Babineaux's arrest likely wont end in his release

1989Fan

I realize everyone is upset with Babs right now, and rightfully so. He did something very foolish, and even more so irresponsible. Not having your license on person happens. The light being out that shows his tag, easily overlooked. But not having current registration is dumb as is traveling and smoking. Wait until you get home, your not a 16 year old living with Mom and Dad anymore!

If you ask me, the reality is that he is too important on the field to let loose. Not to mention he is in year one of a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal. Now, the only thing that comes into play here is an uncapped year, so really, the team could take the hit if they released him before June 1, 2010.

but.....The other side of this is the 'on the field' aspect. Babs is our best DL, if not our best defensive player overall. Having Jerry coming back helps, but any way you slice it this team takes a step back losing him. We have so many needs right now (OT, OC, DE, CB, K, OLB) that I would hate to add another HUGE need.

I would guess/hope his charge will be dropped to a misdemeanor with a fine and some off-season community service to boot. It is his first offense, but with it being drug related I would suspect he is still possibly facing to a 2-4 game suspension. The fact that there were 3 seperate bags of smoke in his car is were the wrench gets thrown in. I have no doubt that Babs was NOT selling weed. Either his boy was, or combined they had a bit of a stash.

Welcome to USA where you can be accused of rape, sleeping with many women when married, vehicular homicide, killing animals and drug charges yet still be forgiven within a year as long as you man up to the crime. Unfortunately when you have money it makes those nasty habits that much easier to indulge in.

Every team has their embarassing moments, and I dont think this is major in comparison to what we (and other teams) have faced in recent years.

we can void contract with termination detrimental to team actions

if it is in the language maybe. we didnt get off the hook on Vicks cap hit, so doubt we would on Babs.

Even if we could get off the hook, I wouldnt release him. He does his job well, and if this charge blows over, let him get back to work with a warning. Every day workers get a second chance, I dont see why athletes cant too.

6-6 and our best DL gets arrested. Not to forget this is the biggest game of the year. I think we might try to trade him now. We have Jerry coming back I like what I have seen from Vance. And Jam will be back, he plays well at the DT position and has played better from the DE spot. His run stopping is great and Jerry will help him out as well.

I think we could trade him during the off-season for a draft pick. This just is not the kind of player TD wants. Granted this is his first time but we are in a situation were we have young guys developing.

And someone will say something about Turners actions last year but was he arrested? And his problem had nothing to do with drugs.

I like Babs but this cant happen. This is the first time we have heard about him doing drugs because he was arrested. There is no telling how much drugs he really does.

I realize everyone is upset with Babs right now, and rightfully so. He did something very foolish, and even more so irresponsible. Not having your license on person happens. The light being out that shows his tag, easily overlooked. But not having current registration is dumb as is traveling and smoking. Wait until you get home, your not a 16 year old living with Mom and Dad anymore!

If you ask me, the reality is that he is too important on the field to let loose. Not to mention he is in year one of a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal. Now, the only thing that comes into play here is an uncapped year, so really, the team could take the hit if they released him before June 1, 2010.

but.....The other side of this is the 'on the field' aspect. Babs is our best DL, if not our best defensive player overall. Having Jerry coming back helps, but any way you slice it this team takes a step back losing him. We have so many needs right now (OT, OC, DE, CB, K, OLB) that I would hate to add another HUGE need.

I would guess/hope his charge will be dropped to a misdemeanor with a fine and some off-season community service to boot. It is his first offense, but with it being drug related I would suspect he is still possibly facing to a 2-4 game suspension. The fact that there were 3 seperate bags of smoke in his car is were the wrench gets thrown in. I have no doubt that Babs was NOT selling weed. Either his boy was, or combined they had a bit of a stash.

Welcome to USA where you can be accused of rape, sleeping with many women when married, vehicular homicide, killing animals and drug charges yet still be forgiven within a year as long as you man up to the crime. Unfortunately when you have money it makes those nasty habits that much easier to indulge in.

Every team has their embarassing moments, and I dont think this is major in comparison to what we (and other teams) have faced in recent years.

Can you say trade bait?

I'm made because it is stupid but asking the falcons to release Babs is more idiotic... The guy has been good until this moment..Babs don't have a history of stupidity .. He made a mistake... A very very dumb mistake.

The guy is one of the best DT's in this league..... He will get another chance.

I'm made because it is stupid but asking the falcons to release Babs is more idiotic... The guy has been good until this moment..Babs don't have a history of stupidity .. He made a mistake... A very very dumb mistake.

The guy is one of the best DT's in this league..... He will get another chance.

Of course he'll get another chance.

if it is in the language maybe. we didnt get off the hook on Vicks cap hit, so doubt we would on Babs.

Even if we could get off the hook, I wouldnt release him. He does his job well, and if this charge blows over, let him get back to work with a warning. Every day workers get a second chance, I dont see why athletes cant too.

i thought we added it to all new contracts though. At least i thought we should.

What company do you work for? In this day and age, you don't get a second chance. You screw up, you're gone.