I say we show those Vick fans

Rambler

I see that there is a segment of the boards that want to teach the Vick supporters a lesson by selling their season tickets for the remainder of the year. I have a better idea. Why dont you sever all ties with the organization. Become say a Saints fan. That will teach a lesson. Heck, lets all just move on and hope the Falcons move to another city. That would really show em and make them real sorry. Those Vick fans, they havent heard the last of this.

Supporting Vick is one thing but cheering for a player of the opposing team as he scores while the Falcons get beat up is another. The most basic core concept of being a fan of a team is you cheer when they do good but you don't cheer when the team you are supposedly a fan of gets scored on.

It's far fetched to say people are giving up their season tickets. The majority of the people who are a fan of the player and not the team probably won't be there next Sunday or at the Buffalo game. The player they cheered for will not be there.

How does such a simple concept get misunderstood?

Supporting Vick is one thing but cheering for a player of the opposing team as he scores while the Falcons get beat up is another. The most basic core concept of being a fan of a team is you cheer when they do good but you don't cheer when the team you are supposedly a fan of gets scored on.

It's far fetched to say people are giving up their season tickets. The majority of the people who are a fan of the player and not the team probably won't be there next Sunday or at the Buffalo game. The player they cheered for will not be there.

Because there is not an IQ requirement to post on a message board. :)

Hit close to home? Anyone who liked Vick wasnt a Falcon supporter and now season ticket holders want to sell because of some fans? Where is the loyalty now?

Regardless of whether I purchase tickets or not - my loyalty to the Falcons will not waiver.

I choose not to sit in the stadium with people who claim to be fans then root against their team. That is my perogative and none of your business. Some of these people are like my second family on Sunday - been sitting around them for years. To see them suddenly rooting for the opposition - wasn't a great feeling for me - regardless of how little you may feel it mattered.

For me - the game day experience has always been about supporting the team - screaming and laughing and joking and crying and high fiving and just feeling the love with the people around me. It's even about smack talking with the rival fans while watching the game.

You don't see the game the same live. There are few replays. You see an overall picture more than the trail of the ball. For this reason - I dvr the game and watch it again when I get home.

I'm going to pull for the Falcons whether it's from home or at the stadium. If the appeal of the stadium - and the joy I get in sharing it with those around me is not there - I can stay home and watch the big screen.

I drive 3 hours one way every single home game to see them. When I lived in South Florida - we'd drive up the night before - 13 hours one way. When we lived in California - we flew.

I have been to over 30 years of home games - numbering close to 400. I go to several away games every year. I won't stop going to the away games. At least I expect those around me to be rooting for the other team. I have no problem with that.

I must feel pretty strongly about it to decide that I would rather watch from home, wouldn't you say? Even if you don't agree - it is NOYFB.

No sir, I am well aware of the concept of my post. Its called representing absurdity by beeing absurd. Anyone here who abdicates somekind of punishment on the Falcon organization in any form, wether it be by not renewing season tickets or any other form of retribution are selfish and are not true supporters of the team.

Regardless of whether I purchase tickets or not - my loyalty to the Falcons will not waiver.

I choose not to sit in the stadium with people who claim to be fans then root against their team. That is my perogative and none of your business. Some of these people are like my second family on Sunday - been sitting around them for years. To see them suddenly rooting for the opposition - wasn't a great feeling for me - regardless of how little you may feel it mattered.

For me - the game day experience has always been about supporting the team - screaming and laughing and joking and crying and high fiving and just feeling the love with the people around me. It's even about smack talking with the rival fans while watching the game.

I totally get you, really I do. i have been a season ticket holder since 2000. I live in Va, but grew up in Ga. Making the games is a real burden. I do recall alot of threads about season ticket holders who left after Vick was gone and I cant help but see a parallel of some sort. There is no reason why you cant move seats.

You don't see the game the same live. There are few replays. You see an overall picture more than the trail of the ball. For this reason - I dvr the game and watch it again when I get home.

I'm going to pull for the Falcons whether it's from home or at the stadium. If the appeal of the stadium - and the joy I get in sharing it with those around me is not there - I can stay home and watch the big screen.

I drive 3 hours one way every single home game to see them. When I lived in South Florida - we'd drive up the night before - 13 hours one way. When we lived in California - we flew.

I have been to over 30 years of home games - numbering close to 400. I go to several away games every year. I won't stop going to the away games. At least I expect those around me to be rooting for the other team. I have no problem with that.

I must feel pretty strongly about it to decide that I would rather watch from home, wouldn't you say? Even if you don't agree - it is NOYFB.

I get what your saying, I have been a season ticket holder living in Va. since 2000 and making the games is a real burden. There is no reason why you cant change seats. E-mail Arthur. I`m sure it can be arranged. Edited by daroadrambler

No sir, I am well aware of the concept of my post. Its called representing absurdity by beeing absurd. Anyone here who abdicates somekind of punishment on the Falcon organization in any form, wether it be by not renewing season tickets or any other form of retribution are selfish and are not true supporters of the team.

No one is talking about punishment, little red wagon fixing, of the Falcons organization. I believe some people were questioning renewing their tickets because it defeats some of the purpose of the home team feel when half the crowd arrives late, sits on their hands, or in the most recent case cheers for the wrong team because of a former player.

When you spend a few thousand every year on tickets like I do as well as many others I can understand people not wanting to subject themselves to that environment. I've been doing it too long too change and win or lose I enjoy the gameday experience even if the person next to me might as well being watching ice skating.

Thats pretty spot on with how I feel tandy.

abdicate?

I get what your saying, I have been a season ticket holder living in Va. since 2000 and making the games is a real burden. There is no reason why you cant change seats. E-mail Arthur. I`m sure it can be arranged.

Actually, this is what I'm trying to do. I have listed them in the Dome Field Advantage - asking someone to trade with me so I can still attend.

I told my hubby last night I wasn't renewing, but after considering it today - I think I'll probably just ask for a seat reassignment when we renew.

I love the Falcons - I was just hurt by the reaction.

For me - it wasn't about Vick. I was happy to see him. I watched him before the game - and I was wondering what he must feel like out there after all that time. I felt sad because there was a time I thought he would spend his whole career in Atlanta.

I clapped for him when he came on the field during warmups. I clapped for him during the coin toss. I even clapped the first time he took the field, although I said I wasn't - couldn't help it though. Then it was over.

From that point on - he was an Eagle. I felt like they were kicking sand in our players faces with the cheering for an Eagle touchdown. Before that - I had no problem with the cheering. I understood it - and I felt happy for those around me who had waited so long to see him back on that field.

It was the touchdown cheering. It was the cheering by Falcon fans when the fumble-TD happened. It was the cheering by Falcon fans even when the play didn't involve Vick after a while. That stung.

I see that there is a segment of the boards that want to teach the Vick supporters a lesson by selling their season tickets for the remainder of the year. I have a better idea. Why dont you sever all ties with the organization. Become say a Saints fan. That will teach a lesson. Heck, lets all just move on and hope the Falcons move to another city. That would really show em and make them real sorry. Those Vick fans, they havent heard the last of this.

We can show you the bird and not the Falcons kind either <_< .

Quoted for accuracy.

This is one of those rare cases where you actually had to be there to really understand just how rough it was. I'm not saying anything about people who go to games are better/more informed than people who don't. I only just moved to Atlanta in July and had only been to 4 games prior to this season. But I just want to make it known that for THIS PARTICULAR GAME, those who didn't go to the game and are commenting about how people are overreacting...it's just not clear how truly divided our own fan base was until you were right there watching it and experiencing it live, seeing people who you've gotten to know and chat with all of a sudden rooting against our team. I confronted one STH saying "If you like the Eagles so much, why don't you get Eagles season tickets instead? You don't even like the Falcons do you?" I won't directly quote the person for the sake of language, but suffice it to say that over the remainder of the game the lightest things my brother and I got called were "dumba** in a number 2 jersey" and "racist bigots," neither of which were warranted...I am no racist, and did not say one thing to indicate that my feelings had to do with skin color.

I didn't feel like (not just referring to my section, but the whole dome) I was with my Falcon brethren. It had that odd sickening feeling, watching something that has gotten so bright over the last year and a half, just sort of turn on itself in the face of an embarrassing defeat. My brother and I snuck down to the home tunnel and as Arthur Blank was walking in after the game, a group of people were saying "BRING MIKE VICK BACK ARTHUR! GET HIM BACK!" I've never seen him look so truly disappointed, as he just stared at that group of people. I can't imagine how he really feels about his fan base right now, and there's nothing that really can be done about it because the root of the problem is so taboo to address publicly, that it just has to make itself fade away.

Actually, this is what I'm trying to do. I have listed them in the Dome Field Advantage - asking someone to trade with me so I can still attend.

I told my hubby last night I wasn't renewing, but after considering it today - I think I'll probably just ask for a seat reassignment when we renew.

I love the Falcons - I was just hurt by the reaction.

For me - it wasn't about Vick. I was happy to see him. I watched him before the game - and I was wondering what he must feel like out there after all that time. I felt sad because there was a time I thought he would spend his whole career in Atlanta.

I clapped for him when he came on the field during warmups. I clapped for him during the coin toss. I even clapped the first time he took the field, although I said I wasn't - couldn't help it though. Then it was over.

From that point on - he was an Eagle. I felt like they were kicking sand in our players faces with the cheering for an Eagle touchdown. Before that - I had no problem with the cheering. I understood it - and I felt happy for those around me who had waited so long to see him back on that field.

It was the touchdown cheering. It was the cheering by Falcon fans when the fumble-TD happened. It was the cheering by Falcon fans even when the play didn't involve Vick after a while. That stung.

I want to sit in a section where I am surrounded by nothing but Falcon fans... and I have never had that happen as a season ticket holder. Every year and EVERY game there's always fans from the other team there running their mouth.... and they are usually sitting in front of me with better seats.

As a matter of fact the only time that happens and I am surrounded by Falcon fans is when I am at a sports bar.... how messed up is that? I get a better game day experience when I don't go to the game.

In college at least they keep most of the other team's fan in a different section.

I can't beleive fans would actually sell off their seasons tickets I'd kill to just get a game on tv and these people are lucky enough to go to every home game and they don't want to because some people cheered for Vick? I'll glad take your tickets and if you really want to see a sad bunch of fans go watch my Toronto Argos play lol

I want to sit in a section where I am surrounded by nothing but Falcon fans... and I have never had that happen as a season ticket holder. Every year and EVERY game there's always fans from the other team there running their mouth.... and they are usually sitting in front of me with better seats.

As a matter of fact the only time that happens and I am surrounded by Falcon fans is when I am at a sports bar.... how messed up is that? I get a better game day experience when I don't go to the game.

In college at least they keep most of the other team's fan in a different section.

This was a one game deal. I guess it was closure for some. I doubt we will ever see anything like this ever again. A win against New Orleans and all will be forgiven.

You are going to get other teams fans no matter where you go, The last Bills game I was at there were so many Denver fans running their mouths so its not gonna matter where you go