• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an item can't be removed from your credit report, you have the right to add up to a 100-word explanation to it, permanently.

Anyone who views the report will see your explanation. If, for example, you had an argument with a doctor over a charge, you can explain the details. May or may not help you but it's good to know.

Lady Astor once told Winston Churchill 'if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee'. His reply ' if you were my wife, I would drink it!'

Churchill was full of good ones. Sad thing is a politician can't get away with saying things like that today, even if they were a true statesman and leader like Churchill. The 24-hour news cycle would blow it up to some huge issue in no time.

Churchill was full of good ones. Sad thing is a politician can't get away with saying things like that today, even if they were a true statesman and leader like Churchill. The 24-hour news cycle would blow it up to some huge issue in no time.

Here's one from the Winston Churchill archives. He was once at a dinner party, conversing with a young woman. He says to the woman, "would you have sex with me for a million pounds?" The woman, befuddled and none the wiser, says, "well I suposse I would, yes." Winston, rebuts, "would you have sex with me for 5 pounds?" The woman, slightly angry says, "of course not, what do you think I am!" To which Churchill responds, "we've already established what you were, now we are just haggling over the price!"

Other random facts:

Bamboo can grow three feet in a day.

In 1789 the national debt was 190K.

At room temperature, the average air molecule travels about the speed of a bullet.

One punishment for a cheating wife in medievil France was to make her chase a chicken around town in the nude.

A shrimps heart is in its head.

At 101 Jerry Lewis ran the 100 yard dash in 17.8 seconds setting a record for runners over 100yrs old.

Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter.

A million dollars worth of 100 dollar bills weighs 22 pounds.

Karate originated in India but was further developed in China.

The US motto "In God We Trust" was not adopted until 1956.

In 2000 Pope John Paul II was named an honorary Harlem Globetrotter.

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.