Do you guys even know?

nolafan33

I've been wondering this for a long time. Do you guys know that "TD" isn't really the one making the decisions? There is a whole department for nothing but player scouting, and they are the ones who come up with the "big boards" on what the Falcons need and who the top players are.

Say if there is a list of players, "TD" will go down the list trying to see what each player or team wants for their services. So if your going to dog someone or give them glory, atleast do it to the deserving party.

You are right, but TD is the figure head, so he is the only one we can point a finger at as a problem spot. I'm sure Arthur Blank will do the right thing and fire whomever needs to be fired and keep whomever should be kept.

I guess a better way of putting it would be he's the numero uno. It's often like the head coach, what the assistants do isn't what really matters, if the job isn't getting done then it's on you.

The Saints for example, Mickey Loomis is a great GM. But he isn't the one who is making the decisions on who to sign and who not to sign, that is on a guy by the name of Ryan Pace. Pace and his assitants come up with the big board, and Mickey follows that.

The guy that has that position for the Falcons is Les Snead. He's the one making the big decisions, not Dimitroff. Though like the quoted post mentioned, "TD" is the figure head or the most known.

You should understand that TD put the department together and issued the overall scheme and objectives for the scouting department. So, yes, while TD is not actually putting the lists together, he is directly responsible for the scouting department.

TD deserves the credit and critique. It is his department.

Having met the guys in that scoting group personally, I can tell you that TD is extremely knowledgable on every available draft pick and free agent. I had the chance to see these guys in action once, and TD is one of the direct talent evaluators.

Eh, that isn't the way most NFL teams work. If I was yall, I'd grow cautious of his evaluations because he clearly dropped the ball this season in some areas.

Edited by nolafan33

You should understand that TD put the department together and issued the overall scheme and objectives for the scouting department. So, yes, while TD is not actually putting the lists together, he is directly responsible for the scouting department.

TD deserves the credit and critique. It is his department.

+1 for this posts, you hit it directly my friend.