Roddy White Syndrome...

TheGamer15

-Please remember 2 things about this team before you go judging them to the extreme...first off they are only in their second year of rebuilding and second, the team is really young with the exception of Gonzalez, Abe and Peterson.

-Ok, I posted this as a reply in my other thread but I thought it needed its on thread. Its called Roddy White Syndrome. Its when you judge a player to soon before he has the opportunity to reach his potential. Remember when Roddy was a rookie or when he was in his second year with the team and the whole city was ready to trade him for a box of peanuts or just release him altogether? What happened the next year? Bobby Petrino was hired and Joe Horn was acquired through free agency. 3 things happened that year that turned Roddy into a stud...First off Petrino built up his confidence (about the only good thing Petrino did for the Falcons, lol). Second thing Joe Horn mentored him and helped him develop. Third thing is he became a professional, meaning no junk food, started working out more and his concentration increased. Now u see the stud today.

-I believe the same thing is going on with Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson. Chris Houston is only in his third year...He should not be higher then our second option and on most teams he would be their third option or NB. But he is our #1, he has a huge amount of potential. He is good against the run, and his coverage isnt terrible. His weakness is getting his head around. I believe when, not if but when a veteran is brought in this off season and he is given a whole training camp to be mentored he will be a stud.

-Second person Jamaal Anderson...lets face it, he is a DT not a DE. His strengths are his power, height, strength and straight line speed. He isnt quick and lacks moves. Next year when he becomes a DT fulltime you will see him become a lot more productive player. First off he is 6'6, and i believe he will play more at his natural weight of 300 lbs or 305lbs. He is already a great run stopper. The added weight will help with his push which will make him a great pass rusher as well. All I am saying people is dont judge this team too early, because I do think most fans are suffering from Roddy White Syndrome. Hey, I used to suffer from it too. But we all know the ultimate nightmare would be trading or releasing either one of these guys and watching a Brett Favre scenario unfold again, where we had two probowl players right under our noses but we were so greedy for short term success that we force the team to make a move too early. Patience is a virtue.

Edited by TheGamer15

Please remember 2 things about this team before you go judging them to the extreme...first off they are only in their second year of rebuilding and second, the team is really young with the exception of Gonzalez, Abe and Peterson. Ok, I posted this as a reply in my other thread but I thought it needed its on thread. Its called Roddy White Syndrome. Its when you judge a player to soon before he has the opportunity to reach his potential. Remember when Roddy was a rookie or when he was in his second year with the team and the whole city was ready to trade him for a box of peanuts or just release him altogether? What happened the next year? Bobby Petrino was hired and Joe Horn was acquired through free agency. 3 things happened that year that turned Roddy into a stud...First off Petrino built up his confidence (about the only good thing Petrino did for the Falcons, lol). Second thing Joe Horn mentored him and helped him develop. Third thing is he became a professional, meaning no junk food, started working out more and his concentration increased. Now u see the stud today. I believe the same thing is going on with Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson. Chris Houston is only in his third year...He should not be higher then our second option and on most teams he would be their third option or NB. But he is our #1, he has a huge amount of potential. He is good against the run, and his coverage isnt terrible. His weakness is getting his head around. I believe when, not if but when a veteran is brought in this off season and he is given a whole training camp to be mentored he will be a stud. Second person Jamaal Anderson...lets face it, he is a DT not a DE. His strengths are his power, height, strength and straight line speed. He isnt quick and lacks moves. Next year when he becomes a DT fulltime you will see him become a lot more productive player. First off he is 6'6, and i believe he will play more at his natural weight of 300 lbs or 305lbs. He is already a great run stopper. The added weight will help with his push which will make him a great pass rusher as well. All I am saying people is dont judge this team too early, because I do think most fans are suffering from Roddy White Syndrome. Hey, I used to suffer from it too. But we all know the ultimate nightmare would be trading or releasing either one of these guys and watching a Brett Favre scenario unfold again, where we had two probowl players right under our noses but we were so greedy for short term success that we force the team to make a move too early. Patience is a virtue.

That ship has sailed. His potential is where he is at now, which is pure garbage. He can't cover, and he can't turn his head around when he has a chance to make a play. And the only reason he is our #1 is because the rest of our corners are even worse. We need a brand new secondary next year. Except for Owens; he is just a rookie and he looks like he can be a decent corner in the future.

I never and I mean never criticized Roddy cause I felt it was more the QB and the system we ran . I always knew Roddy had talent and it showed he just had poor ork ethic eating Mickey Ds and he didnt grow up yet . He had his fair share of drops but you saw the talent you saw the explosiveness but like many young wrs he was too imature to understand the game and the aspects of playing in the nfl

Now for Houston and Anderson

THEY ARE BUMS ..

You can see the way they play . You got a guy like Chris Houston who is on a web cam at 2 30 talking about he is in it for the money . Do Anderson or Houston have the work ethic . Houston has never played the ball well . He has no skills to be physcial with a wr nor the ball awarness to attack the ball. Ever notice any int he has ever had was a errand throw by the QB

Anderson has no buisness starting at either DE/DT ..He is a bench player that should be subbed in 8 plays a game max yet we are paying these guys top tier money as first and 2nd round picks ..Anderson rarely gets consistent pressure up the middle he lacks the strenght to overpower and lacks the speed . There upside have both been tapped ..

You can see a player ..You can see his swagga the way he plays ..neither of these 2 players have that

Altho many of u dont want to beleive it or refuse to beleive it Chris Houston is and will be our Best Corner going into next season, all you fans say he is horrible but in reality he is not bad at all his biggest problem right now is he cant turn his head wich i still believe can be fixed, he has terrific man coverage(no homo) and is always in position to make a play but doesnt cuz of his lack of ball awarness i agree with the OP bring in someone who can help him and Houston will be that much better, also will help owens progress as i see him and Houston being our future corners of the future, in short i see them being our Al Harris (houston) and Charles Woddons(Ownes) of the future. you can laugh at me insult me but i stand by my opinion. and just hope when they both do become even better every fan here that hates on em wont show and say i knew he would be great and so on.

My bad people, lol. Posting and working at the same time.

Much nicer, no iv read it i agree with what your saying but Houston needs to start showing some kind of improvement, i wouldnt mind having him aslong as we had a guy across from him who is a proven player, that could make him look like a better player, maybe.

yea and that means Blank will have to spend a lil money on a proven db. Or even a Joe Horn type that serves more as a mentor than an impact player. Houston hasnt had either yet. But the good thing maybe the lack of salary cap...One thing we dont have in atlanta is a cheap owner. If Dimitroff or Smith make it known they really believe in or want a player Blank will spend the money to get a veteran.