The Defense has been a let down this year

84White32Quizz

Lets think about it. We have a rookie CB starting in Owens, a 2nd year S in Decoud and its Houston what 3rd year. So we are really young in the secondary. 2 of those yong men will be around for years, Owens and Decoud. Decoud has played better than I thought he could, and Owens has been fun to watch these last 2 games. Hast really given up many passes and tackles.

I think William Moore sitting out a year has actually helped him. With a year of learning and studying game film the mistakes he will make will be few. We all love the way he hits and has range.

Now Houston man I have been pulling for him and I still think a better pass rush will make him more comfortable while covering

So out of the Secondary I believe Ownens, Decoud, and Moore will be starting next year. And we wil address the other CB position in the 1st rd. of the Draft. But I dont believe Coleman will be back. Not because of his play but we need to get more playing. Weve gotten younger now we need to develope the young players

The Linebackers. Lofton is ofcourse the future and I am very comfortable with Nicholas. But Mikey P is old. And while I love his fire and passion I think some how we will package a player or 2 off to get into the second rd. and take a LB and let Mikey P play here 1 more season. I think Snelling and Coleman and maybe Babs could be delt.

Defensive Line. Abe needs to go. Aging and has done nothing for this D. Jerry is the future, as well as Sid, and Kroy. Jam will be in Atlanta because he can play the run, and does it well. But I do think that Coach smith wants to get bigger at DT and thats why I think Babs could be traded. Vance will start down the road, but for now I think we might grab a big DT in free agency.

So while we are playing not so great football on the defensive side. 1 full year for all these young players is great and that was this year. Decoud a full year starting can only get better. Owens is seeing valuable time at CB and gaining experience. Moore out this year but is learning. NIchoals will have a full year under his belt. Lofton will get better and better. And Jerry will make this team so much better. SId and Kroy are going to be Huge for this team. Kroy is Patrick Kerney and Sid is a younger faster Abe.

So times are rough now but trust me next year will actually be the year the D will break out.

This defense needs a COMPLETE overhaul after this season, from the top down.

I still think that youth has played such a major part in our struggles this year. On this D right now I think Jerry, Sid, Kroy, Owens, Decoud, Moore, Lofton, and Nicholas could start next year. Thats 8 of the 11 starters on D right there. I believe Mikey P will be in Atlanta 1 more year and we will grab a DT in free agency. So that leaves us with 1 CB spot to take care of and I think we will get a CB in the 1st rd of the draft. Joe Haden will be the pick if he's available.

Jam, Davis would still play a lot on rushing downs for Sid, and Kroy until they develope. And I also see Vance being the starter beside Jerry in 2 years.

I still think that youth has played such a major part in our struggles this year. On this D right now I think Jerry, Sid, Kroy, Owens, Decoud, Moore, Lofton, and Nicholas could start next year. Thats 8 of the 11 starters on D right there. I believe Mikey P will be in Atlanta 1 more year and we will grab a DT in free agency. So that leaves us with 1 CB spot to take care of and I think we will get a CB in the 1st rd of the draft. Joe Haden will be the pick if he's available.

Jam, Davis would still play a lot on rushing downs for Sid, and Kroy until they develope. And I also see Vance being the starter beside Jerry in 2 years.

I agree with the 8 guys you mentioned, but only Lofton, Nicholas, Moore and Jerry (out of that list) were slated to start this year. And only 2 of them actually did: Lofton and Nicholas. Might tell a little bit about how beat up or ineffective we have been.

I agree with the 8 guys you mentioned, but only Lofton, Nicholas, Moore and Jerry (out of that list) were slated to start this year. And only 2 of them actually did: Lofton and Nicholas. Might tell a little bit about how beat up or ineffective we have been.

Thats true. Because We all knew how young this D is. So wee added Williams and he was playing well for this D then he gets hurt and the youth really started to show up in the secondary. Moore is someone I am very excited about and since he was a rookie I dont think it would have been to hard for him to learn SS. Because it looks like the transitiong for Coleman has been a rough one. And Jerry as young as he was in this system he made this D-line better.

So once we lost Jerry we lost our biggest up grade which made me feel that we were basically the same D as last year but without the Leadership from Milloy and Brooking. I think if Jerry didnt get hurt even without the vet. leadership this D would still be better.

Yeah we really have no clue what this last year's defensive draft class is made of.

We lost too many of them for the season before the season began, and Jerry soon afterward.

Really we are in big trouble as far as even assessing how talented our roster even is.

Who knows if Harry Douglass will return with that speed and those moves.

Who knows if Jerry is the real deal, or can even finish a season healthy.

That is always the problem with serious injuries: you never know if the guy will comeback 100% ever.

Babs is too stupid to stay home, and smoke his weed. Really I wonder if you want a moron like that on your roster.

Dimitroff really needs a crystal ball to see what we need next year, except at CB.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

What's funny is that the very reason you give for why we'll draft a CB is the very reason I give why we won't - our youth.

I agree that Moore could start next year, but we'd have so little experience in the secondary, I really feel that our team would be best served with a vet CB to go along with all that youth.

Remember, getting younger doesn't always equal getting better.

What's funny is that the very reason you give for why we'll draft a CB is the very reason I give why we won't - our youth.

I agree that Moore could start next year, but we'd have so little experience in the secondary, I really feel that our team would be best served with a vet CB to go along with all that youth.

Remember, getting younger doesn't always equal getting better.

I believe in time it does. At the Corner or Safety positions I have always felt its better to draft a good prospect and groom him to your system. And while we might not be better at first, we will get better in time.

I might be crazy for thinking this but I believe next year Chris Owens will easily be our best defensive back. I think we drafted the right guy and we have groomed him and he has already played well for this D.

But I think we will bring in a DT. Because I think Babs has some good trade value and we need to get back into the 2nd rd.

Edited by 84White32wood

I believe in time it does. At the Corner or Safety positions I have always felt its better to draft a good prospect and groom him to your system. And while we might not be better at first, we will get better in time.

I might be crazy for thinking this but I believe next year Chris Owens will easily be our best defensive back. I think we drafted the right guy and we have groomed him and he has already played well for this D.

But I think we will bring in a DT. Because I think Babs has some good trade value and we need to get back into the 2nd rd.

Can't say I disagree with any of this. Just saying that we might look for another CB later, like Owens, who we can groom. And I'm with you as far as your feeling about Owens.

The only thing I would mildly disagree with is moving Babs. Even if that was our plan, his trade value is all but "up in smoke" at this point. Yes, pun intended. :P

But I think our early pic will be geared towards the line (pass rusher or DT) and fixing our OLB positions.

Can't say I disagree with any of this. Just saying that we might look for another CB later, like Owens, who we can groom. And I'm with you as far as your feeling about Owens.

The only thing I would mildly disagree with is moving Babs. Even if that was our plan, his trade value is all but "up in smoke" at this point. Yes, pun intended. :P

But I think our early pic will be geared towards the line (pass rusher or DT) and fixing our OLB positions.

I think as of right now the FO's hopeing that Sid and Kroy will fill that void as they grow and develope. But a DT or a very solid OLB would be a great choice. I dont know about draft value and stuff of that sort, but I have been a big fan of Witherspoon. And I have heard talk of him falling to the 2nd rd.

But My off season wish list would be.

Richard Seymour

in the Draft

Joe Haden

Witherspoon

OL

DL

LB

I know our defense is bad, but we are somehow still 6-6 and MAY finish with back-to back winning seasons for the first time in ATL history.

Yes and I think that is a testament to this team. They never give up they always battle and because of that good things have happened for this team this year. And while these good things have been few and far between we have always battled.

Maybe we really dont underdstand that this season has really improved our team. The injuries, the schedule have been rough and we have played competitve football through out the whole year.

This young team knows how to win and next year when we add some pieces to the puzzle and we have good health we will know we can play with any team. And I think that will also show this Sunday. There will be a brawl in the Georgia Dome Sunday and our boys will be on top. Because I know there are some doubters but there is no way Matty Ice will not try to give it a go Sunday.

Yes and I think that is a testament to this team. They never give up they always battle and because of that good things have happened for this team this year. And while these good things have been few and far between we have always battled.

Maybe we really dont underdstand that this season has really improved our team. The injuries, the schedule have been rough and we have played competitve football through out the whole year.

This young team knows how to win and next year when we add some pieces to the puzzle and we have good health we will know we can play with any team. And I think that will also show this Sunday. There will be a brawl in the Georgia Dome Sunday and our boys will be on top. Because I know there are some doubters but there is no way Matty Ice will not try to give it a go Sunday.

That's kind of what I'm saying. If we somehow come away at 9-7 with everything that's happened, the future looks more than bright. Instead of going nowhere again after a good last season we may still have something to build on and progress next year without losing ground.

That's kind of what I'm saying. If we somehow come away at 9-7 with everything that's happened, the future looks more than bright. Instead of going nowhere again after a good last season we may still have something to build on and progress next year without losing ground.

Yea I think there are more than a few good things we can take from this season and I believe a good coach like Coach Smith will find what those things are and use it as motivstion for this team. I believe Coach Smith was the best choice we could have ever made.

I know our defense is bad, but we are somehow still 6-6 and MAY finish with back-to back winning seasons for the first time in ATL history.

Man, I hope your right, because for the first time in the Smith/TD era, I feel like the team has already given up. The Philly game has really changed my perspective on things. Looking back it seems we are always about 2 or 3 games too late addressing needs. Elam, the secondary, the Run Game. Maybe, I just haven't got past last Sunday.