As a Season Ticket Holder for the past 10 Yyears I am DONE

I will not be guilty by association and I will not purchase 2010 season tickets. The sight at yesterday's game was terrible. One can only imagine the hurt and disappointment felt on the field. This was the first game in 10 years where I did not stay until the final play of the game. Section 101 was filled with fans in Falcon gear that cheered for the opposing team and chanted for Vick. It was disgusting - even the usher at the top of the aisle was cheering for the Eagles.

The performance by Fans in the Georgia Dome was disrespectful to themselves and the team. My guess is the current Falcon team will not win another game this season due to a lack of motivation.

Atlanta, thanks for showing your true feelings toward the great sport of football and the hometown team.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really blame you.. but remember a lot of people bought special tickets to this game because they knew Vick would be there.. people that don't usually go to Falcons games. It was disgusting but it shouldn't happen anymore (even if Vick comes back to town again it won't be as bad as his first homecoming). I thought about not buying next year.. we'll see.

I promised my son I'd take him to his first Football game this year. So I will be back for the Bills game right after Christmas. But I see where you are coming from. My only advice is that you keep your head up and keep your resolve strong. Don't let a few knuckle heads spoil it for you. And if you truly are done going...I'm looking for 2 Falcons/Bills tickets. LOL! Seriously though, it will get better....it always does.

Don’t be mad at the ones that cheered for YKW; be mad at the “fans” that sold them the tickets. You know most of those people were not at the Tampa Bay game last week and will not be at the Saints game, because they have no interest in the Falcons. They only care about one person and would have cheered no matter where they were watching the game from. I think the ones to blame are the ones who sold their tickets to make an extra dollar because it was a hot game.

I will not be guilty by association and I will not purchase 2010 season tickets. The sight at yesterday's game was terrible. One can only imagine the hurt and disappointment felt on the field. This was the first game in 10 years where I did not stay until the final play of the game. Section 101 was filled with fans in Falcon gear that cheered for the opposing team and chanted for Vick. It was disgusting - even the usher at the top of the aisle was cheering for the Eagles.

The performance by Fans in the Georgia Dome was disrespectful to themselves and the team. My guess is the current Falcon team will not win another game this season due to a lack of motivation.

Atlanta, thanks for showing your true feelings toward the great sport of football and the hometown team.

Are you FalconsMyLife's little sister?

Take a few days to think it over.

When I came home last night and most of today - all I wanted to do was dump my tickets and not renew.

I love my Falcons though - and I really, really love going to the game.

I'm trying to come to a better understanding and get over it and move on. It was horrible hearing cheering for the other team - and I am trying to put it behind me.

Now, I think I just need a little change of scenery. I'm thinking of swapping my tickets with someone in a different section - then requesting a move of seats when I renew.

Who knows - after a week or so - I may not even feel that way - I'll just have to see.

I feel your pain though - it was gut wrenching, but I'm trying to see the other side. I know that many people were truly torn between wanting to reach out to a player they admired and adored - but who they weren't able to let know - and rooting for their own team. Then there were some there "masquerading" as Falcon fans - who have just been waiting for the moment to embarrass the Falcons. Don't confuse them with Falcon fans - they will probably never show up again.

I think it would have been different if we had been winning. I know I feel terrible for the players and what they must have endured, both from the sounds in the stands and the players across the line from them. I hope they come back from this stronger and with more fight and determination. If they can - I'm going to try, too.

I'm not telling you to feel better about it now - just give yourself a little time before deciding what to do.

I don't really blame you.. but remember a lot of people bought special tickets to this game because they knew Vick would be there.. people that don't usually go to Falcons games. It was disgusting but it shouldn't happen anymore (even if Vick comes back to town again it won't be as bad as his first homecoming). I thought about not buying next year.. we'll see.

Don’t be mad at the ones that cheered for YKW; be mad at the “fans” that sold them the tickets. You know most of those people were not at the Tampa Bay game last week and will not be at the Saints game, because they have no interest in the Falcons. They only care about one person and would have cheered no matter where they were watching the game from. I think the ones to blame are the ones who sold their tickets to make an extra dollar because it was a hot game.

nope you guys got it wrong. i don't have a problem with anyone cheering for vick. i've been to many, many falcons games, at least 4 a year, and always dealt with people cheering for the other team.

my problem is when people in falcons gear get up and cheer when the other team scores a TD, twice. my problem is when so called falcon fans, not eagle fans but falcon fans, start chanting "We want vick". I got a problem when people are high fiving each other, in falcons jerseys (current falcons jerseys at that, not vick jerseys) talking about how they are glad vick got back at the falcons.

I'm done with it. Not attending a single falcon game in the Georgia Dome ever again.

Y'all fools are just broke and can't afford 2010 season tickets.....stop blaming others.

yeah you got me there :rolleyes:

Even though I'm embarrassed by the actions of some so called fans yesterday, I will not let them turn me away from my team. If I do, then those ba$tards win.

Like I said in my original post (in another thread), there is nothing wrong with showing a former Falcon player respect before or after the game. But to cheer for that player during the game while he is playing against us is crossing the line and is unacceptable and embarrassing. However, I refuse to let those idiots stop ME from being a Falcon's fan.

As bad as yesterday's game was, on and off the field, there is still a lot more upside to this team than down side. Maybe not this season, but once everyone heals and we pick up a couple of key players, this team can be a powerhouse in the NFL for years to come.

It's funny but I thought I was the only person that felt this way.

But after yesterday's game I don't blame you...

Myself, I am debating whether or not I should renew my season tickets.

I can always buy single game tickets or watch the games on TV or from a sports bar.

The money I spend on season tickets can be used for lots of other things....

Edited by Sun Tzu 7

Come on guys. Don't give up your season tickets. Our boys need real fans, like all of you, in the stands now more than ever. I wish I could go to the Dome and root for our Falcons, but unfortunately I live in New England. Tandy, joremari, falconschick56, and everyone else thinking about not attending anymore games, just think it over for a few days, I'm sure you'll change your minds.

Edited by LSFalcon95

Last I remember it's a "game", and people should cheer or boo for who they wish, it's not life and death here buddy.. I stopped watching the game because ATL sucked all day, but I give Vick his due for playing well, limited as it was, and more importantly, hoping he learned from what he did and gets his life together and helps others learn from his horrible mistakes.. Aside from that, get over it, more important things in life to worry over, then who cheered for who and why...

Take a few days to think it over.

When I came home last night and most of today - all I wanted to do was dump my tickets and not renew.

I love my Falcons though - and I really, really love going to the game.

I'm trying to come to a better understanding and get over it and move on. It was horrible hearing cheering for the other team - and I am trying to put it behind me.

Now, I think I just need a little change of scenery. I'm thinking of swapping my tickets with someone in a different section - then requesting a move of seats when I renew.

Who knows - after a week or so - I may not even feel that way - I'll just have to see.

I feel your pain though - it was gut wrenching, but I'm trying to see the other side. I know that many people were truly torn between wanting to reach out to a player they admired and adored - but who they weren't able to let know - and rooting for their own team. Then there were some there "masquerading" as Falcon fans - who have just been waiting for the moment to embarrass the Falcons. Don't confuse them with Falcon fans - they will probably never show up again.

I think it would have been different if we had been winning. I know I feel terrible for the players and what they must have endured, both from the sounds in the stands and the players across the line from them. I hope they come back from this stronger and with more fight and determination. If they can - I'm going to try, too.

I'm not telling you to feel better about it now - just give yourself a little time before deciding what to do.

if i took all the money i have put into attending falcons games over the last 3 years alone and put into my living room i would have a sweet entertainment center.

Last I remember it's a "game", and people should cheer or boo for who they wish, it's not life and death here buddy.. I stopped watching the game because ATL sucked all day, but I give Vick his due for playing well, limited as it was, and more importantly, hoping he learned from what he did and gets his life together and helps others learn from his horrible mistakes.. Aside from that, get over it, more important things in life to worry over, then who cheered for who and why...

again it's not about vick. i got no problem with vick and i actually do cheer for him when he is not playing us and gets in the game. i hope he gets a starting job somewhere next year and applaud the man for turning his life around and the fact that he gets to be there for his family as well.

it's not about vick it's about the fake falcon fans who cheered for him over the falcons.

its fans like this that will get the message through to Blank ...dont stand for mediocrity

if i took all the money i have put into attending falcons games over the last 3 years alone and put into my living room i would have a sweet entertainment center.

This is true!

With these new Plasma 90" screens and surround sound - whew! People might be buying season tickets from you!

I thought you go to the game to cheer for your team. How come you are letting people who you probably want see again deter you from coming to other games? I don't get that, I just really don't understand why people are that upset that about what happen.

I don't care if Arthur Blank himself was cheering for Vick,at the end of the day I love the Falcons and nothing will ever deter me from not coming to game. You are letting people scare you away from something you love. Why give people that satisfaction??

I don't get it. Please set me straight if I am wrong here also, not wanting to question season ticket holders validity or fanhood, but you have been on this board since september basically, and your second post is i am done with the team after ten years of being a ticket holder. It just makes no sense to me. You are a fan of the falcons or you are not. One game is not going to make or break you of being a fan. as disgusted as you may be with other fans, that doesn't change your allegence to a sports team. Calling BS on this one. Sounds like someone with nothing else better to do. apologies if i offend anyone here, i just don't see someone being a ten year season ticket holder coming on this board on their second post saying they are done with the team.