Toad The Wet Sprocket

labradford

Anyone like this band?

They are one of the few bands that I truly love every song.

the other bands being:

The Smashing Pumpkins

Boris

Isis

Alice In Chains

Sonic Youth

Okkervil River

Not a fan of Toad The Wet Sprocket or Alice in Chains...

Kinda blown away anyone here even heard of Boris or Isis. Boris are SUPER nice people. We played with them when their album "Pink" came out. Thurston Moore is a really cool dude, too.

There are a few bands I can listen to just about everything they've done: Fugazi, High On Fire, The Stooges, Jesus Lizard, Nick Cave, Hendrix, Unwound

Then there are those who I could listen to ALMOST everything they've done, but they laid a few eggs haere and there:

The Melvins, The Clash, AC/DC, Dead Kennedys, David Bowie, Sabbath, The Pixies

Edited by k-train

Not a fan of Toad The Wet Sprocket or Alice in Chains...

Kinda blown away anyone here even heard of Boris or Isis. Boris are SUPER nice people. We played with them when their album "Pink" came out. Thurston Moore is a really cool dude, too.

There are a few bands I can listen to just about everything they've done: Fugazi, High On Fire, The Stooges, Jesus Lizard, Nick Cave, Hendrix, Unwound

Then there are those who I could listen to ALMOST everything they've done, but they laid a few eggs haere and there:

The Melvins, The Clash, AC/DC, Dead Kennedys, David Bowie, Sabbath, The Pixies

I'm a fan of The Stooges, The Jesus Lizard, hendrix, The melvins and the Pixies.

The other bands I respect, just not a huge fan of them.

Other bands that are great:

Joy Division

John Prine

Boredoms

Built To Spill

Crippled Black Phoenix

Cult Of Luna

Dinosaur Jr

Electric Wizard

Helmet

Kyuss

Hum

Russian Circles

Sebadoh

Shellac

Sleep

I'm a fan of The Stooges, The Jesus Lizard, hendrix, The melvins and the Pixies.

The other bands I respect, just not a huge fan of them.

Other bands that are great:

Joy Division

John Prine

Boredoms

Built To Spill

Crippled Black Phoenix

Cult Of Luna

Dinosaur Jr

Electric Wizard

Helmet

Kyuss

Hum

Russian Circles

Sebadoh

Shellac

Sleep

I'm really blown away you know who these bands are.

Played with Russian Circles in Iowa City on tour this summer... they were amazing!

I'm okay with Sleep & I understand why people would hold them in high regard, but I think they are kinda overrated. I feel like all those guys have gone on to better things. Personally, I prefer High On Fire and Om to anything Sleep has done.

Loved Shellac's first few 7"s "Doris", "Wingwalker", etc. as well as "At Action Park", but wasn't as blown away by the stuff that followed. There were a few good moments on "Terraform" and "1000 Htz", but overall I feel they got more focused on having an interesting sound than having cool songs. They're still pretty good live.

Seen Dinosaur Jr. more times than I can count. Listened to them religiously through Jr. High in the early 90's. "Green Mind", "Bug", "You're Livin All Over Me", and that "Whatever's Cool W/ Me" ep are all great. "Where You Been" was decent and I dug some of "Beyond".

I think Built to Spill make pretty good records (especially "Perfect From Now On" and "Keep It Like a Secret", but they jam there stuff out too much live and sound like a hippy band.