Okay new name for UGA's DC.. VT fans please visit.

SacFalcFan

A rumor: Per the guy who runs Noleinsider and another 5 sites, Bud Foster will be the next DC for UGA. He is the same guy who broke the Mark Stoops to FSU. We do know Bud did talk to fsu about their job. His name was in the list. FWIW.. I believe we find out this weekend. If not then cmr will wait for january.

Oh man I would be ridiculously pumped if Bud Foster became our DC. I thought it could only be a pipe dream. Then again, it is just another rumor at this point.

But yeah, I would think it would have to be a pretty penny spent to get Foster away from Virginia Tech as a DC. He's been putting himself out there for head coaching opportunities.

We can dream, but if it hapens, it'd be great. He would be an absolutly awesome choice, and better than Kirby in my opinion. The rumor makes sense in that Richt has an inclination to hire people he knows or has coached against.

On the flip side, I would be pretty disappointed if he does not come on (now that the rumor is out). After Smart staying at Alabama, and Steele's defense not playing that well, I'm not sure how many great options we have left. Stoops would have been great but is now gone. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Dawgy

He was a big prospect for us to. I was excited about him. He would be a great addition for sure.

Yep he was and he contacted fsu showing his interest. you guys got a great hire as well, but if uga could land foster (which i doubt, but i had to post what i read) that would be the home run hire most fans want.

I've heard of Foster, of course, and would be shocked if he came to UGA but since the rumor is out there I did some research on him and the one thing that sticks out -- even more than the stats, which are pretty darn incredible in and of themselves given what we've had the last few years -- is that he is a tremendous motivator, which is something CWM never was. I think he'd be a stellar addition to UGA.

no connection to Mark Richt, so i doubt it is legit.

Wrong.... we played them in the Chick Fil-a bowl and CMR prepared againt his defense. Just fyi-- that was the same justification CMR gave for bringing in Van Gorder whom (I believe) he did not know, but had played against- once I think.

Still pretty unlikely though-- Bud Foster has everything going for him at VT

Edited by Dawgy

Wrong.... we played them in the Chick Fil-a bowl and CMR prepared againt his defense. Just fyi-- theat was the same justification CMR gave for bringing in Van Gorder whom (I believe) he did not know, but had played against.

Still pretty unlikely though-- Bud Foster has everything going for him at VT

wow one bowl game? seems weird. also that was the game CMR gave the reins to bobo, so i wouldnt say he prepared them. also only way i see bud coming here is if the hot seat for beamer gets hotter.

if we get him ill be ecstatic.

Edited by Anonymous

wow one bowl game? seems weird. also that was the game CMR gave the reins to bobo, so i wouldnt say he prepared them. also only way i see bud coming here is if the hot seat for beamer gets hotter.

if we get him ill be ecstatic.

actually cmr knows bud pretty good.. they had the virginia tech defensive coaches in this past offseason to talk with them about defending georgia tech and virgina tech had some questions regarding bama.. i do agree i don't believe we get bud..

actually cmr knows bud pretty good.. they had the virginia tech defensive coaches in this past offseason to talk with them about defending georgia tech and virgina tech had some questions regarding bama.. i do agree i don't believe we get bud..

i guess our advice sucked. i dont think we get him, but the rumor does not surprise me. beamer is getting int the hot seat with stinestring as his oc.

well i have a few uga guys who have said bud is definately in play here and they aren't going after the info I found. so who knows..

i could see why he wants the come. under beamer the dude has not gotten much recognition. with his stats you would think he would be number one on many list to be HC, atleast on their scope.

he reminds me of Kirby Smart. they are good coords hidden behind a great hc who get the credit.