricks at the NFL level, that he can bring down to the college level.

2. It means the Falcons will have no choice but to get a new DC. I dont like BVG in Atl. I think he is out of his league as a NFL DC. I would love for us to get Fox or Jauron. Fox would be awesome, cause he is a great defensive minded guy and he would be a big plus for us vs Car.

I have a feeling BVG is coming back to UGA. I would not mind this for 2 reasons.

1. BVG was awesome when he was last at UGA. I believe he was Richts "heavy", the guy that put a foot up players buts when they got soft. I would bet he has learned a few new tricks at the NFL level, that he can bring down to the college level.

2. It means the Falcons will have no choice but to get a new DC. I dont like BVG in Atl. I think he is out of his league as a NFL DC. I would love for us to get Fox or Jauron. Fox would be awesome, cause he is a great defensive minded guy and he would be a big plus for us vs Car.

I dont agree with part two. dude hasnt had time to implement his defense. and it has been shown before when we blitz we give up the big play. ( 3rd and 19 against the saints).

I dont agree with part two. dude hasnt had time to implement his defense. and it has been shown before when we blitz we give up the big play. ( 3rd and 19 against the saints).

I won't deny that. He truly is handicapped by our poor DB's and no pass rush from our front 4. I just don't like his blitz packages. They get picked up almost every time. They may work at the college level, but they don't in the NFL.

I won't deny that. He truly is handicapped by our poor DB's and no pass rush from our front 4. I just don't like his blitz packages. They get picked up almost every time. They may work at the college level, but they don't in the NFL.

i want to give him another year. his packages were a lot better in college. but the whole bend dont break is smith, and it is needed with our defense. i am sure with moore healthy, and a great draft from TD, then we will see a good defense.