Rotoworld takes shot at Smith and his injury games

FalconsMyLife

Matt Ryan (toe) and Michael Turner (ankle) both missed practice Friday and are listed as questionable for Week 14.

They'd probably be listed as "doubtful" if the Falcons were transparent about injury situations. Ryan did some work in Friday's pre-practice walkthrough and has a long shot's chance of playing Sunday against New Orleans, although it's unlikely. Turner couldn't even take any pre-practice reps. Look for Jerious Norwood to start at tailback and share work with Jason Snelling.

When will his games be dealt with by the league? Smith is such a dingleberry with this injury nonsense, everyone knows Ryan and Turner aren't playing but this clown lies throughout the week to try and gain some tiny advantage.

It's desperate, foolish, and Smith looks like a bubmling fool now that the team is crumbling.

Smith has been making some bad mistakes with decisions etc. Also by keeping the secondary coaches with no changes. If he doesn't make some major changes this off-season, he will lose favor with me.

Last year was easy for everyone, now Smith's dumb decisions are coming back to bite him.

He's a low budget coach, I hope BLank cleans house and bring in someone experienced.

Last year was easy for everyone, now Smith's dumb decisions are coming back to bite him.

He's a low budget coach, I hope BLank cleans house and bring in someone experienced.

Like somany on this Forum you are clueless as to what has been going on behind the scenes this year.

It has not been pretty.

But as you say; there will be some house cleaning at the end of the season regarding the coaching staff.

You have to cut the dead limbs and do some pruning for proper growth.

Tom Brady is on the Patriots injury report EVERY SINGLE WEEK!.......how Mike Smith handles the injury report says NOTHING about him as a coach in reality....PROFESSIONAL football teams gameplan for a variety of contingencies every week....regardless of the opponent's injury report deceptions....just sayin'.......football,yo.

If You can force a team to gameplan for two instead of one it makes it more difficult. You never show Your hand, They also could be making injuries seem worse so a team doubts a player will be in, This means they do not have a full plan to stop that player. Football is not just people smashing into eachother and tackles, It's like chess behind the scenes.

Matt Ryan (toe) and Michael Turner (ankle) both missed practice Friday and are listed as questionable for Week 14.

They'd probably be listed as "doubtful" if the Falcons were transparent about injury situations. Ryan did some work in Friday's pre-practice walkthrough and has a long shot's chance of playing Sunday against New Orleans, although it's unlikely. Turner couldn't even take any pre-practice reps. Look for Jerious Norwood to start at tailback and share work with Jason Snelling.

When will his games be dealt with by the league? Smith is such a dingleberry with this injury nonsense, everyone knows Ryan and Turner aren't playing but this clown lies throughout the week to try and gain some tiny advantage.

It's desperate, foolish, and Smith looks like a bubmling fool now that the team is crumbling.

'dingleberry'???

Just about every Team has done this man, Even the Saints, in 2007 there were lots of times we didn't know who the **** was really injured or playing the next sunday, Fans still showed up to the games but i can see how it could definately hurt ticket sells if Coaches play the Injury game and say certain Big time starters wont play, People aren't gonna buy tickets to games they know for sure if their team game makers aren't in there it's a definite loss will happen, When Fans start really reacting to the Injury noise pollution thats when the Coaches will stop these Stupid college games..

For now, I think most NFL Coaches has done this at some point in their career.

If You can force a team to gameplan for two instead of one it makes it more difficult. You never show Your hand, They also could be making injuries seem worse so a team doubts a player will be in, This means they do not have a full plan to stop that player. Football is not just people smashing into eachother and tackles, It's like chess behind the scenes.

Agreed. Smitty isn't going to divulge anymore about his players condition than he is absolutely obligated to do so. Why should he? Why is his handling of the injury report a big deal to anyone? It isn't except to the media and obviously disgruntled fans.

For the majority of us, it's a non issue.

Coach Smith is actually doing the smartest thing he could do: Holding out hope that Ryan or Turner plays and not count them out or by diminishing our home field advantage by calling them out and ticket holders selling their seats to Aints fans or simply not showing up.

Wow... I can't believe some of the regular posters on this board are actually agreeing with this window licker of an OP.

Nob... What decisions are you speaking of? The ONLY thing that comes to mind for me is the lack of going out and getting better depth at CB. BUT in his defense we went and got Williams, he just got hurt. We picked up Tye Hill, he just hasn't developed. Injuries have killed us this year and you can't expect Smith to have the depth he would like at this point in time.

Can you say Belichick?

Wow... I can't believe some of the regular posters on this board are actually agreeing with this window licker of an OP.

Nob... What decisions are you speaking of? The ONLY thing that comes to mind for me is the lack of going out and getting better depth at CB. BUT in his defense we went and got Williams, he just got hurt. We picked up Tye Hill, he just hasn't developed. Injuries have killed us this year and you can't expect Smith to have the depth he would like at this point in time.

There are some who think Smitty should drain the bench for the **** of it because our starting DBs aren't playing up to desired levels. Do you honestly think that I'd tell Jessica Alba to stay home tonight because she stumbled when we danced last week, so I'm taking Rosie O'Donnell out instead?