What do you guys think of the uncapped year?

Big Bubba

I expect most of the movement coming from teams ditching high cap dollar contracts both before and right after the season. That's what this uncapped year is all about anyway. The owners want to ditch dead weight and the NFLPA is dumb enough to think that the owners will budge on their demands. There are gonna be a whole lot of pissed off players that get cut because the NFLPA thinks the owners want to get the bargaining agreement done before next season.

I smell a lockout..and why not? Salaries are out of control. Owners won't budge without a rookie salary cap...

Another thing I'd like to see...the end of guaranteed contracts for lameazz coaches......get fired and you don't get any free money...Yeah, you Gruden!

For players as well? Look at Russell and Delhommey and the guaranteed money they are stealing from their teams! I agree with a structured salary that in incrimentally sound to the number of years played? Maybe after say 4 years the played can then negotiate his higher salary to compensate good play. Paying rookies who have never proven anything high amounts of money is ludicrous! It also pizzes off veterans who have earned their keep...

After the first year, salaries are based on performance, but capped at a certain level far below the Albert Haynesworth nonsense....No more extended contracts, 5 year vets become eligible for retirement benefits, overall salary cap lowered. No more franchising of players.. No more revenue sharing...If a team can't make own their own....they fold....Something I'd like to see in MLB.

i'm not too worried about it. our best players are locked up for a while and the needs we have aren't really expensive positions (OT, CB, maybe DE).

the top corners shouldn't be too expensive (rogers, bodden, robinson) and i think we'll go DE and OT in the draft. other than that we don't have any holes.

I agree with some of you about the rookie contracts getting out of control. I'm tired of seeing them get paid these obscene amounts before even stepping foot on the field.

I hate seeing these greedy b@stards hold out for even MORE money, and then when management gives into their holdout and rewards them with a huge rookie contract, they end up sucking horribly anyway. Yeah I'm looking at JaMarcus Russell.

Ryan, Stafford,Sanchez.. These kids should've been given a year to perform and their contract be based off their performance. Ryan would've gotten what he was initially paid anyway, getting roty is a big accomplishment. Sanchez/Stafford wouldn't have gotten paid nearly as much though.

I agree with some of you about the rookie contracts getting out of control. I'm tired of seeing them get paid these obscene amounts before even stepping foot on the field.

I hate seeing these greedy b@stards hold out for even MORE money, and then when management gives into their holdout and rewards them with a huge rookie contract, they end up sucking horribly anyway. Yeah I'm looking at JaMarcus Russell.

Ryan, Stafford,Sanchez.. These kids should've been given a year to perform and their contract be based off their performance. Ryan would've gotten what he was initially paid anyway, getting roty is a big accomplishment. Sanchez/Stafford wouldn't have gotten paid nearly as much though.

Give Stafford a year or two, I bet youll be surprised.

Speaking of Ryan, I dont see him doing too hot this year.

Remember the 90's before the salary cap? What team dominated that decade. I look for more of the same come 2010. :D

The Cowboys didn't dominate the 90s because there wasn't a salary cap. They dominated because the Vikings gave up a bunch of players and 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks for a decent runningback.

The only team that maybe bought a championship in the NFL was the 1994 49ers.

Fact is, even with the league being uncapped, you still have to build through the draft... probably more than ever. With the cap, 4th year players can become unrestricted free agents. Without the cap, it takes 6 years.

Using the Saints as an example. players such as G Jahri Evans (pro bowler this year), T Jammal Brown (two time pro bowler), S Roman Harper (probable pro bowler this year) and WR Lance Moore (2008 leading WR), would all be unrestricted in any normal year following this season. Instead, they'll all be restricted and if any other team wants to get them, they'll have to trade for them.

Edited by bradael

Give Stafford a year or two, I bet youll be surprised.

Speaking of Ryan, I dont see him doing too hot this year.

because he's hurt and our offensive line and receivers have struggled. not to mention we've been missing a rb or two almost every game so he's had NO run game a lot of the time.

no oline, no run game, receivers tipping passes and dropping balls = you will not do well.

now i'm not saying he's not doing as good as last year only because of those reasons, but they are a HUGE part of it IMO.

And then look what happened when you could no longer buy championships...... Havent won a playoff game since.

93 was the first capped year, smartass. Dallas won a Super Bowl in 93 and 95, they got to the NFC Championship in 94 and last won a playoff game in 96.

So, keep talking, really let everyone know you have no idea what you are talking about.

because he's hurt and our offensive line and receivers have struggled. not to mention we've been missing a rb or two almost every game so he's had NO run game a lot of the time.

no oline, no run game, receivers tipping passes and dropping balls = you will not do well.

now i'm not saying he's not doing as good as last year only because of those reasons, but they are a HUGE part of it IMO.

Put all that together and you still arent the Lions, so it doesnt matter.

93 was the first capped year, smartass. Dallas won a Super Bowl in 93 and 95, they got to the NFC Championship in 94 and last won a playoff game in 96.

So you think the 93 and 95 rosters werent full of players signed in uncapped years when the cap was loosely implemented in 93?

Thats like giving les miles credit for winning the national championship with nick sabans team.

The cowboys have been bad for a decade and a half, almost the exact length of time jerry has had to follow the cap. The saints have struggled mightily in those years too, but at least we havent lost to dallas in over 15 years!

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark! :lol:

Ill take any amount of Saints losses in the last 15 years. Because guess what else we got in those 15 years?

lombarditrophy.jpg

They are really nice, you should try getting one. Id be willing to lose 100-0 to the Saints for another one.

Tell you what, add up the Saints history and the Falcons history. Lets see how many of these trophies you come up with. ;)

Wait, Wait, Ill even throw in the Bucs and Panthers. LMAO. How many do you have now?

Sucks dont it?

Edited by Enlightened29

Ill take any amount of Saints losses in the last 15 years. Because guess what else we got in those 15 years?

lombarditrophy.jpg

They are really nice, you should try getting one. Id be willing to lose 100-0 to the Saints for another one.

Tell you what, add up the Saints history and the Falcons history. Lets see how many of these trophies you come up with. ;)

Wait, Wait, Ill even throw in the Bucs and Panthers. LMAO. How many do you have now?

Sucks dont it?

whathave_big.jpg

What you all dont understand is throwing in my face that the Saints have a winning streak against Dallas means squat. What has it gotten you? Bragging rights? Ill take my trophy, thanks.

See, you all are too stubborn to admit that Im right. Regular season wins or win streaks mean nothing.

Dago, are you really going to be satisfied with 16-0 if you are eliminated fromt he playoffs? Id think not. So all this ******** about not losing to Dallas in 15 years is empty. You dont have a single trophy to show for anything your franchise has done at all. WFW, same for you. So, you make yourselves feel better by bringing up the shortcomings of a more successful franchise just to make yourselves feel better.

Dallas is 13 years without a playoff win. This is true, but shall we talk about your Super Bowl winless streak, either team. Thought not. Why? Cause Dallas comes out on top there. Just be honest.

Falcons - 43 years - 0 Trophies

Saints - 41 years - 0 Tropies

Even if you do get one this year, you are still 4 behind them. So good luck on that.

So you each have your own streaks to worry about. Both of which are a lot longer than 13 years.

PS, bring up the fact that Dallas hasnt won a playoff game in 13 years is bringing up the past. Which makes your past fair game. HEY, FALCONS, try getting back to back winning seasons before you step up to the short comings of the Cowboys.

Edited by Enlightened29

Listen you can throw all the SBs at me at least and what am I to say? Yes, you won them but my point where has that got you lately? I happen to root for a franchise that has never won a SB and only been there once. I have to be happy for the baby steps the Falcons make, playoff wins, maybe b2b winning seasons, sweeping teams in our division, blah, blah, blah, you see what I mean. If you do keep rubbing in your ancient SB victories here, I will continue to talk about no playoff wins in 13 seasons, I'm sure saints fans will continue pointing out you haven't beat them in 15 seasons, etc.

As far as going 16-0 and then not winning the big one? Tom Brady will answer that one for them...it means nothing!

Well, I answer that with, winning a playoff game means nothing. Sure, Id be excited for the media to get off the Cowboys back for not winning one, but you know if they dont win a Super Bowl then theyll start talking about that. Its always something. My point is, EVERY franchise that doesnt win the Super Bowl failed to reach the ultimate goal. So, why pick out one that hasnt won a playoff game in 13 years? Every team that wasnt the Steelers last year failed. Every team that wasnt the Giants (2007), failed. Every team that wasnt the Colts (2006), failed. Get what Im saying. So who cares who won what game, at the end of the day where is the Lombardi trophy. Thats all that matters.

Seeing as there are plenty of teams (Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, and the Seattle Seahawks) I dont see why the big thing is to constantly talk about the playoff woes of a team that has 5 Lombardi trophies.

Edited by Enlightened29

If the Saints won 16 games and didnt win the Super Bowl, it would mean a lot more than nothing to fans. It's not like it would erase how happy I have been all season or the pride I feel in my team.

Look at it this way...the Saints played their first regular season game on September 13th and their last game will be January 3rd. If they don't lose a game, that is 17 weeks of feeling great. People literally are happier all during the week because of what the Saints have already accomplished. Losing in the playoffs won't change that.

Be honest you didn't feel great last week until about 3 minutes into overtime!

true, but dammit I felt AWESOME after that. Too many times I have seen the Saints lose like that and the feeling of watching them win like that was amazing

Go ahead, avoid the obvious, it must make you feel good that your undefeated season is now marked by a horrible call.

are you that ********?

I already agreed that there probably was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field but there is not a team in this league who has not won or lost games on bad calls...they are a part of the game. That doesn't make their victory any less enjoyable to me. You should be more concerned about your upcoming 0-2 start to December as your team lets the NFC East slip away yet again