Verizon Droid

Goodoleboy58

I'd like to know as well. Before release, I was reading up on this a lot. I like everything I read about it. The biggest knock I had heard, was people with bigger fingers, hitting the wrong keys, but that it was easy to get used to. This is something I'm planning on picking up at the beginning of the year.

I have a Droid got it the day it came out and I love it. The keyboard is nice but I don't think I've ever used it, the predictive typing on screen is so good you don't need the keyboard. The screen is very sharp, fully customizable desktop...LOUD speakers. My internet browsing in 3G hauls ***, I do all of my banking on it and it is flawless, never a glitch. The GPS is great and I downloaded an app that if someone steals it and takes the sim card out and turns it off it will still track it and I can get the address it is at on my PC. The camera is ok...you'd definitely want the "advanced app killer" app, it's kind of like the control panel on your pc and allows you to turn off all running processes that you want at one time....I can't think of one thing I don't like about it...droidESPN app is a dream, 15 ESPN stations

If you have any specific questions just ask

And I like jon4lakers most of the time but he is a iphone lap dog. There are things on the Droid that make my friends with iPhones just sick

I have a Droid got it the day it came out and I love it. The keyboard is nice but I don't think I've ever used it, the predictive typing on screen is so good you don't need the keyboard. The screen is very sharp, fully customizable desktop...LOUD speakers. My internet browsing in 3G hauls ***, I do all of my banking on it and it is flawless, never a glitch. The GPS is great and I downloaded an app that if someone steals it and takes the sim card out and turns it off it will still track it and I can get the address it is at on my PC. The camera is ok...you'd definitely want the "advanced app killer" app, it's kind of like the control panel on your pc and allows you to turn off all running processes that you want at one time....I can't think of one thing I don't like about it...droidESPN app is a dream, 15 ESPN stations

And I like jon4lakers most of the time but he is a iphone lap dog. There are things on the Droid that make my friends with iPhones just sick

good review. i dont like the driod, but i have said before to other friends that android is the future. I am wondering what apple will do, since they OS is outdated.

thanks for the response!

I heard that you have to get the internet package as well that tacks another 30 dollars a month on to the data package you already have to have that is another 20 dollars a month... Is this true?

IMHO, the first suggestion for you is that you visit the Verizon site and see what the Droid requirements are in reality, instead of working off of what 'you hear...' You'll then be dealing in facts and not speculation.

In short: you will need a single voice plan and a single data plan--you will find details on the website and/or you can contact their customer service team and discuss the various options, etc. and get a pretty good idea of the costs.

I've had a Verizon HTC Eris Droid for about three weeks and it's terrific, for all of the reasons noted by others here. The HTC Driod Eris felt better in my hand (more solid and smooth) and I frankly didn't care for the slide-out keyboard on the Motorola version. The conventional wisdom is that the apps can drain your battery life faster than you'd like; however, there are many free apps out there for download to help you selectively shut down anything you don't want running in the background.

The Droid also works exceptionally well as a phone, in addition to all of the great Google-based droid features/apps noted by others.

I purchased my Droid on line and received a $100 credit immediately off of the purchase price (without having to complete any rebate paperwork which would have been required if I purchased in a VZ store). I also got a nice discount as a VZ customer as part of their 'new every two' phone replacement program, which brought my cost down to $49. This is not a typo-it was $49 with a 2-year contract renewal.

I received the phone via overnight FedEx shipment and setup/activation was simple and it was easy to download my contacts from my previous VZ phone, since I had them backed up to the VZ server. I simply saved the file as a 'CSV' file on my PC and then imported it into my phone. Saved the hassle of keying in all of the contact data all over again. The instructions for this are on the site and if you need assistance their CSR's will walk you through the process.

Best of luck--my bet is that you'll like the Droid as much as the rest of us...it's a very cool new toy!

not sure about the droid, since i never used it, but have only one thing i hate about andriod compared to the iphone. no pinch and zoom. i used the g1 and my touch, and the whole zoom button sucked.

id check out youtube.com/jon4lakers review and comparison. he compares it to the Iphone.

Sorry, but you're wrong about pinch and zoom: I do it on my Droid all the time when I'm using the browser.

Sorry, but you're wrong about pinch and zoom: I do it on my Droid all the time when I'm using the browser.

i thought that was only euro anriods that can pinch and zoom.

jon4lakers video proves it. no multi touch on driod.

article showing how to get multitouch, but drio browser does not allow multitouch.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/183390/android_answers_how_to_get_multitouch_browsing_on_droid.html

Edited by Anonymous

Droid is running android 2.0 which has that feature on it. All other android phones unless they are rooted and running a custom ROM, dont have the ability. I have a MT3G and will probably root my phone when i have off for Christmas holiday.

i thought that was only euro anriods that can pinch and zoom.

jon4lakers video proves it. no multi touch on driod.

article showing how to get multitouch, but drio browser does not allow multitouch.

http://www.pcworld.c...g_on_droid.html

Droid is running android 2.0 which has that feature on it. All other android phones unless they are rooted and running a custom ROM, dont have the ability. I have a MT3G and will probably root my phone when i have off for Christmas holiday.

Must be an older UTube video that you believed 'proved it' , it's certainly a version that is pre Android 2.0 because I pinch and zoom all the time with my Eris Droid.

CNET Review: HTC Eris Droid

Really. Honestly. I'm not kidding. I wouldn't make this up!rolleyes.gif

Must be an older UTube video that you believed 'proved it' , it's certainly a version that is pre Android 2.0 because I pinch and zoom all the time with my Eris Droid.

Here's a short piece directly from the Users Manual:

Pinch

For some applications, like Albums or Browser, you can “pinch” the

screen using 2 fingers (for example, thumb and index fingers) to zoom

in or zoom out when viewing a picture or a webpage.

Really. Honestly. I'm not kidding. I wouldn't make this up!rolleyes.gif

video is from lauch. maybe 2.0 fixed it, but you used to not be able to pinch and zoom. I know some apps you can, but i was talking strictly browser.

do you have the app xScope?

I really do not care if you are making it up or not. im not the one getting th phone.

video is from lauch. maybe 2.0 fixed it, but you used to not be able to pinch and zoom. I know some apps you can, but i was talking strictly browser.

do you have the app xScope?

I really do not care if you are making it up or not. im not the one getting th phone.

Pinch and zoom works with the browser, as noted in CNET video. I don't have the xScope app.

No worries, my friend: you were only reporting from the information you had available and we're both trying to help the OP with his phone decision.

IMHO, the phone is excellent and more than worth the $49 I spent for it!

Pinch and zoom works with the browser, as noted in CNET video. I don't have the xScope app.

No worries, my friend: you were only reporting from the information you had available and we're both trying to help the OP with his phone decision.

IMHO, the phone is excellent and more than worth the $49 I spent for it!

andriod is going to be the winmo of the 90s.

is that why its 30 bucks extra a month :o

nope that is because major companies like att an verizon like to overcharge, but honestly how much i use my iphone i get me use out of it.

tmobile is good on price, but ****** on 3g coverage. tmo and att will be rolling out with LTE in 2 years, and tmo while good with prices will be stuck with 3g.