• Mike Mularkey
    • Brin Van Gorder
    • Both of them
    • Year 2 in rebuilding process ..neither

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mularkey, without a doubt. at least BVG;'s excuse is that he doesnt have the talent on the defensive side of the ball. on offense, we have butt loads of talent. Ryan, Turner, Gonzo, Norwood etc. there is no excuse to not have a good-great offense with that kind of talent. yea i know we didnt have some of our play makers today, but we had Ryan/Turner in the beginning of the year and our offense still couldnt do anything. mularkey has to go. NOW

Van Gorder without a doubt, 28 rank defense. Enough said. At least with that bum Murk, we still avg about 23 points per game when Matt Ryan was playing but we've been garbage on defense since the start of the season.

Thank you. Nice to see he's winning among the people who actually voted w/some thought and intelligence. Both of them is a BS vote. I would be VERY surprised if Mularkey got fired. He's not as bad as some are saying. Questionable at times? Yes. But not sure how much better anyone else could do w/some of the teams we were up against this year.

BVG on the other hand.... I tried to give him benefit of a doubt. I really did. Especially after the first couple games this year. But even though he's limited w/the talent he has to work with, I see no creativity in using what he's got. We need some more Defensive playmakers. But it wouldn't hurt to have a guy who is more aggressive and can confuse offenses either. I just don't see it in him.

I have been wanting the 3/4 scheme for the longest ..I pray we do this

Me too. i sort of passed it off last year with JA55 playing at a high level, and his not liking the 3-4, but screw it now. something major needs to happen 3-4, 46, i dont care what, but what we have now just isnt working, and hasent worked, for a long time.

Me too. i sort of passed it off last year with JA55 playing at a high level, and his not liking the 3-4, but screw it now. something major needs to happen 3-4, 46, i dont care what, but what we have now just isnt working, and hasent worked, for a long time.

We can get a guy like Rochard Seymour in F/A and draft a guy like Cody ..and we use Babs/Jerry as DE

Far too many "knee jerk, reactionary" fans here. The team has been eaten alive by injuries, it's the 2nd year of a reconstruction project that just about any decent fan here would have said should take 3-4 years prior to last season. And because we caught lightning in a bottle last year we now should scrap the thing and start over again.

And you wonder why Atlanta has NEVER had a consistent winner?????????? Now that's laughable.

Neither.

You all are still smarting from the loss. We will be a better team next year.

:rolleyes: End Around 4th quarter from the Wildcat, 5 wr set bunch on 4th and 2 instead of keeping the spread looking for the one on one opportunity

BVG and Brees must be brothers because the amount of time he had in the pocket at times was absolutely unreal

I can deal with BVG's scheme sometimes, sometimes it works, the problem is it does not correlate with Mularkeys

And Mularkey gets the big head and thinks he is a genius and starts calling unnecessary plays same thing he did in PIT that got him fired

Conclusion, Mularkey needs to go, bring in Charlie Weis please Dimitroff, if you read one topic and one reply ever, please bring in Weis.

Seriously, Knee Jerk and Reactionary. If anything, this game PROVES these 2 coordinators should STAY.

A knee jerk reaction would be a reaction to an action that just happen, instantaneously.

Hello? we are now 6-7 there is nothing instantaneous about some of the things that are consistently happening every week

Far too many "knee jerk, reactionary" fans here. The team has been eaten alive by injuries, it's the 2nd year of a reconstruction project that just about any decent fan here would have said should take 3-4 years prior to last season. And because we caught lightning in a bottle last year we now should scrap the thing and start over again.

And you wonder why Atlanta has NEVER had a consistent winner?????????? Now that's laughable.

All that sounds good, but when you have an OC calling plays like that that's been in the league for so long, also

as a HC, that's not acceptable. And I never understood the BVG hire for DC anyway.

I have been wanting the 3/4 scheme for the longest ..I pray we do this

Me too, but they'll need to get bigger on the front 3. Beirmann if he can adjust would make a good LB, Sidbury could play end if he gains a few more pounds JA98 won't make it, JA55 probably won't fit into it. Davis can play an end, he's got size and has been in the league long enough to have experience. Babs could adjust as an end, if he get's off the drug charges. A need is a run stuffer with mass and strength, Jerry would have to get bigger and that may slow him down or add to his injury list... They'll need Minnesota type players that can push the Oline back or beat them with strength and speed. And a new DC that can teach the 3/4.

i think they are both good b/c they don't change their game plan. face it guys we knew our defense was gonna be weak, especially after everyone we added but mike peterson is out for the season. i really liked our defense at the start of the season williams was dominant in the red zone and houston and grimes split time so qb's really had to adjust. peria was playing well but when we lost those guys, though i think deCoud worked out well. again this year our only impact player is abe and he is not beating double coverage. i think we could be solid with 1 more great player. bvg is solid but our guys are'nt getting pressure so our corners are running receivers down. you give up big plays when thet happens. so we just gotta beef up.

Me too, but they'll need to get bigger on the front 3. Beirmann if he can adjust would make a good LB, JA98 won't make it, JA55 probably won't fit into it. Davis can play an end, he's got size and has been in the league long enough to have experience. Babs could adjust as an end, if he get's off the drug charges. A need is a run stuffer with mass and strength. They'll need Minnesota type players that can push the Oline back or beat them with strength and speed.

We can draft a guy like Cody to man the middle ...and get Richard Seymour in Free agency and were set