Unbelievable

vantuck

To all:

I find this entire situation entirely horrendous, and it may be the last Falcon's game I ever watch. I have been a loyal fan to this team my entire life - through the good and bad times and there have been some pretty bad times. But this, this is unforgettable and quite possibly unforgivable. Welcoming Vick back is fine - he had a good run in Atlanta and gave us all a thrill ride during his time here. But, to cheer for an opponent as they score a touchdown against your team in your own stadium is like thanking someone for putting feces in your mailbox. Blank was no better, patting on Vick and oggling with him at the game. I'm glad they worked everything out, but he put our franchise in the toilet for almost 2 years and cost Atlanta a BOATLOAD of money. There was a time when Vick was great - and thanks for that. But he openly lied to the team, coach and owners and we owe him nothing for what he put them and us through. It sends the wrong message to our new coach / team which has been working in overdrive to rebuild Atlanta into a solid force in the NFL - and they've been doing a great job.

For all you who actually routed against Atlanta during the game - I hope the pranksters stop by your house - you certainly earned it. Take it out and eat it as well.

The thing is: You have Vick fans, you have Falcons fans, and then you have some that ride the line (or what the board calls "fake fans"). Sunday, the Vick fans outnumbered the Falcons fans. And from what I've seen on the boards, the Falcons fans had left ANYWAY. So that assisted. So if you want to give up on the Falcons, so be it, your decision.

To all:

I find this entire situation entirely horrendous, and it may be the last Falcon's game I ever watch. I have been a loyal fan to this team my entire life - through the good and bad times and there have been some pretty bad times. But this, this is unforgettable and quite possibly unforgivable. Welcoming Vick back is fine - he had a good run in Atlanta and gave us all a thrill ride during his time here. But, to cheer for an opponent as they score a touchdown against your team in your own stadium is like thanking someone for putting feces in your mailbox. Blank was no better, patting on Vick and oggling with him at the game. I'm glad they worked everything out, but he put our franchise in the toilet for almost 2 years and cost Atlanta a BOATLOAD of money. There was a time when Vick was great - and thanks for that. But he openly lied to the team, coach and owners and we owe him nothing for what he put them and us through. It sends the wrong message to our new coach / team which has been working in overdrive to rebuild Atlanta into a solid force in the NFL - and they've been doing a great job.

For all you who actually routed against Atlanta during the game - I hope the pranksters stop by your house - you certainly earned it. Take it out and eat it as well.

So I am going to ask you the same question I have asked others. You are going to let the fans stop you from watching another game and not the team. Does that make you loyal???

Disagree with the team in the toilet for 2years. If i remember correctly it was only for one year and that next year we went to the playoffs. Am I wrong??

Everyone who is a Falcons fan is with you in every word- they are loyal and that’s why this episode hurts. The Vick fans could give a crap about football or whether Atlanta is damaged by this embarrassing lack of unity. What’s worse is that yesterday demonstrated a clear derivative value in Vick, especially for opposing teams within our division. Vick’s only value to Andy now is as a bartering chip for a trade and he’ll be somewhere else soon. I only hope its not an NFC South Team.