I Hate This Season.....

Guest The Masked Falcon

Guest The Masked Falcon

I wish that you could get a "do-over" for an entire season. With the massive injuries, spotty play even when relatively healthy, the Vick distraction and fiasco, and now this growing story about this act of idiocy by Babineaux....this season is going to go down I believe as one that most of us Falcon fans are going to want to forget.

Whatever feelings of frustration, disappointment and anger I might feel though are for the situations and individuals who may have caused them.....not for the team itself.

I love the Falcons. We had a lot of breaks go our way last year.

We can't buy one this year.

The right people are in place to evaluate and run this team.

We're going to be fine.

Guest The Masked Falcon

I wish that you could get a "do-over" for an entire season. With the massive injuries, spotty play even when relatively healthy, the Vick distraction and fiasco, and now this growing story about this act of idiocy by Babineaux....this season is going to go down I believe as one that most of us Falcon fans are going to want to forget.

Whatever feelings of frustration, disappointment and anger I might feel though are for the situations and individuals who may have caused them.....not for the team itself.

I love the Falcons. We had a lot of breaks go our way last year.

We can't buy one this year.

The right people are in place to evaluate and run this team.

We're going to be fine.

Fixed it fer ya.:lol:

Babs is going to be fined.......heavily, and continuously.

Fixed it myself.

Guest The Masked Falcon

I ain't given up yet.

The Falcons still have 4 games left to make this one of the most memorable seasons ever.

It may not be a meaningful milestone in franchise terms, but it would still mean a lot to a lot of us.

Twist that cap back Smitty and get them boys angry!

I'm not giving up either, but I know a trend or trends when I see them....... ;)

Guest The Masked Falcon

I know what you mean.

I would punch a nun if it would guarantee a victory.

Heck, I would throw that punch for a 50/50 shot.

nunl.jpg

Be careful.

Ya, I mean it pretty much started with Harry Douglas going down in the OTA's for me. I was upset ever since that point. Besides the game against SF, this season has been a wash, and I haven't really enjoyed it.

Truth is, we are still rebuilding and once we can get all of the parts of the "process" to work consistently and simultaneously, we will be a legit and forceful contender.

You know, I know we have been here before - 1 great season and then a crash.

but still, I can't help be feel positive about the future of this organization. Yes, we have had some major setbacks, but I have more confidence in Dimitroff and Smith than I have ever had in any management team that has ever run the Falcons. I think we will be solid in the future. Call this growing pains, but the futre looks bright to me.

Guest The Masked Falcon

That might be one of the signs that we are on the right track.

In the past a Falcon season that crashed usually resulted in a 3-13, 4-12 season. If this crash ends up with us being 8-8, 9-7, then in a bizarre way that is progress.

We had a lot of breaks go our way last year.

If we had the right people in place they would handle this year more effectively, we don't have the right people in place.

Last year EVERYTHING went our way, heck, I could have run the show, it was easy. Now we get to see what kind of coaches and GM we have and honestly I am not impressed.

This is a mess, last year was lightning in a bottle.

Guest The Masked Falcon

What if the Falcons finish 6-10?

If they don't win another game then I believe the front office and coaching staff should be wide open for criticism.....and that everything we're doing can and should be reevaluated.......

Because it would mean that the team quit....

Won't happen though.

If we had the right people in place they would handle this year more effectively, we don't have the right people in place.

Last year EVERYTHING went our way, heck, I could have run the show, it was easy. Now we get to see what kind of coaches and GM we have and honestly I am not impressed.

What a silly post. Last year we were lucky, this year we're horrible? Probably somewhere in between. The coaches are the same as last year but circumstances are certainly different. They deserve some of the blame along with the players, the schedule, and the fact that the other teams are rising up and playing better ball this season. At this point, if I blame them for the six losses, I also have to give them credit for the six wins in a schedule that would be a tough row to hoe for anybody.

Last year we had a MUCH weaker schedule and our D was not nearly as bad as it is this year,and we all knew the D was going to be a little worse than last year,just not this bad.

I still say we'll break the dreaded curse.

And even if the playoffs pass us by, I'll sit back at 4:00 pm, Sunday on week 17 feeling pretty good about next year since it appears the curse is throwing everything it has at us this year.

Just think about it, let's get all our bad mojo out of the way this year, still break the curse, and anticipate a great following year without the injuries to our entire starting offense, healthy draft picks, and a schedule which isn't trying to doom us from the start. ;)

In truth everyone, we knew what our faults were coming from last year. The Falcons didn't address our problems. I think just judging from the Cardinals game last year, the Falcons should of look at going into the off season to fix the problems that came up in that game. One of the problems was the offensive line, the play calling, the defense, and most important the secondary. We didn't need a Tony Gonzalez to beat the Cardinals. We didn't need a quick smaller DT in Peria Jerry to beat the Cards. We sure as **** didn't need the Mike Murlarkey ***** offense that he called that game. We got faster at the linebacker position, got a young upcoming safety but that's it. We did not address anything from the Cardinal game. That's what bothers me. We were put up on the big bright lights against the NFC champs and we didn't learn from that game. If there was any game to learn from, it was that game, because if the Falcons could get the missing pieces to win that game, we could be looking at a very good 09 season. Right now, since we didn't address anything except bringing in injury prone rookies and a weak offensive play calling back, we are 6-6. Its horrible how this FO managed the off season. There we plenty of good vet Corners that could come in and made an impact. There was Albert Haynesworth who did sign for a lot of money, but you have to think of what he could of been to this team. The Tony Gonzalez deal...The guy has pretty much flipped our whole offense upside down because we have to go to him every third down or what ever it may be.

Last year, we had Peele, Hartsock and Rader as tight ends. We made it clear that we didn't need a pass catching tight end because the offense was about smash mouth and explosive plays from the receivers. Why did we get a pass catching tight end that takes away from the explosive plays? Why does this offense have to cater to Tony Gonzalez? Now defenses just zone in on Tony with a bump and double Roddy. When this team passes the ball, that's all the offense is looking to go too.

This whole Jonathan babs deal has got me all messed up in the head. I love the Falcons as you can tell, but I think we dropped the ball on this one because the Falcons worried about what every one else thought we NEED instead of worrying about what they wanted in this team. Why demand a pass catching tight end, when we are one of the most explosive offenses in the league last year. I am sad now.

but still, I can't help be feel positive about the future of this organization. Yes, we have had some major setbacks, but I have more confidence in Dimitroff and Smith than I have ever had in any management team that has ever run the Falcons. I think we will be solid in the future. Call this growing pains, but the futre looks bright to me.

I still feel very positive as well.