STH Renewal Time

Capitalist

Wow...

Just got email with renewal info...

1. Coming off worse home loss in recent memory...

2. Fans in Falcons jerseys were cheering the other teams TD's...

3. One of the highly paid defensive players gets arrested...

4. An undefeated team is coming in the house, and we are missing bunches of starters...

I know they want the money early again... But they should probably waited until we beat the Bucs or Bills... Something...

My STH customer Service Rep may be a nice person. But I have 6 tickets, and when I asked for one favor this year... I got zilcho for help...

How do I stay inspired...?

My package went up $640.00, and when I called they said it was because of the demand for that section. The three seats next to me have been empty for every game the last two years, not kidding one bit! They also said "well if you watched the game yesterday, you saw that we played a great game". Hooray for 2nd place for one **** day. We are 6 and freaking 7 and won't have a winning season. Honest to Gad, I am big supporter, but a 33% increase is a bitter F'ing pill to swallow after this disappointing season. I am pretty torn right now, but I am pretty sure I am dropping my seats, and after this big of an FU maybe the team to boot.

It won't be long before someone posts here "good riddance" and "you're lucky to have tickets, quit whining" but I'm going to say now, right here: I've been doing this for 25 seasons, and driving 400 miles round trip. With Gas and food, it's a 14 hour day plus at least $300.00 per game with gas and food each and every time, so I feel I've earned the right to b%*tch and complain.

Rhourk, Stretch: There might have been a time when I would have questioned your heart, but in this economy and with the rear ending we keep getting from Arthur and Rich, hitting some with massive price increases and keeping others safe, losing more than winning, cutting perk after perk, dulling down the game day experience and hitting us at Christmas on top of it all.......

I'm staying in as long as I can afford it, but those who have had enough, I can't speak against your decisions. You can only afford to do what you can afford to do.

They also said "well if you watched the game yesterday, you saw that we played a great game".

I would respect them more if they told us it is what it is, pay up or shut up, but the way they tote the corporate line and ram us with a smile just burns me. I get why they have to package that, but still, don't take us for dummies

The "demand" response is exactly what I would have suspected...

The Falcons are(have been)gathering ticket demand info from Stubhub last year and Ticket Exchange this year... Couple that with the knowledge of which season tickets sell more slowly. And you have the current pricing...

If your prices went down and you never sell any extra tickets... Be happy

If your prices went up... Be sad times two... You pay more to go, and if you sell, you make less....

If your price stayed the same... Demand is mixed in your area...

Expect that future prices will be data/demand driven and will have almost nothing to do with performance... Performance will be "spun" by the PR/Ticket office to try and keep STH's encouraged... (like the video STH's got of a 6-7 team "moving forward")

FYI... I am keeping my tickets... I love the whole atmosphere too much to let a mediocre season and some Vick lovers hold me back...

It was just a shocker the day I received my renewal package and I posted the same day.

I'll probably end up keeping one section the same, paying the extra price, and relocate the other pair to another section. That way I can enjoy my team and still invite or move the other pair when needed.

Go Falcons!

I agree that it is horrible timing on their part. I also hate the fact that they require payment so far in advance. I am going to cancel my tickets. If I change my mind, I can call them up 3 days before the season and get the same seats or better seats easily. That way I don't have to float the Falcons a $3,300 loan for 8 months.

I agree that it is horrible timing on their part. I also hate the fact that they require payment so far in advance. I am going to cancel my tickets. If I change my mind, I can call them up 3 days before the season and get the same seats or better seats easily. That way I don't have to float the Falcons a $3,300 loan for 8 months.

December isn't that early, many NFL teams use the same practice and at least the Falcons offer different payment plans, that was something we asked for and we got. Many teams require full payment upfront. They're not perfect by any stretch of imagination but the Falcons are far from the worst team to deal with in the NFL.

December isn't that early, many NFL teams use the same practice and at least the Falcons offer different payment plans, that was something we asked for and we got. Many teams require full payment upfront. They're not perfect by any stretch of imagination but the Falcons are far from the worst team to deal with in the NFL.

Ok, but why would I give the Falcons $3300 now when I can wait until the middle of August and get the exact same thing for my $3300?

That would just be bad business on my part, especially since demand for the product is dropping off dramatically. It's been extremely difficult to find buyers for tickets this year.

I just got mine in the mail today.

In 2002 I got my seats in section 132 for $36 per game. Every year since then has been a dramatic increase.

This year, my ticket prices are $120 per game. The price almost quadrupling.

I love the Falcons, but I can no longer justify paying these price increases. I have been struggling to pay for these tickets for the last few years, and finally I just can no longer do it. Yes, I could move to a cheaper section, but as someone who has handicapped seating, the selection of available seats is scarce, and often times the view can be really bad. It makes me sick to my stomach to have to cancel my tickets, but with the economy being what it is currently, and tickets being well out of my price range now, I have no choice.

Good or bad, I will always support the Falcons. But, it looks like I will be doing it from home now, and hopefully the games aren't blacked out. I'll be calling my representative tomorrow to tell him why I am declining. I doubt he cares in the slightest, but I am going to call anyway.

It's been extremely difficult to find buyers for tickets this year.

One of my sections was very easy to move. I sold the entire season and ended up with $1,200. It took time to make such a good profit because of the Saints doing so well, Philly signing Vick, but overall I was surprised they sold so easily. I called the Falcons to ask if my section was sold out and they said it had been for months and so was the surrounding sections. I guess that helped!

With my other pair I sold the games I was unable to attend for $100, so at cost, and people got out of ticketmaster fees. I still made some because of the discount we received at that time (that we no longer receive).

Edited by Stretch

Ok, but why would I give the Falcons $3300 now when I can wait until the middle of August and get the exact same thing for my $3300?

That would just be bad business on my part, especially since demand for the product is dropping off dramatically. It's been extremely difficult to find buyers for tickets this year.

By waiting until August you don't have to pay for those worthless preseason games.

By waiting until August you don't have to pay for those worthless preseason games.

That is an excellent point. I am going to cancel and wait even longer than I did last year to get tickets, if I get them.

But do they still give you the season ticket price after the preseason games are over?

Edited by Peyton

Most of us USE the tickets and don't have to worry about that. But when I've had to I sold 2 tickets to the Eagles game for $500 total or 5X value of my tickets. The money I spend on season tickets doesn't come even close to $3,300 but I'm fiscally responsible enough where it doesn't matter when I give them my money each year. Half in January and half in June really isn't a big deal.

Most of us USE the tickets and don't have to worry about that. But when I've had to I sold 2 tickets to the Eagles game for $500 total or 5X value of my tickets. The money I spend on season tickets doesn't come even close to $3,300 but I'm fiscally responsible enough where it doesn't matter when I give them my money each year. Half in January and half in June really isn't a big deal.

Yeah well I am happy for the people who don't live 500 miles away like myself and can go to the game every week. Unfortunately I'm not able to. I guess I'm just not cut out to own these 5 seats. No biggie.

Why by season tickets at all? Single tickets seem like the way to go in that case.

Well I used to by them because they were so affordable, and I enjoyed giving them away to my family and friends in Atlanta.

This year, just poor decision making on my part probably. I was excited, I thought the team was going to be great, I really did.