The CURSE OF BOONE Continues!

sporkdevil

77448783.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937E7588A1370768CD2C8F2FC402A9FF44A7CFF610D5B4FC25

We must do something to appease Boone.

If we retire his number, I am confident that Matt Ryan's toe will be miraculously healed, Turner will be back at full health, we will be able to kick a field goal, the evidence against Babineaux will turn out to be just a bunch of Falcons play books (because he has been studying so hard), and the offensive line will suddenly be healthy and able to block. If we enter him into the Falcons Hall of Fame, I am sure that Drew Brees will disappear, only to never be heard from again.

ok im know im kinda late on this but whats the story behind this boone stutz character and why he is brought up everytime something bad happens??

From the always reliable wikipedia:

"On October 2, 2007 the Falcons released him. He signed with the Seahawks on October 10, 2007. The release of Stutz started "The Curse of Boone Stutz" for the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons took a nose dive in 2007, only to have their franchise quarterback arrested and sent to jail, their new head coach leaving after only part of a season, and the resulting 4-12 season. The Falcons difficulties and rash of injuries in 2009 are believed to be a direct cause of the "Curse of Boone"."

77448783.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937E7588A1370768CD2C8F2FC402A9FF44A7CFF610D5B4FC25

We must do something to appease Boone.

If we retire his number, I am confident that Matt Ryan's toe will be miraculously healed, Turner will be back at full health, we will be able to kick a field goal, the evidence against Babineaux will turn out to be just a bunch of Falcons play books (because he has been studying so hard), and the offensive line will suddenly be healthy and able to block. If we enter him into the Falcons Hall of Fame, I am sure that Drew Brees will disappear, only to never be heard from again.

:lol:

"On October 2, 2007 the Falcons released him. He signed with the Seahawks on October 10, 2007. The release of Stutz started "The Curse of Boone Stutz" for the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons took a nose dive in 2007, only to have their franchise quarterback arrested and sent to jail, their new head coach leaving after only part of a season, and the resulting 4-12 season. The Falcons difficulties and rash of injuries in 2009 are believed to be a direct cause of the "Curse of Boone"."

wow..ok preciate that.

He is blaming us for that horrible first game he had with Seattle

If I recall correctly someone started a post simply to say Boone Stutz was released. Then posters got hold of it in joking manner myself included to say "Oh no, now the seasons over we lost our long snapper". The legend grew from there.

It may be my fault though. I was standing at the rope at training camp with my helmet for autographs and didn't notice when he ran straight up to me first to sign my helmet. I kind of snatched it back because hey these things are expensive and there is only so much space for autographs and that year Petrino pretty only sent the camp bodies out for autographs. Needless to say I kind of felt bad so I'm sorry guys that's all I can say. Boone if you're listening you can sign my helmet if you could kindly remove the curse. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

ATLANTA, GA - SEPTEMBER 30: Long snapper Boone Stutz #47 of the Atlanta Falcons warms up before play against the Houston Texans at the Georgia Dome on September 30, 2007 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Falcons won 26-16.

"The Curse of Boone Stutz"

Mr. Blank should at least buy Boone a Ticket to the Tampa game,

so he is near/on the Falcon's sideline!