Mike Smith

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not saying I disagree, but I would have gotten mad too @ that PI call today.

Mike Smith is the best coach we have seen in along time, for us true Falcon fans, since Dan Revees without a doubt. And as for his losing his temper its called being a competitor, no competitor likes to lose at anything!

I know he's popular around here. He was the coach of a great team last year. Seems like a great guy but I'm questioning his coaching skill. He's turned into almost a character who is just there for his players. Get's extremely animated and acts angry when calls don't go his way. It's getting old. Even with the brawl earlier this year. Sure it's nice to see him step outside of the typical coach's actions but I don't care what you say. It was immature. Add that to the all the dumb challenges and the obvious coaching problems this year and Mike Smith needs to step it up. We seem to be seeing the same problems over and over again too. That's a sign of bad coaching. Even if it is the coordinators he should be on it. Sorry but I see some flaws in Mike Smith's coaching and the angry crybaby act is getting old. It gets nothing accomplished and he should focus more energy on the team than these foolish tirades. Just a thought. Don't kill me.

He gets all huffy and puffy on the sideline, I can't stand it. Makes him look like a clown and doesn't represent the organization very well.

He isn't a good coach, we're seeing that now.

I know he's popular around here. He was the coach of a great team last year. Seems like a great guy but I'm questioning his coaching skill. He's turned into almost a character who is just there for his players. Get's extremely animated and acts angry when calls don't go his way. It's getting old. Even with the brawl earlier this year. Sure it's nice to see him step outside of the typical coach's actions but I don't care what you say. It was immature. Add that to the all the dumb challenges and the obvious coaching problems this year and Mike Smith needs to step it up. We seem to be seeing the same problems over and over again too. That's a sign of bad coaching. Even if it is the coordinators he should be on it. Sorry but I see some flaws in Mike Smith's coaching and the angry crybaby act is getting old. It gets nothing accomplished and he should focus more energy on the team than these foolish tirades. Just a thought. Don't kill me.

It's to early to be getting on coach Smith. He still has this team competing hard and all the players respect him. You have to remember we got rid of alot of vets. and not to mention all the injuries. Any coach would have a hard time with this situation. We got spoiled last year. Granted we lost alot of close games that we clearly could have won, but that is a sign of a young and inexperienced team. I love the fact that we are competitive in all these games and this season is getting the young guys valuable experice and building depth for next year when hopefully the injury bug is not near as bad. I think this team has a very bright future, and I think next year we will be winning these games we are giving away this year.

CMS is the best coach we've had since Reeves. He isn't, and shouldn't, be going anywhere.

He gets all huffy and puffy on the sideline, I can't stand it. Makes him look like a clown and doesn't represent the organization very well.

He isn't a good coach, we're seeing that now.

What would you rather have - the Art Shell face? The man cares about the game and the calls - and you fault him for it? Where is the logic in that?

Its been tough to get aggressive with play calling when we have been disrupted with injuries all year and I'm yet to hear MS use this as an excuse.I think even though we have been close in alot of games there is no give up in this years Falcons team they fight to the end.Even though we may well not reach expectations of last year I'm quietly confident in our coaching group and with a few additions in the off-season we'll be all the better.Remember after the 07 season we still have come along way from Falcons teams of the past so I still think with Ryan and Turner back we can still have a credible finish to the 09 season.

We just came off an embarrassing loss, we were without several of our best players, we were facing a team that is undefeated and we were in that game unless the last minute. I'd say he did a **** fine job of getting that team ready to play. They could have come out and rolled over from the kickoff but they didn't. We took a beat up roster in against an elite team and gave them all they could want and then some.

If several = 2 then you are correct. The rest of what you are saying are excuses.

It's his grapefruit and protein diet. Makes him agressive. Thomas Dimitroff got him on it in pre season to lose some weight. Too much protein makes the brain too lean and then you have fits and tantrums. You have to remember the brain is 90% fatty tissue.

That would be the medical aspect of it, but, he's facing a different schedule of teams they didn't play with new players and expanded schemes with players that brain farted alot this year. Heck Mother Teresa would have blown a gasket at some of the bonehead mistakes they made this year. Not to mention playing with back ups although he has to say he's confident in their ability to have a seamless transition from the regular players, just isn't so. Especially when it comes to the production on offense. Not that Ryan was doing a good job before his turf toe and Dahl's ankle.

What would you rather have - the Art Shell face? The man cares about the game and the calls - and you fault him for it? Where is the logic in that?

No but he looks like and arsehole, really makes himeself look bad. All huffy and puffy, it does no good.

Smith is bush league, when Blank hires a real HC is the time when this franchise will turn around. We're seeing what type of HC we have, a bumbling fool.

It's his grapefruit and protein diet. Makes him agressive. Thomas Dimitroff got him on it in pre season to lose some weight. Too much protein makes the brain too lean and then you have fits and tantrums. You have to remember the brain is 90% fatty tissue.

That would be the medical aspect of it, but, he's facing a different schedule of teams they didn't play with new players and expanded schemes with players that brain farted alot this year. Heck Mother Teresa would have blown a gasket at some of the bonehead mistakes they made this year. Not to mention playing with back ups although he has to say he's confident in their ability to have a seamless transition from the regular players, just isn't so. Especially when it comes to the production on offense. Not that Ryan was doing a good job before his turf toe and Dahl's ankle.

See, I was with you up until this part of your post.

That 2nd half that Ryan had against the Giants was pretty nice.

There was every reason in the world to believe that Ryan was coming out of his slump when he got hurt.

If it's genuine, doesn't get us flagged and doesn't cause Smith to lose focus I don't really have a problem with it.

I agree. I think Smith is the most together coach we've had in some time maybe ever. He'll get it figured out, and there's no doubt in my mind about that. Give him some time... At least another year or 2 before you write him off.

I agree. I think Smith is the most together coach we've had in some time maybe ever. He'll get it figured out, and there's no doubt in my mind about that. Give him some time... At least another year or 2 before you write him off.

Smith reminds me a whole lot of Jim Haslett. He needs to work on his temper before he costs his team a game due to a technical penalty. Slaming headsets and dropping f bombs at the refs will do that for you.

I have been a Falcon fan for 33 years win or lose. I think we have the right coach in here for us. I don't think we have the best in the other coaching areas. I personally don't like Mike Mularkey's play calling. We have had njuries that have hurt us no doubt, but the problems were happening before the Ryan and Dahl and Turner injuries.There are several players on this team who I personally think should not be playing for us, I think we can do better. We are entitled to our opinions so I hope you don't bash me to much. I love my Falcons and I will always support them, but if you can't play to earn your salary then you shouldn't be here for this team.

I love his passion. At one time it was seen as " having his teams back". I still see it that way. Keep breaking headphones Coach. And keep talking about mothers and trucks. It was great!

Yes !!! I love the way he has fire for this team. I like his energy. And all the talk of the Mother Truckers is good stuff, I say keep it up !!

If it's genuine, doesn't get us flagged and doesn't cause Smith to lose focus I don't really have a problem with it.

Ok, I understand the words you have used here, but the way you put them together resembles a Jenga game just before it falls. I mean, come on...really? Todally being honest here. What the ... is this Sara Palin? Sara, is that you?