10 observations from the game

Ice1974

ughhh, where to start

1. Our Special Teams has been cr@p all year, blocked punts, missed FG's, giving up long returns, fumbles....and the thing that really got me....Brent Frikin Grimes, twice he was first down the field on returns, and both times he completely whiffed, barely broke down, just dived in and missed

2. and not only is Grimes bad on Special Teams, but hes getting picked on as a dime/nickel, he got beat every way yesterday, deep passes, sideline passes, underneath, if he is on the team next year I cant take the defense seriously.

3. I cant hold Redman at total fault, yes his passes were off, but name 1 back-up QB that could have come into that situation and done well, with all our starters out, our defense, the Special Teams fumble, I dont like Redman for next year, but he's an average back-up

4. Can you just see the difference in the Philly D and our D, they were licking their chops on the line, and we played passive

5. Why????????????????????????? JA98 actually had a decent game as DT, so why is he still getting plays lined up as DE??? what the heck is up with our coaches,

6. I havent seen anything bad from Chris Owens yet, hes played ok in 2 games, more than we can say about Hill, Houston or Grimes

7. I'm starting to think twice about the future of our defense, Moore and Jerry basically come back next year as rookies, everyone in the secondary is possibly out except, Owens, Moore and DeCoud, Peterson will be older, Nicholas has been average, another year of JA98??? Abe looks done, wheres A TRUE bright spot outside of Lofton, Babs and Bierman(maybe DeCoud)??

8. I dont blame Smith for going for the TD at the end of the first half, once he makes the call its out of his hands, and then in Mularkeys, 4 straight running plays??, all 4 up the middle??, and one of them a wildcat??? when you have a Pro Bowl WR and TE as your only legit weapons left on offense???

9. The team looks lost, I mean literally lost, confused, out of place, I dont know what to think of Mularkey and BVG anymore, I would have them gone, but I dont see Smith getting rid of them

10. I've been a fan since 1980..... and seen lots of bad games, bad times(Jeff George, Deion coming back, Robinson pre SB, injuries, fights, stupid decisions, bad drafts) but that was.... in all my days, the worst game I have seen, we as fans, and I mean the true fans, that root for THE ATLANTA FALCONS, dont deserve this treatment anymore

its like we are married to an alcholic that we cant divorce

bump

Nicholas and Lofton both got beat bad on the Weaver long catch and run

and Coleman wiffed on the tackle, he got juked by a FB, terrible

Nicholas is not very fast

DeCoud wiffed on the Vick TD run

Grimes got beat bad on the Vick throw, Owens was coming over from his man to support, cant really blame Owens, I have no idea what Grimes is doing to challenge the ball

another thing Coleman comes up to the LOS on the play and if he had just rushed kept coming when Vick rolled out, he would have had a clean shot on him, but instead he drops back into coverage into no mans land and doesnt do anything productive, thats the mentality of the defense..sit back and wait, instead of attack and make a play, watch the replay

DeCoud was the one who got beat on the Vick TD throw, totally beat because he over bit and didnt back side contain

Edited by Ice1974

7. I'm starting to think twice about the future of our defense, Moore and Jerry basically come back next year as rookies, everyone in the secondary is possibly out except, Owens, Moore and DeCoud, Peterson will be older, Nicholas has been average, another year of JA98??? Abe looks done, wheres A TRUE bright spot outside of Lofton, Babs and Bierman(maybe DeCoud)??

Excellent post, but I think your actually overestimating the talent on defense.

2. and not only is Grimes bad on Special Teams, but hes getting picked on as a dime/nickel, he got beat every way yesterday, deep passes, sideline passes, underneath, if he is on the team next year I cant take the defense seriously.
Grimes is a UFA after this season and I can almost guarantee that he isn't coming back. The guy has gotten replace by Foxxy, Williams, Hill, and now Owens. Yeah, he AINT comin back.