its easy to look them up but what random and useless facts do you already know?

ill start

you cannot fold a piece of paper (on itself) more than 7 times...

feel free to use things from your profession.

children raised by homosexual parents are no more likely to be gay or to have psychological, or social problems...

Edited by rvrndzombii
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google FTW: I found this out just now:

It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

its easy to look them up but what random and useless facts do you already know?

ill start

you cannot fold a piece of paper (on itself) more than 7 times...

feel free to use things from your profession.

children raised by homosexual parents are no more likely to be gay or to have psychological, or social problems...

They disproved the paper myth on mythbusters. It was a huge piece of paper but they folded it 7 times.

Interesting fact: The Amazon river dumps 55 million gallons of water into the Atlantic Ocean every second.

It's puts so much fresh water into the ocean that you can dip water out of the ocean 100 miles from the coast and the salinity will still be far lower than other parts of the ocean.

mythbusters didnt even use paper. they used a super thin tarp. no1 could use actual 8X11 paper.

I don't know how to post a link on this board now but you can go to this article and they confirm that it was paper. But the article also mentions a girl who foldeda piece of paper 12 times and the math behind how she did it. I believe the mythbusters used a method similar to hers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_folding

Well, maybe I DO KNOW how to post a link.

If you don't believe the article above, then read this one about the young lady that solved the problem.

http://pomonahistorical.org/12times.htm

i got two. it is impossible to lick your elbow and it is impossible to bob your head while your mouth is open.

You know what............... that's funny. I thought to myself "WTF is this guy talking about", and then I decided to do it just to prove it is possible. Well, I'm sure you know the rest.

Good one my man, well played, indeed.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

That doesn't explain why there is an interstate highway in Hawaii. :blink:

Here's a few more (by state):

In Minnesota, it is illegal to cross state lines with duck on your head. In North Dakota, it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.

It is illegal to carry an ice-cream cone in your pocket in Kentucky.

In Milwaukee, residents must keep pet elephants on a leash while walking them on public streets.

you can be fined up to $500 in Chico California for detonating a nuclear device within the city limits!

Edited by rightsaidfred

The (large) animal responsible for the most fatal human attacks in Africa is not the lion, hyena, or crocodile. It is the hippo... Most human deaths occur when the unlucky victim finds himself between a startled hippo and the deep water. Females with young are especially dangerous.

hippochase01.jpg

OK, I shouldn't laugh at that picture but...

:lol: