Question for everyone

Can someone tell me why CB's and Safeties are scared to tackle??? Not just with the Atlanta CB's, I have seen it throughout the NFL and college ranks....To me it seems like a CB and Safeties would much rather push a person or try to arm tackle a pplayer instead of wrapping the player up!!!

When I played football, the coach made us go through tackling drills and if you didn't get it right, they were up in our face.

Interested in everybodies thoughts on this. It seems to be a real problem becasue instead of dropping a player for a 2 or 3 yard gain...they get bigger plays because "they don't want to get their uniform dirty".

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!

I agree poor tackling is sport wide now...in the ACC championship game if Tech or Clemson either one got past the line of scrimmage it was off to the races. You see it every week in the NFL. It is very rare to see anyone who knows how to form tackle anymore. Alot of players try to run up and throw theirself at the ball carriers legs. I believe alot of focus has been put on stripping the ball rather than tackling the player. When you see the replay on a big run look and see how many players get stiff armed to the ground while trying to take the ball. I was always taught to knock the **** out of them the fumbles will come on their own. The idea was to seperate the player from the ball not run up to someone who has a full head of steam and try and grab it as they go by then pick yourself up off the ground and wonder how the **** they scored.

Proper technique involves sticking your head in front of pistoning knees and thighs.

Not easy to jump in head first if you're banged up and with all the concern over head injuries.

Speaking of proper tackling technique, I noticed the Eagles did their homework on how to tackle Norwood yesterday. Every tackle made on him was at his legs.

Proper technique involves sticking your head in front of pistoning knees and thighs.

Not easy to jump in head first if you're banged up and with all the concern over head injuries.

well if your to soft to play the game stay in the locker room and do laundry...it is a contact sport...i feel the roughing the passer rules have gotten to tight the roughing penalties in the open field are too tight. then we wonder how so many players get hurt **** they are all soft

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I see a lot of corners/safeties these days trying to tomahawk the ball out of someone's hands rather than tackling them.

From little league to college, this was a no no when I played. Get the man down on the ground.

I agree poor tackling is sport wide now...in the ACC championship game if Tech or Clemson either one got past the line of scrimmage it was off to the races. You see it every week in the NFL. It is very rare to see anyone who knows how to form tackle anymore. Alot of players try to run up and throw theirself at the ball carriers legs. I believe alot of focus has been put on stripping the ball rather than tackling the player. When you see the replay on a big run look and see how many players get stiff armed to the ground while trying to take the ball. I was always taught to knock the **** out of them the fumbles will come on their own. The idea was to seperate the player from the ball not run up to someone who has a full head of steam and try and grab it as they go by then pick yourself up off the ground and wonder how the **** they scored.

@abrahamburger... I agree.....LL to College....Get your man down plain and simple....

@glassdaddy....You are right....you keep tackling and the fumbles will come....

I think CB's and Safeties have gotten too soft because i see them giving a 10 yard cushion to a receiver from the line. I think that the CB's should be up at the line jamming the receiver. You have 5 yards from the line of scrimmage to jam receivers. You jam them enough and they will start to get frustrated. Alot of the plays nowadays are precision based routes and if the WR's aren't in the area, then it messes with the QB and allow's the DL to get to the QB.

I guess what I'm seeing on the defensive side of the ball is really getting under my skin and the coaches are allowing this.....

GO FALCONS!!!!!!